Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

what color interior do you have

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-06, 04:32 PM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by accelerate
yea black is the best option if you don't like to have stains on your carpet, i've yet to see a car that is five years old without carpet stains on there light color interior. Always has a nasty feel to the car.
Sorry, but I don't eat or drink in my car, so I don't care what color it is, it won't have stains. A simple spray on fabric guard will take care of any other issues.
Old 03-19-06, 07:05 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Ive got mine on order, I got black on black. Like most say, I dont think with tint and cooling seats, heat should be the least of my worries
Old 03-23-06, 01:24 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I ordered my CW back in Nov, I wanted Sterling but was told that color combo wasn't available so I went with black. I'm really happy with my choice because it has such a sporty feel especially with the aluminum sports pedals. Even on the hottest of days here in So Cal, I haven't had the need to turn on the cooled seats because the leather is so soft and it's ventilated.

I agree w/everyone who said that CW with black int. is rare in Calif. My sales guy said that I'm one of the first to get CW with black int. He said CW was more common with cashmere int. I'm really happy I didn't go with Cashmere int because I had that combo once in a Honda and it was sooo hard to keep the int clean although I rarely ever ate/drink/smoke (never) inside the car.
Old 03-23-06, 12:20 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
When I ordered my CW back in Nov, I wanted Sterling but was told that color combo wasn't available so I went with black. I'm really happy with my choice because it has such a sporty feel especially with the aluminum sports pedals. Even on the hottest of days here in So Cal, I haven't had the need to turn on the cooled seats because the leather is so soft and it's ventilated.

I agree w/everyone who said that CW with black int. is rare in Calif. My sales guy said that I'm one of the first to get CW with black int. He said CW was more common with cashmere int. I'm really happy I didn't go with Cashmere int because I had that combo once in a Honda and it was sooo hard to keep the int clean although I rarely ever ate/drink/smoke (never) inside the car.
haha hottest days in cali, probably like 85 degrees huh? Gets over 100 sometimes in Houston, doesnt scare me from getting black interior, ill get tint anyways, crack a window and use a sunscreen when I park, it helps a lot. I cant stan a non black interior, scuff marks would show up easily, and the inside would age much faster because you can see all the marks
Old 03-28-06, 06:42 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

You know it : like that two tone effect with the black dash. It goes with Blue.
Old 03-30-06, 07:01 PM
Soda
Pole Position

Sterling..it's nice and it still has a contrast. Looks really sharp.
Old 03-30-06, 07:32 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

cashmere for me. I just like the contrast with the dash and door panels. I don't plan on keeping the thing forever, so wear and staining don't concern me too much
Old 03-31-06, 09:36 AM
Advent
Rookie

Originally Posted by varok
I have black interior on my CW and it really looks sporty. I just wished lexus put aluminum trim instead of wood now that would have been awesome.
I have aluminum trim but I ordered mine ,maybe thats why you dont have it.I dont know why Lexus didnt have the option to have either wood or aluminum.I hate wood.
Old 05-06-06, 12:12 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the aluminum is fake. they should have had a carbon fiber or CF look option.
Old 05-06-06, 08:50 PM
jjwalker
Driver

Originally Posted by accelerate
yea black is the best option if you don't like to have stains on your carpet, i've yet to see a car that is five years old without carpet stains on there light color interior. Always has a nasty feel to the car.

I think all IS interiors have black carpet? I have Sterling interior with black carpet.
Old 05-06-06, 09:26 PM
mikewpu04
Driver

After being set on black interior, I went with the sterling one because it just made a luxury car statement much more then black. The interior felt more refined and comforting to me. The black was more sport, and the sterling was more luxury...to me at least. I wanted a luxury car inside with a sporty outside, and I think I got that combo pretty well.
Old 05-06-06, 10:37 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have sterling... I would have gone with cashmere too but not black for sure. Two tone definately looks more sophisticated, at least to me.
Old 05-06-06, 11:19 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cashmere interior has cashmere carpet not black.
Old 05-07-06, 11:23 PM
DanIS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by ba-b4
I have sterling... I would have gone with cashmere too but not black for sure. Two tone definately looks more sophisticated, at least to me.
I think interior color is really just a matter of personal taste. (<--- most obvious statement ever.)

When my folks got their first true luxury car, it had a black interior. Same goes for my friend's Range Rover. I thought both looked really sharp, so when I got my 350, I got a black interior. The sterling reminds me of the leather interior of my grandpa's Buicks....Bench seats....ugh.

I guess we are products of our environment. Hmmm...this is really a more anthropological post than I intended.

Anyway, the black does have the grey headliner, so I guess I think of the car as two-toned in some sense.
Old 05-08-06, 05:20 PM
larsdenner
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jjwalker
I think all IS interiors have black carpet? I have Sterling interior with black carpet.
I have Cashmere and it came with Cashmere mats. I've got to find a way to get black ones 'cause these will be filthy pretty quick. Looks nice though.

Quick Reply: what color interior do you have