IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Late night experience I just felt like sharing

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-06, 10:05 AM
yellowssm
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
I wouldnt say there are a lot. There are a few that would however. A honda with a SAFC, Intake and exhaust isnt going to beat an IS350. A civic would need a turbo kit or a motor drop to beat an IS. Both aren't easy. And there are very few people who actually do it.
Not here in vegas. I go to the drag strip often and there are tons and tons of acuras and hondas that go 12 and 13 sec 1/4 miles with no turbo. I am just saying why do people that drive hondas "ricers?" they all dont have lawn mower exhausts, stickers all over there cars, etc. An S2000 is a honda and a stock one is just as fast as a 350.
Old 03-23-06, 10:02 AM
chipdesign
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kipperm13
Late night experience I just felt like sharing
Well I was just on my way from my girlfriend’s house and as I was on the NY state Thruway at 1130pm. When I came a long side a Honda Accord V6 which I was on the left lane and he was on my right. At this point I was going 80mph as I started to past him I noticed that he started to speed up and was staying in my rear quarter panel “blind spot” So I sped up to 85 and he just kept sitting there. I don’t know if he was trying to look at my car just was just acting like an @$$. There was no one else on the thruway. Well my exit was coming up in the next ½ mile so I did what anyone else would have done driving the IS350. I hit the gas and in seconds I was going 110mph with the accord was left sitting back there with his thumb up his butt. LOL. I just thought I would share this with all of you. Man I love this car

sounds so immature!
Old 03-23-06, 10:05 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

a K24 block (TSX) with a K20 head (RSX-S) with simple bolt ons can easily make ~230whp, not to be underestimated
Old 03-23-06, 10:06 AM
Kipperm13
Driver

Originally Posted by chipdesign
sounds so immature!
I guess your right. I am only 23 and this is my first new car i ever brought. So yea call me what you like . But then again, not to many 23 year old's can drive a car like this that they got on there own.
Old 03-23-06, 02:35 PM
Aterrex
Driver

My rice cooker > yours LOL

Is a lexus IS even considered a rice cooker ?
Old 03-23-06, 02:35 PM
Aterrex
Driver

I guess your right. I am only 23 and this is my first new car i ever brought. So yea call me what you like . But then again, not to many 23 year old's can drive a car like this that they got on there own.
Im younger =)
Old 03-23-06, 02:56 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yellowssm
Not here in vegas. I go to the drag strip often and there are tons and tons of acuras and hondas that go 12 and 13 sec 1/4 miles with no turbo. I am just saying why do people that drive hondas "ricers?" they all dont have lawn mower exhausts, stickers all over there cars, etc. An S2000 is a honda and a stock one is just as fast as a 350.
Actually my friend has a S2000 and we've raced several times. I beat him every time. And before you say he didn't know how to shift/drive, he does, he races semi-pro. Needless to say, he ordered a nitrous kit new exhaust and headers. He's going to turbo it soon...

I'm 23 too.....
Old 03-23-06, 06:50 PM
CodyLexus
Driver

I have the IS 250, not near as fast as a 350 but a great car nonetheless. Doing about 65 on the freeway and all 4 lanes are doing the same speed or slower. There's an IS300 in the far left lane. There's a break and I gun it. Guess who's on my butt., that's right, the IS 300. Then I speed up and the 300 is tailing me. I'm coming up to my cutoff so I slam the brakes and watch this jacka@@, nosedive and switch lanes. I don't know if they had something to prove or was just being stupid, but just goes to show that it doesn't matter if it's ricer Honda's or 1st Gen Lexus, you deal with all kinds of crap on the road.
Old 03-24-06, 12:51 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Damn Hondas. Wannabe racers always trying to get you riled up...
Hey, I still have Honda too

I have other IS350 drive next to me and stare at my car....
Old 03-24-06, 02:09 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CodyLexus
I have the IS 250, not near as fast as a 350 but a great car nonetheless. Doing about 65 on the freeway and all 4 lanes are doing the same speed or slower. There's an IS300 in the far left lane. There's a break and I gun it. Guess who's on my butt., that's right, the IS 300. Then I speed up and the 300 is tailing me. I'm coming up to my cutoff so I slam the brakes and watch this jacka@@, nosedive and switch lanes. I don't know if they had something to prove or was just being stupid, but just goes to show that it doesn't matter if it's ricer Honda's or 1st Gen Lexus, you deal with all kinds of crap on the road.
I guess i'm at fault for that too.... Whenever I see a first gen 300, i'll kind of mess with them too....