IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Do you think the IS350/IS250 appeals more to men, to women, or equally to both?
I'm a guy and think the 2IS appeals more to men
38.32%
I'm a guy and think the 2IS appeals more to women
7.78%
I'm a guy and think the 2IS appeals equally to both men & women
46.71%
I'm a gal and think the 2IS appeals more to men
2.40%
I'm a gal and think the 2IS appeals more to women
1.80%
I'm a gal and think the 2IS appeals equally to both men & women
2.99%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Is the 2IS more appealing to men or women?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-06, 07:30 AM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I'm female and voted I think it would appeal more to guys....at this point anyway. Don't know too many females that would go through such a process to get a car, i.e., special ordering and waiting up to four months. Females want to see it, touch it, drive it, and buy it now. Maybe when there are more out there on the lot just waiting for someone to come and buy will the females be buying it more. With the scarcity of the car right now I believe that is why more males are getting it. Also, I think only real car enthusiasts (mostly male) knew about it and when it was coming out. It takes awhile for the rest of the world to see it in television and magazine advertisings and on the road before they even know it is out there. Yesterday I saw a two-page spread in my March issue of In Style Magazine so I'm sure some females will be noticing it now.
Old 03-16-06, 07:40 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by is4me2
I'm female and voted I think it would appeal more to guys....at this point anyway. Don't know too many females that would go through such a process to get a car, i.e., special ordering and waiting up to four months. Females want to see it, touch it, drive it, and buy it now. Maybe when there are more out there on the lot just waiting for someone to come and buy will the females be buying it more. With the scarcity of the car right now I believe that is why more males are getting it. Also, I think only real car enthusiasts (mostly male) knew about it and when it was coming out. It takes awhile for the rest of the world to see it in television and magazine advertisings and on the road before they even know it is out there. Yesterday I saw a two-page spread in my March issue of In Style Magazine so I'm sure some females will be noticing it now.
One of our leading ladies for SELOC www.seloc.net, had an IS 300, went in for service, saw the IS 350, walked out with it SHe loves her 350
Old 03-16-06, 09:48 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

It's a sexy looking sedan & I think it should appeal to both gender equally Among the 2IS drivers I saw, I would say it's roughly 50/50 M/F.
Old 03-16-06, 02:28 PM
SportyStar
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Lexus already knows the answer. Look at the pic, 75% to men.

I like finding facts
1SICKLEX, great find, thanks! :-) That 75% figure sounds about right, seems like more men are buying the car initially, but in time, like is4me2 mentioned, I'm sure more people will be aware of the car, and we'll certainly have a good number of women IS drivers as well.
Old 03-16-06, 02:45 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is likely that men lean toward the 350 and women lean toward the 250.
Old 03-16-06, 03:48 PM
wawawa
Rookie

I've seen a lot of women drive IS250 in SoCal LA...
rarely see any IS350 which is kinda strange to me
Old 03-16-06, 04:56 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

All of my guy friends love the car and the girl friends all think it's sexy. As for what i've seen on the road, I've seen 2 women driving 250's and the rest of the one's i've seen have been men. I think all but 2 guys i've seen driving the 2IS were driving the 350. And i'm starting to see them a lot more now too, it's probably the same ones over and over, I see them driving home from work going the other way in traffic.
Old 03-16-06, 07:58 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

I think a BWB 250 would appeal to many women, while a Black 350 would appeal to most guys.
Old 03-17-06, 02:00 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxberry
I think a BWB 250 would appeal to many women...
You're really trying to get a rile out of us BWB owners, huh?
Old 03-17-06, 02:28 PM
nois3504me
Rookie

The Strangest thing so far is, here in Hawaii, i see more IS350s than i do IS250s on the road. of course i dont usually bother looking at whose driving so dont know whether it was a male or female driver.
Old 03-17-06, 06:13 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
You're really trying to get a rile out of us BWB owners, huh?
Not really! I just think a lighter colored 250 would be the 2IS that appeals to women. I only picked BWB because my wife had an 02 Eclipse in a similar metallic light blue color.
Old 03-17-06, 08:35 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I don't think there's anything particularly feminine about a 2IS in BWB
Old 03-18-06, 05:36 PM
x2mkx
Driver

Originally Posted by ChrisM910
i think it appeals to both men and women because it has the power than most men like and it has the elegance the a woman would look for. thats just my opinion
couldnt have said it any better...the fact is its just so universal...the power, though obviously not as appealing to women, plays a huge role in attracting men to the car. the look though, is just plain sexy, to both women and men. i think color makes a difference as well. for example, white seems to be the more feminine color, though it is still appealing to men as well. finally, the interior is simply good for both genders nuff said
Old 03-19-06, 06:12 PM
pokerface
Driver School Candidate

I think the 2IS is more "effeminate" than the first gen. Thus should appeal more to females than the older model. It's still a car that a guy would tend to love more (mean stance)
Old 03-19-06, 07:07 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
I don't think there's anything particularly feminine about a 2IS in BWB
I didn't say that BWB is "feminine", but I do think that most (not all) women: a) could care less about engine performance and c) gravitate towards the lighter colors. Doesn't make the 250 or those colors feminine, as there are quite a few guys out there with 250s and/or BWB, CW, GFM, etc.. I like white and have had a white car myself. As an aside -a few days ago, I saw a GFM 250 in a restaurant parking lot. The woman who owned it had her first name pinstriped on the doors. Colors are obviously a very subjective thing.

Quick Reply: Is the 2IS more appealing to men or women?