IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help needed in Texas!-edit-pictures from dealerships!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-06, 02:04 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed in Texas!-edit-pictures from dealerships!

Hello to all the members! I am new to this forum but have been reading the posts for a little over 4 months! I have been to the dealerships 3 times during the months of 11 - 12 last year but failed to persuade the dealers to take any price off of the MSRP. I am speaking for my father who is poor in English and we will both greatly appreciate your help. Please recommend us to a salesperson or a dealership that you were able to get atleast 1000 off of the MSRP price! Again, I will greatly appreciate your help. Thank you !

edit--these pictures are from my cell phone so I apologize for the poor quality

Last edited by taejin09; 03-22-06 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-22-06, 02:44 PM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been looking for 5 months to save a grand?
Old 03-22-06, 02:56 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

^
No, our plan to buy the car got delayed due to the fact that we built another shop which forced us to spend a good sum of our money. We didnt wait 4 months on purpose but we are wondering how lenient the dealers are at this point in time. $1000 might not seem like much to many people but when I hear people in other states getting about $2000 off of MSRP, I see a chance in a discount. Again, we are just trying to save money.
Old 03-22-06, 02:56 PM
IS350_F1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by taejin09
Hello to all the members! I am new to this forum but have been reading the posts for a little over 4 months! I have been to the dealerships 3 times during the months of 11 - 12 last year but failed to persuade the dealers to take any price off of the MSRP. I am speaking for my father who is poor in English and we will both greatly appreciate your help. Please recommend us to a salesperson or a dealership that you were able to get atleast 1000 off of the MSRP price! Again, I will greatly appreciate your help. Thank you !

edit--these pictures are from my cell phone so I apologize for the poor quality
Good luck on such an in demand item.
I am a few blocks down from that dealership if thats the one in Plano--- Not Grapevine. I got tired of being jerked around.. I picked my car up in Tulsa. 3 months on "the list" vs. 1 email, 3 phone conversations and 2 days... my 350 was on the ground being detailed. Worth the 350 miles to get it.
Old 03-22-06, 03:00 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

I would love to go down that far to pick up the car but I am worried about when we confront problems with the IS ( I know that it is uncommon but there is a chance). Are there any disadvantages of buying a car from a far away place besides convenience? Thanks for the replies!
Old 03-22-06, 03:15 PM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

you can get it serviced anywhere, regardless of where you bought it, so dont let that deter you.
Old 03-22-06, 03:20 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

That is great to know! Thank you for the info. If all fails, I will try to go the secondary route. If anyone living in Texas got any descent deals, please share the info!

[offtopic] Does anyone have the Samsung D500 ? It is an overseas phone with bluetooth and I was wondering if the phone is compatible with the NAV/bluetooth unit in the new IS.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 03-22-06, 03:26 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can definately do a little bit of bargaining with the IS. $2k off is not that uncommon now, but you may have to go with a car with unpopular options or colors, such as a manual tranny, the green color, or pricey options. Best thing to do is look around, ask different dealerships, and just tell the salesman how much you're willing to spend. They'll either bend or won't, but at least you get your demands understood.
Old 03-22-06, 03:32 PM
evotolexus
Driver

I tried in Texas as well and no luck. I've tried every dealer in Texas and nobody had the options I was looking for (Luxury, Nav, ML) nor were they willing to budge from MSRP. I'd guess that will change in the near future.

I've down to 2 dealers in Colorado with the car I've been looking for and offering a discount off MSRP. They will cover cost of shipping back to Texas.

Any Lexus dealer will perform the warranty work regardless of where you bought it from.
Old 03-22-06, 03:36 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
You can definately do a little bit of bargaining with the IS. $2k off is not that uncommon now, but you may have to go with a car with unpopular options or colors, such as a manual tranny, the green color, or pricey options. Best thing to do is look around, ask different dealerships, and just tell the salesman how much you're willing to spend. They'll either bend or won't, but at least you get your demands understood.

In december, I told the salesperson over the phone that if he could get a grand off at the moment, I will buy the car right at the point on that day. Sadly, he said he can't do that and gave the same "supply and demand" that the other salesperson gave me at the Plano dealership. Our choices were Black with Sterling and White with Black(both with NAV) at the point but now are decided on White/Black. I see that White/Black is a popular (as I saw from the polls in the forum) choice but in the Texas heat, black car would be a pain.
Old 03-22-06, 03:38 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

in texas they are still going for MSRP last time i checked, and they tack on the premium package on all allocations whether you like it or not
Old 03-22-06, 03:44 PM
tim817
Intermediate

I got mine for $500 off MSRP in december and a free $300 tint so I think i got $800 off. It should be a lot cheaper now.
Where in texas are you?
Old 03-22-06, 03:48 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tim817
I got mine for $500 off MSRP in december and a free $300 tint so I think i got $800 off. It should be a lot cheaper now.
Where in texas are you?
the last pic look like it was taken at my dealer. It's a great dealer by the way
Old 03-22-06, 03:48 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

I live in Arlington, Tx. It takes about 20 minutes for me to get to the grapevine dealership.
Old 03-22-06, 03:51 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

That last dealership is the dealership in or near ft worth. Last time I checked with the salesperson over there with the last name of Nguyen(in decemeber), he said that he will not take off any at MSRP.

edit- my mistake that dealership is the one in grapevine. I did not look at the pictures to reference. Sorry! But yes I tried to deal with Brandon Chung and he was very nice but would not discount from MSRP.

Last edited by taejin09; 03-22-06 at 03:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Help needed in Texas!-edit-pictures from dealerships!