IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Is McFly a sinister disguise for HefferGM?
Yes, without a doubt
83.33%
No way, McFly is just another grumpy poster
16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Is McFly HefferGM??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-06, 07:18 AM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is McFly HefferGM??

Many of us have noticed that HefferGM has been missing from the site since he was scolded for poor posts.

Then, almost immediately after aforementioned scoldings, a man named McFly mysteriously appears on the boards, with the same "style" and "attitude" as HefferGM.

And they both have previously owned a Subaru WRX.

Several of us have discussed this, and I'm wondering what everyone thinks.

McFly - it's time to take off your mask and reveal the real HefferGM!!
Old 03-21-06, 07:21 AM
redcell
Driver

too funny....heffergm knows his stuff though.
Old 03-21-06, 07:55 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Wid IS350
Many of us have noticed that HefferGM has been missing from the site since he was scolded for poor posts.

Then, almost immediately after aforementioned scoldings, a man named McFly mysteriously appears on the boards, with the same "style" and "attitude" as HefferGM.

And they both have previously owned a Subaru WRX.

Several of us have discussed this, and I'm wondering what everyone thinks.

McFly - it's time to take off your mask and reveal the real HefferGM!!
I never noticed any scolding for poor posts by HefferGM. He actually kinda reminds me of Simon from American Idol though. Tells you how it is whether you agree with him or not.
Old 03-21-06, 08:07 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

hehe. I think you're right. Mcflys first post is one day after heffergm's last post.
Old 03-21-06, 08:09 AM
Morrissey
Driver

I don't wanna get too involved, but that heffergm dude was a pretty cynical and negative guy. I can't imagine how he is in real life.
Old 03-21-06, 08:27 AM
silver250
Driver

that guy was a punk, always had something negative to say............i dont think he really knew crap, he was asking one time what was the torque spec for the drain plug
Old 03-21-06, 08:31 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Morrissey
heffergm was a pretty cynical and negative guy.
Constructive criticism and respectful opinions are always welcome to this forum. A little bit of humerous sarcasm doesn't hurt either.

However, blatant remarks against other CL members that have nothing to do about Lexus are not welcome. Please keep all remarks about Lexus cars and the Corporation itself.

We Lexus Owners are a civilized bunch, unlike other forums that are skewed to think they are "the best." Other forum members join this forum to not burst our bubble, but to stroke their own egos by belittling our members. No matter what they say, CL members know the difference in truth and opinion.

Please, keep it civilized.
Old 03-21-06, 10:29 AM
ahohnstein
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silver250
that guy was a punk, always had something negative to say............i dont think he really knew crap, he was asking one time what was the torque spec for the drain plug
Hmmm.... not sure but I bet I can count on two hands the number of CL members that know the lb/ft of torque recommended for the drain plug. I don't think you can draw anything from that at all. In fact, I rather enjoyed his posts. Very dry and straight to the point.
Old 03-21-06, 10:40 AM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

I was suspicious for the last few weeks whenever I read Mcfly's posts I thought they had the same flavor as HefferGM's. HefferGM did provide helpful advice and seemed to know his stuff and he hadn't received his car yet either. (Hey, maybe his car came in and he is too busy driving it around to post on here.) HefferGM provided a lot of entertainment, I could tell by his writings when he was bubbling up and getting ready to burst and pity the poor soul who got his wrath. At times, it was almost like a split personality. So far Mcfly has kept his cool pretty much.
Old 03-21-06, 10:55 AM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TimboIS
hehe. I think you're right. Mcflys first post is one day after heffergm's last post.
TimbolS, I'm glad to see you didn't dismiss this as yet another useless poll I was actually laughing out loud here in my office when I saw this poll! I def. agree with the majority. Come clean, McHefferGM!
Old 03-21-06, 11:17 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxberry
TimbolS, I'm glad to see you didn't dismiss this as yet another useless poll I was actually laughing out loud here in my office when I saw this poll! I def. agree with the majority. Come clean, McHefferGM!
Useless, yes. But not quite as bad as some of the other polls. I hope you also noticed I did not vote!
Old 03-21-06, 12:59 PM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Foxberry
Foxberry - Congrats on reaching "pole position" status! another 34,783 posts and you'll make it to mega moderator!
Old 03-21-06, 01:20 PM
SportyStar
Driver

Originally Posted by Wid IS350
Foxberry - Congrats on reaching "pole position" status! another 34,783 posts and you'll make it to mega moderator!
Speaking of "pole position", I was wondering where I can find the details on the number of posts required to reach each successive classification ... from rookie all the way up to super-moderator?
Old 03-21-06, 02:10 PM
dnszoom
Pole Position

There are certain similarities in their posting style and the last post/first post window is convenient but hey, stranger things have happened.

One thing though, despite his straight-up candor, heffergm knew his stuff.
Old 03-21-06, 03:20 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This thread cracks me up.

But yeah a few of HefferGM's posts were helpful indeed, but sometimes a little harsh... this is kinda like the Lexus Novice forum as the IS350 is such a different car from anything in the past that a lot of newcomers have been drawn into the community since they aren't driving a BMW, or Jaguar etc anymore. I have a concern that people who are new to the community that get a response by a cynical post might feel unwelcomed, which I would hate to see here on CL, because that's not what CL is at all.

Quick Reply: Is McFly HefferGM??