IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Is McFly a sinister disguise for HefferGM?
Yes, without a doubt
83.33%
No way, McFly is just another grumpy poster
16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Is McFly HefferGM??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-06, 03:26 PM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRupp
This thread cracks me up.

But yeah a few of HefferGM's posts were helpful indeed, but sometimes a little harsh... this is kinda like the Lexus Novice forum as the IS350 is such a different car from anything in the past that a lot of newcomers have been drawn into the community since they aren't driving a BMW, or Jaguar etc anymore. I have a concern that people who are new to the community that get a response by a cynical post might feel unwelcomed, which I would hate to see here on CL, because that's not what CL is at all.
This is an amusing thread, I must confess. I'm not going to bother to confirm or deny whatever's going on, because I don't much care on way or the other. That being said, I've pretty much taken my leave of this forum, as apparently the mysterious heffergm did as well. The level of technical knowhow and simple knowledge about how cars work is rather low, which to be honest, I shouldn't really be surprised about given the brand.

I'll enjoy my car in obscurity... but by all means, continue the debate
Old 03-21-06, 04:05 PM
SportyStar
Driver

Originally Posted by mcfly
This is an amusing thread, I must confess. I'm not going to bother to confirm or deny whatever's going on, because I don't much care on way or the other. That being said, I've pretty much taken my leave of this forum, as apparently the mysterious heffergm did as well. The level of technical knowhow and simple knowledge about how cars work is rather low, which to be honest, I shouldn't really be surprised about given the brand.

The Mysterious McFly appears! Yeah, I think it's HefferGM in disguise --same sense of humor, which, btw, I enjoyed. If it weren't for HefferGM, I might not have ever expected the IS350 to be equipped with a timing chain rather than a belt, which I find interesting. I hope you stay on the forum, McFly/HefferGM. We know you're the one we can count on for technical help.
Old 03-21-06, 05:26 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mcfly

Ah, there's that trademark self-importance and arrogance we all know and love! You can change a screen name, but a tiger can't change it's stripes!
In all seriousness tho, I hope you stick around...other than the few times you've crossed the line, I find your Simon Cowell (props to Caymandive) way of dispensing good techincal information both informative and entertaining!
Old 03-21-06, 06:24 PM
lcarr
Rookie

If it smells like it, tastes like it, feels like it, and sounds like it, .......it must be..........