IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

xm reception with parcel shelf install

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-06, 09:10 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default xm reception with parcel shelf install

saw mine in pre delivery mode on friday and scheduled to pick it up on wednesday. partially because I saw where the port had installed the xm antenna on the rear right deck. asked the foreman to have it moved to the customary next to brake light on parcel shelf position. for those who have also done this is there a hit on reception strength? I have the setup on my ls now with the vaistech mod and I dont drop sound or anything but the display lights up with a 'no signal' prompt a lot and I am wondering if its just the vaistech software buggin or is it a legit concern. the foreman told me he would do it but would not be responsible for reception issues and I will be charged to move it back to the trunk in the future if it doesnt work. I dont care about that but I want it to work.
Old 03-28-06, 04:41 AM
darrelld
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digital_b
saw mine in pre delivery mode on friday and scheduled to pick it up on wednesday. partially because I saw where the port had installed the xm antenna on the rear right deck. asked the foreman to have it moved to the customary next to brake light on parcel shelf position. for those who have also done this is there a hit on reception strength? I have the setup on my ls now with the vaistech mod and I dont drop sound or anything but the display lights up with a 'no signal' prompt a lot and I am wondering if its just the vaistech software buggin or is it a legit concern. the foreman told me he would do it but would not be responsible for reception issues and I will be charged to move it back to the trunk in the future if it doesnt work. I dont care about that but I want it to work.
I had the next to the brake light XM antenna but moved it this weekend. Suffered from dropped signals when going through low areas or heavy tree cover. I removed the high stop light from inside the car dropping the antenna through the hole mounting it on the metal shelf below and to the left of the high stop light. Driving through the previous drops areas now does not drop the signal. The new location looks much cleaner with the antenna out of sight.

Last edited by darrelld; 03-28-06 at 06:20 AM.
Old 03-28-06, 06:56 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digital_b
On VERY rare occasion I get a "No Signal" for about a sec or 2...but it is SO infrequent that it doesn't bother me at all. I'm not even sure if it's because of my antenna location, or if it would happen regardless. The antenna on the trunk would bother me big time. Overall, reception is great with the antenna on the rear shelf
Old 03-29-06, 01:23 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that sounds promising. thanks. I pick mine up at 2p est.