IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Does it happen to you ?
Yes
51.76%
No
48.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Do people challenge you to race ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-06, 03:27 PM
puredreamz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just the other day I was coming home from a party at about 2:00am and about 3 blocks from my house an integra decides to pull up next to me at the stop light (I think it was green or some ricey color like that). He started to rev up his engine so I knew he wanted to race. Right when the light turned green we were off and I was pulling on him about 2+ cars when I decided to slow down because the next light just turned red and was coming up. Well when I slowed down this a**hole decides to keep racing me. When he passed me right before the stop light he turns on his damn warning signals like he won the race. That is what turning on your warning signals signifies right? Please let me know if thats what it means because it really ticked me off. Anyways, I was going to chase him so that I can totally smoke him but he turned left and i was going straight home. Oh well. Just wanted to vent.

-Marc
Old 03-27-06, 05:05 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by puredreamz
Just the other day I was coming home from a party at about 2:00am and about 3 blocks from my house an integra decides to pull up next to me at the stop light (I think it was green or some ricey color like that). He started to rev up his engine so I knew he wanted to race. Right when the light turned green we were off and I was pulling on him about 2+ cars when I decided to slow down because the next light just turned red and was coming up. Well when I slowed down this a**hole decides to keep racing me. When he passed me right before the stop light he turns on his damn warning signals like he won the race. That is what turning on your warning signals signifies right? Please let me know if thats what it means because it really ticked me off. Anyways, I was going to chase him so that I can totally smoke him but he turned left and i was going straight home. Oh well. Just wanted to vent.

-Marc
Next time, tap your brakes so he knew you were done.
Old 03-27-06, 05:29 PM
puredreamz
Rookie

Originally Posted by Foxberry
Next time, tap your brakes so he knew you were done.
Oh is that how you do it? Well I'll be sure to do that next time. Thanks!
Old 03-27-06, 08:29 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by puredreamz

-Marc
The only way that he can win is doing that =.="...but you know you r faster than him...so...the signals doesn't mean anything~.~...everyone can turn on the warning signal...
You didnt said how far you will race...so...the one faster in front slow down after pulling away than is the winner...if he think he won...then he maybe drunk...
And also...next time slow down more faster so the guy will know the race end...again...if he was drunk than he dont know what he is doing LOL
Old 03-27-06, 08:33 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by diablo1
This weekend I was driving around and I pulled up next to a Ferrari Enzo. I knew he wanted to race to prove that his car was better than mine. When the light turned green we both took off. We were pretty even up to about 100, and then I started pulling ahead. Man I bet that guy wishes he had a Lexus instead of a Ferrari.

Then I was driving past Newark airport and there was a plane on the runway that totally wanted to race me. I knew it would be no contest, but I thought I would play along. It was close at first, but then I started pulling ahead. I don't know who won because the plane took off shortly after.

But who cares, I know my IS350 is the fastest vehicle man has ever created.
I know IS350 is fast...I got one too...but...winning an Enzo...seems...impossible...maybe the Enzo didnt put full throttle?
I'm sorry that I dont realli believe Enzo will slower than IS350....if realli does...maybe...driver's problem...keep miss shifting -.-"...

Last edited by ybing; 03-27-06 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-27-06, 09:30 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ybing
I know IS350 is fast...I got one too...but...winning an Enzo...seems...impossible...maybe the Enzo didnt put full throttle?
I'm sorry that I dont realli believe Enzo will slower than IS350....if realli does...maybe...driver's problem...keep miss shifting -.-"...
Dude, he was making a joke....
Old 03-28-06, 01:43 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Payam
Dude, he was making a joke....
Not a funny joke ~.~"
Old 03-28-06, 06:15 AM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ybing
Not a funny joke ~.~"
That was an awesome joke!!!!!
Old 03-28-06, 06:31 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Haha, I knew it was only a matter of time before someone took that seriously...
Old 03-28-06, 10:46 AM
Amber
Driver School Candidate

I just got the Valentine One because I find myself driving wayyyyy too fast. LOL

I'm still getting used to the car's handling, coming from an Audi. This Lexus feels quite different. Hope to get it lowered this spring.
Old 03-28-06, 04:27 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wid IS350
That was an awesome joke!!!!!
I second that emotion.
Old 03-28-06, 05:50 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Maybe it's just my paranoia of ricer Hondas beside me at stoplights, but I sense that some people do want to race with me. I guess that's a good thing as people respect the type of power the IS has under the engine, but they should realize that I got the car for luxury, not racing. I still gun it anyways and blow them away...
PhilipMSPT: you are correct, its not paranoia. Damn 'coffee cans' buzzing around the charlotte area, rolling up beside me this past weekend coming home on I 77, to get a look. They rev, then drop a clutch in the hammer lane or a rod through the hood. One ol boy in a tiberon[sp] almost got flattened by a Freightliner, hanging out too long in the hammer lane beside my car for a couple miles. Idiots.

Some kind of mercedes/AMG product tailed me for about twenty miles, then rolled by me at a high rate of speed near statesville NC. So be ever vigilante smack them down when they come around.
Old 03-28-06, 06:12 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by diablo1
Haha, I knew it was only a matter of time before someone took that seriously...
I initially thought it was a joke until you got to the plane kill at Newark Airport..then I thought you were serious
Old 03-30-06, 12:46 PM
IS350_F1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Wid IS350
Dude - it's a 911. Don't look at HP ratings, German manufacturer's are notoriously ultra conservative with these. Not to mention - it's geared for fast driving on highway, Autobahn, etc.

I had a 911 Carerra, and my friend had a 2003 911 - there is no possible way the IS could keep up with no traffic.

In traffic makes more sense though, so it could be up to the drivers discretion. My opinion is that it's very dangerous. In traffic, you may smoke me in the M5 or SRT8.

General rule: If you have to make another non-competing driver hit their brakes, or you have to hit yours (if for anything other than a cop), then you shouldn't be playing in the first place!
As I said... two drivers same idea at the time... Wasn't looking for run... but thats the way it went down. If I remotely thought I could take a 911 straight away... I would not be in the 350... that'd be more of a seeing how much this car can really handle or where the performance is measured for me with its limits and such. The scenario was more /less a rolling scissor with cars throught traffic..... I passed him (85mph and climbing) has he was held up, he tucked in behind me.... went wide as we split traffic... I rejoined on his tail .... we split opposite traffic... wound up side by side... a salute... and nod... that was that... all in all from mid 80 through 125... backed down... 75mph... even litte run like I said.

Dangerous.. yeah... such as life. Why buy the car if not to test it out a bit?
Old 03-30-06, 02:14 PM
Neucorp
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Since I don't have my IS350 yet, I don't have any great stories in that car, but my current vehicle is a 2002 Toyota 4Runner with a TRD Supercharger. It puts out about 260hp. I've never had it to the dyno or track so I can't give any numbers, but I had people (mostly punks in hondas) wanting to race constantly. Most memorable was when we arrived at the next stoplight, the kid asked me what I had in there.

My wife, not one to care too much about performance, brought a smile to my face one day when she told me about some woman who tried to cut her off. The wife proceeded to floor it and yell out the window, "Not with the Supercharger BIT##!!"

Anyway, I look forward to posting my first IS350 race challenge story.

Quick Reply: Do people challenge you to race ?