IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Scheduled appt for 5k, very DISAPOINTED!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-06 | 01:22 PM
IS350spBLK
Driver

Default Scheduled 5k, very DISAPOINTED!! update

Finally scheduled my appointment with Thompson Lexus for my 5k and to have them check out some other issues with the car... first of all it took me about 5 hrs to schedule it, cause they kept giving me voice mail, or saying the guy is out to lunch or busy, never got any calls back.

SO they put the service manager on the phone, it seemed as if he had a rebutal for every problem I gave him about the car... for example:

Theres rattles coming fromt he passenger rear area-his reply: your probably hitting to many pot holes...

My rear view mirror shakes when Im doing 60 with the window down- his reply: thats normal all cars do it, just turn your A/C on. (LMAO!)

Steering wheel is making noise when turned-his reply ( its because we had a cold winter) - I say well how bout the people from Cali? Ive heard some complaints too...- his reply: they got some cold days as well and this is normal for these cars...

Told him that Im not happy with the cracks in my dash, that the metal parts underneath are showing- his reply: thats how they all are, lexus makes them like that.

Then I ask if Im getting a lexus as a loaner and he goes probably not, most likely a camry, I specificaly remember them telling me when I bought the IS that all Loaners would be new lexus's... Not too happy with all this bullll *****, am I allowed to go to another lexus dealer to get serviced on my first 5k? well just thought id share my experience....

Last edited by IS350spBLK; 03-21-06 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-14-06 | 01:25 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Time to find a new dealer. In my experiences, the quality of service at Lexus dealerships varies from excellent to sub-par. You can take your IS anywhere for service (including the free 5k).
Old 03-14-06 | 01:40 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Usually the 5k service doesn't involve a loaner.
Old 03-14-06 | 01:43 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by IS350spBLK
...am I allowed to go to another lexus dealer to get serviced on my first 5k?
Yes you can. You can go to any Lexus dealership to buy a car, and you can go to any dealership to provide you service. The complimentary 5k check up is provided across the board.

The 5k check-up usually does not involve a loaner car. A loaner car is usually provided if the service costs more then $200, or if your car will take more than 2 hours to service.
Old 03-14-06 | 01:46 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Damn that sucks, my dealer gives loaner ES's and RX's. However the stuff I have had done there only took 1-1.5 hours. So no loaner given.
Old 03-14-06 | 01:49 PM
dfw350
Lead Lap

ES is so slow
Old 03-14-06 | 01:53 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

The Camry or Lexus loaner would be the least of my worries here. I'd be pissed if he blew me off like that with all those canned BS responses to all your concerns. I received much better concern & responsiveness from my Nissan dealership...Lexus should be even better....and mine is. If it were me getting those responses and I had another dealer I could have it serviced at that's not too far, they'd never see my car again.
Old 03-14-06 | 01:54 PM
ptmIS350
Rookie

I hate when dealers pull that "i can't" crap. It seems many try to justify issues so they don't have to fix it. I had a mold issue in my P.O.S. Infiniti and they told me at the dealer "all cars have mold". I was like "really that's amazing I never had another car shoot mold flecks in the summer when I turn on the AC"

Needless to say I went with Lexus for those reasons, I needed a reliable car I hope I never have to take to the dealer.

BTW I love my IS way more than my m45, in fact it's like comparing apples to oranges. The IS is engineered, the m45 was a toy!

Get rid of that dealer and report them to lexus. You are the customer..remember that!
Old 03-14-06 | 02:05 PM
shox
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kensteele
Usually the 5k service doesn't involve a loaner.
I just booked my car in for 8000KM (5000 miles) service and they asked me if I wanted a loaner.
Old 03-14-06 | 02:19 PM
Tuxlex
Driver

IS350spBLK, I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience.

I'm scheduled to pick up my IS350 at the end of this month
from Thompson Lexus an am concerned about the service as well.

First of all I've been waiting 4 months now and paying MSRP.
I called the service department to inquire about having them
install a clear bra when I pick up the car. The said that they do not
install them since it is not a standard Lexus accessory and cannot
warranty it. They had not solutions to getting the clear bra.

Since I don't need the car right away, I'm actually thinking about
not picking up the car from them if the salesman can not make me
happy. I think I should have ordered the car out of state from
Lawrence Lexus in NJ. It is closer to me and it's even on my way to work.

Now I don't know if I should even deal with those unaccomodating
jerks. What do you recommend.
Old 03-14-06 | 02:23 PM
MYIS350
Rookie

Where in PA is that dealership you're talking about? Cuz I'm also in PA and thinking about buying an IS soon!!
Old 03-14-06 | 02:24 PM
Tuxlex
Driver

Thompson is located in Doylestown.
Old 03-14-06 | 02:41 PM
LexFather

Sorry to hear this. Do u have a relationship with this dealer?
Old 03-14-06 | 06:51 PM
sickntired
Intermediate

In general, is it helpful to speak to the general manager of the dealership when the service manager is not giving you the service you expect? I would think that they would want your return business.
Old 03-14-06 | 07:01 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Sorry to hear that IS350spBLK. I guess I'm just lucky, my Lexus dealer is Park Place Lexus in Texas and it's rated the # 1 Lexus dealer in USA. They'll do everything to make me happy, they give me loaner if I just ask for it when I have my car service, they even let me pick out the loaners which are RX, ES and IS.
I think you should change your dealer. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Scheduled appt for 5k, very DISAPOINTED!!