IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help needed in Texas!-edit-pictures from dealerships!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-06, 04:00 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taejin09
That last dealership is the dealership in or near ft worth. Last time I checked with the salesperson over there with the last name of Nguyen(in decemeber), he said that he will not take off any at MSRP.
I'm from arlington too. You might see me around cuz i'm around a lot
I'm going to try to call my saleman, he's vietnamese also, to see what he can do. Oh, here's a tip, try to negotiate on the last day of the month, close to the end of that day. You will get a good deal.
Old 03-22-06, 04:07 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Thanks alot tim!! Also, becasue of the new shop that we bought and are building right now, we might have to wait a few weeks. The fact of buying the IS is already decided upon. Thanks alot !!
Old 03-22-06, 04:24 PM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

I got my 350 from Wilde Lexus of Sarasota. Had to pay $650 in shipping but I still saved over 2k and got exactly what I wanted. ParkPlace Lexus refused to deal.
Old 03-22-06, 08:48 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

In response to your bluetooth question, I have a samsung D-600 (which is just a newer version of your phone), and the bluetooth pairing works fine. It just takes a little getting used to. Some functions may not work (for me, the signal indicator and the battery life doesn't show up on the nav screen...but it's not a big problem for me). Actually, does the battery life/signal indicator work for anyone?
Old 03-22-06, 09:47 PM
JamRWS6
Driver

Originally Posted by taejin09
That last dealership is the dealership in or near ft worth. Last time I checked with the salesperson over there with the last name of Nguyen(in decemeber), he said that he will not take off any at MSRP.

edit- my mistake that dealership is the one in grapevine. I did not look at the pictures to reference. Sorry! But yes I tried to deal with Brandon Chung and he was very nice but would not discount from MSRP.

If you are looking to get anything off of MSRP in Texas......tough luck right now. I don't see the dealers coming off of MSRP anytime soon either.

We bought ours from Sewell in Ft. Worth (looks like some of your pictures are from there). If you are looking for a great salesman I can help....but you'll still be paying MSRP in Texas. PM me if you need any help.

If you are looking for only 1000 off I personally think you are wasting your time. It will cost you right at that to buy it out of state and have the car brought here. Just my 2 cents.

This was the first car we've ever paid MSRP for that I can remember....I know it hurts. However, I think the car certainly is worth it.

Last edited by JamRWS6; 03-22-06 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-22-06, 10:18 PM
RAPEDAPE
Driver School Candidate

If you want to come to Cali...South Bay Lexus...I got almost $4K off MSRP on my 06 IS350 with Sport, Nav & ML.
Old 03-22-06, 11:44 PM
txguy977
Rookie

Talking

Yeah, I got mine back in December 15 at Sewell Ft Worth , I didn't get any discount but I do get free tint window and 3 years of free oil change

Last edited by txguy977; 03-23-06 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-23-06, 12:05 AM
azngtracer
Driver School Candidate

Good luck on getting a discount, you can find one but its gonna be a hard one. I work for a Toyota/Lexus dealership and even they won't give me a discount. And the last day of the month deal, right timing is the key. You have to catch them when they are one or two units away from hitting their numbers.
Old 03-23-06, 06:46 AM
mtnduc
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill Owens @ Kuni Lexus in Denver will get you a good deal.
Keep in mind Denver is about a 12hr drive from the Big D.
Old 03-23-06, 10:17 AM
wawawa
Rookie

Originally Posted by RAPEDAPE
If you want to come to Cali...South Bay Lexus...I got almost $4K off MSRP on my 06 IS350 with Sport, Nav & ML.
wow 4K off, that's a bargain

do you mind telling me who's your sales person?
Old 03-23-06, 10:28 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by wawawa

need to ask how long rapedapes financing was too and at what %. A dealer can knock off 4k but raise financing
Old 03-23-06, 10:33 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
You can definately do a little bit of bargaining with the IS. $2k off is not that uncommon now, but you may have to go with a car with unpopular options or colors, such as a manual tranny, the green color, or pricey options. Best thing to do is look around, ask different dealerships, and just tell the salesman how much you're willing to spend. They'll either bend or won't, but at least you get your demands understood.

Hey thanks for describing my car. You CANT find my car anywhere. I am getting a discount because I am waiting forever for it. If he wants the car NOW he just might have to pay.
Old 03-23-06, 11:09 AM
RAPEDAPE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wawawa

I worked with the Internet manager, Ed Martin.

Vehicle is leased, 3 yrs w/15K miles. Without going into details, believe me my financing is not out whack. I was born at night, but not last night.
Old 03-23-06, 11:36 AM
brewkp4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by duckduck
In response to your bluetooth question, I have a samsung D-600 (which is just a newer version of your phone), and the bluetooth pairing works fine. It just takes a little getting used to. Some functions may not work (for me, the signal indicator and the battery life doesn't show up on the nav screen...but it's not a big problem for me). Actually, does the battery life/signal indicator work for anyone?

My battery/signal strength works great. I do not have your phone however. I have the Razr.

Transfering my phone book didnt not work and I had to manually put all my numbers in. Only took like 20 numbers but still was pretty annoying
Old 03-23-06, 12:31 PM
syn1313
Rookie

you can try and get a fleet deal .. . i think thats why my dealership is taking sooo long to get mine. they are not making that much money off me so they are going to let me sit and wait... i'm giving them tiill next week to come up with something or i'm going to the fleet manager and that dealer ship will lose it's governentt program..

Quick Reply: Help needed in Texas!-edit-pictures from dealerships!