IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Category F, at port, received VIN

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-06, 01:20 PM
Redpaste
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Category F, at port, received VIN

I just called my Lexus dealer and just got my VIN, order was placed on 1/17/06. He said the car was in a "Category F" status. He said it has reached the port and he is just waiting for it to be delivered. He did have a VIN number for me as well.

Now my problem is that I need to leave town back to ATL. I will be there for 13 days and I do need a car when Im there. I leave the 26th of March. My only other option is to reserve a rental car, which I do not want to do. Anybody know what "Category F" means?

Should I just reserve a rental car? I would have to pay a cancellation fee as well if I did not need it. HELP!
Old 03-21-06, 02:14 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Hmm your IS came pretty quick, its going to take a few days at the port to go thru the customs red tape junk, id suggest you talk to the dealer and explain the situation that youll be out of town, for a couple weeks, maybe try to wrap up the sale before you leave, then pick it up when you get back, wow thats going to be the longest 2 weeks of your life
Old 03-21-06, 02:26 PM
Aterrex
Driver

Atlanta sucks I live there. Why are you in Atlanta anyway?
Old 03-21-06, 02:47 PM
Redpaste
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Aterrex
Atlanta sucks I live there. Why are you in Atlanta anyway?
Potential new business opportunity. Its not in ATL, i think about half an hour outside of it.

Anywhere is better than Delaware, trust me on this
Old 03-21-06, 02:54 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Redpaste
...order was placed on 1/17/06...

...I leave the 26th of March...
Reserve a rental car.

I ordered mine in late August 2005. I got a message from my dealer stating that the car arrived at port around early November. The car did not arrive at the dealer until 5 weeks after getting that message, around mid December.
Old 03-21-06, 05:27 PM
casey225
Pole Position

I just called my Lexus dealer and just got my VIN, order was placed on 1/17/06. He said the car was in a "Category F" status. He said it has reached the port and he is just waiting for it to be delivered. He did have a VIN number for me as well.

Now my problem is that I need to leave town back to ATL. I will be there for 13 days and I do need a car when Im there. I leave the 26th of March. My only other option is to reserve a rental car, which I do not want to do. Anybody know what "Category F" means?

Should I just reserve a rental car? I would have to pay a cancellation fee as well if I did not need it. HELP!
That's about when I ordered mine, I'm not so lucky to get VIN yet. Guess mine's still in Japan, if it's even on the production line yet. Congrats to you, though
Old 03-21-06, 06:09 PM
emissivity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the meantime, you can go to lexus.com, enter your VIN and get lexus owners access.
Old 03-21-06, 06:15 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ask your dealership for a rental. if you are committed to buying the car from them, no reason why they can't loan you are car. Might cost them $100/week but the mileage thing might be tricky.
Old 03-21-06, 06:48 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by emissivity
In the meantime, you can go to lexus.com, enter your VIN and get lexus owners access.
I don't think this is correct. I had my VIN and could not get in until the sales contract was executed.
Old 03-21-06, 07:03 PM
Turkoman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
Hmm your IS came pretty quick, its going to take a few days at the port to go thru the customs red tape junk, id suggest you talk to the dealer and explain the situation that youll be out of town, for a couple weeks, maybe try to wrap up the sale before you leave, then pick it up when you get back, wow thats going to be the longest 2 weeks of your life
I don't think a dealer can officially "wrap up" a sale until the car is in their posession so he can't close the deal until he can actually pick up the car. Sometimes they can give you a certified used car to use in special circumstances though.
Old 03-21-06, 07:03 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

Your lucky. My order was submitted 1/18/06 and I'm told it will be here the first part of May. When I placed the order I was told April. Now May.
Old 03-21-06, 07:21 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

It took 8 days for me to get my car after it reached the port.......very long 8 days,.....
Old 03-21-06, 07:40 PM
Redpaste
Lead Lap

thanks for the advice guys. Dealer did tell me he was going to call me back on Thursday to let me know if he has an exact date. Funny thing is when we were on the phone I found out his B-day was tomorrow and guess what??? SO IS MINE!! Small world I guess.

Maybe if im lucky I'll get a call saying that he has it in tomorrow. Then again, maybe I could win the powerball tomorrow too!
Old 03-21-06, 07:49 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Anybody know what "Category F" means?
Maybe your dealer can tell you? I'm curious what that means myself
Old 03-22-06, 10:48 AM
mkivbadger
Rookie

I believe Category F may indicate it's in freight...........for me the F meant it was on the boat to port. From there it changed to G which indicated it was on the ground which for me was train from port to Chicago and truck from Chicago to Lansing, Michigan.

Quick Reply: Category F, at port, received VIN