IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

have u seen this? (this = "BURL WOOD DASH KIT")

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-06 | 07:23 PM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Now see, I want to get rid of my wood (in the car you sickos!!) and would much rather have the aluminum kit. Might be worth getting just to see if its something I'd use.
Old 03-20-06 | 07:28 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

You should try it, however, I think you will still see some brown wood.

I want to get the Blackwood, like the GS's have. That is awesome.
Old 03-20-06 | 07:33 PM
ChrisM910
Driver

thats a little to much and a little to ricy for me
Old 03-20-06 | 07:39 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

People dont have to use the whole kit. It also may be good for people who dont have wood and want it.
Old 03-20-06 | 08:18 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Yeah, I definitely would not buy that. If you don't already have the wood trim in your car and really want it, go buy some OEM replacement parts and install those.
Old 03-20-06 | 08:28 PM
emissivity

Tacky yes!!! Everyone this is a Lexus!!!! please stay away from the stickers!!!!! Hey it could have been worse....Gucci seats and dashboard print
Old 03-20-06 | 08:45 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

not something I would put on my car.
Old 03-20-06 | 08:47 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

I think the IS has just enough of the wood as it is. Anymore will be overdoing it, IMO
Old 03-20-06 | 10:38 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
I wanted to buy a kit from SuperiorDash.com. Its a lot more expensive and only has the same pices that comes OEM. But its real wood. The color I wanted was grey Birdseye Maple, which is the color thats on the GS.

http://www.superiordash.com/material...id=4&mat_id=29

But I am afraid of the fitment, If you do get it, send me some pics!

http://www.superiordash.com/uploads/...006/LED025.jpg
i personally think these replacement pieces would look dead amazing in a grey color interior.
Old 03-21-06 | 06:19 AM
Langdell
Driver

Originally Posted by Foxberry
I think the IS has just enough of the wood as it is. Anymore will be overdoing it, IMO
I agree with that statement with respect to the wood-trimmed version of the IS interior. I originally wanted the wood trim; I also preferred the Sport package and was disappointed when I learned that I could not get both. While waiting for my IS to arrive, I toyed with the idea of getting a dash kit and using just a few of the pieces to add some wood accents without going overboard. But now the simple, futuristic elegance of the metallic-trim interior has grown on me, and I'm not going to mess with it. It would be nice, however, if Lexus used real aluminum instead of the plastic stuff--even Infiniti does that now.
Old 03-21-06 | 06:27 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Langdell
I agree with that statement with respect to the wood-trimmed version of the IS interior. I originally wanted the wood trim; I also preferred the Sport package and was disappointed when I learned that I could not get both. While waiting for my IS to arrive, I toyed with the idea of getting a dash kit and using just a few of the pieces to add some wood accents without going overboard. But now the simple, futuristic elegance of the metallic-trim interior has grown on me, and I'm not going to mess with it. It would be nice, however, if Lexus used real aluminum instead of the plastic stuff--even Infiniti does that now.
The Burlwood is nice, but I dont think its fitting for a Luxury sports sedan. You should get the Grey Birds eye Maple Like I wanted(Its on the GS300, with sterling interior).

The Sports Package comes with the same trim as the Base 350. Thats Lame!

Go to Superiordash and get the kit... then send me some pics so I can decide if I want it too.

Old 03-21-06 | 06:44 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

i want to get the stock wood pieces re-covered in real carbon fiber
Old 03-21-06 | 06:47 AM
Langdell
Driver

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
The Burlwood is nice, but I dont think its fitting for a Luxury sports sedan. You should get the Grey Birds eye Maple Like I wanted(Its on the GS300, with sterling interior).

The Sports Package comes with the same trim as the Base 350. Thats Lame!

Go to Superiordash and get the kit... then send me some pics so I can decide if I want it too.

I agree that the grey would look good. When I was considering the dash kit idea, I was leaning toward it. But, as I say, I have now decided I like the stock interior. So it's staying the way it is in my 350.

P.S. If anyone with the Sport package is considering a dash kit and wants to use the center console piece, pay attention to whether or not the kit you are ordering has the extra cut-outs for the seat heat/ventilate *****. Just FYI.
Old 03-21-06 | 07:30 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Oh, I am just kidding about the base trim being lame... since I have a 350 base
Old 03-21-06 | 08:09 AM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Default Nope...

I like wood more than most (no perverse comments please ) but this is just too much. I agree that the pieces never match the way you want them to, plus if you want a matched set, it involves covering up the existing wood trim with the new pieces so they all match. I wouldnt mind a little more wood trim in the car, but that is just ridiculous.

Quick Reply: have u seen this? (this = "BURL WOOD DASH KIT")