Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcreech
DO IT. DO IT. ill give you a dollar.

Old 03-31-06, 07:31 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ra1n
Hmmm I wonder what confusion I could conjure by switching the "2" with the "5"...
Pure, unadulterated brilliance! Do it and post pics!
Old 04-04-06, 11:39 AM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

Don't forget the "No Fear" or :Fear This!" stickers on your IS520!!!
Old 04-04-06, 12:42 PM
^saint
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait till they come out with the IS 450(wishing) and change it to IS420, might get some good laughs!
Old 04-04-06, 01:23 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i attempted to debadge my IS250 back in november. i removed the "I", clean up the glue off the trunk. moved on to the "S" and that's where i realized there was a hole behind the "S". i did not completely remove the "S" so i was able to re-attach the "S" without a problem.

so for a while, i was riding around in my "S250" until i found some double sided emblem tape.
Old 04-04-06, 02:05 PM
GSE25
Lead Lap

How big are the holes? Anyone know if any aftermarket "plugs" will fill in these holes? Not those bumper plugs but smaller plugs that will look flush with the trunk..
Old 04-04-06, 02:07 PM
Lem144
Intermediate

Originally Posted by acsan
Maybe it's just me, but it's just hard for me to understand why someone would debadge their new Lexus. C'mon now, after paying big bucks to own a Lexus, why do that? It's like buying a Ralph Lauren shirt and taking out the stitches on the polo player logo. In my opinion, at least a couple thousand dollars of the MSRP went to pay for those logos. Keep it on...you paid for it!
Personally I think having "Lexus" on the back is totally overkill. Just the L is fine. Mercedes does it. Honda does it. It looks better. Toyota should do it as well. I would like to take just the word Lexus off the back.
Old 04-04-06, 02:20 PM
GSE25
Lead Lap

I don't feel the need to advertise that it's a lexus.... plus it looks much cleaner without all these badges..
Old 04-04-06, 02:29 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this has descended into the realm of the utterly ridiculous.
Old 04-04-06, 08:26 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

i say it all depends on the badaging. i like the big L but i would like to remove the smaller logos
Old 04-04-06, 08:42 PM
SPEED&ECO.
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSE25
How big are the holes? Anyone know if any aftermarket "plugs" will fill in these holes? Not those bumper plugs but smaller plugs that will look flush with the trunk..
What i would like to know. If they are not too big then it should be fine.

Originally Posted by slowandlow
i say it all depends on the badaging. i like the big L but i would like to remove the smaller logos
my thoughts exactly

this has descended into the realm of the utterly ridiculous.
lol
Old 04-04-06, 09:34 PM
shox
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSE25
I don't feel the need to advertise that it's a lexus.... plus it looks much cleaner without all these badges..
If you're going to debadge, at least weld the holes and not plug them. IMO plugs are just really lame and cheapen the value of any car. Weld it, much worth it.

I'm thinking of debadging the Lexus in the back, no need for a L and a Lexus, if you don't know what the L is you don't need to obviously. And remove the L in the front which requires more than just debadge but a new grill. Maybe get a new grill then relocate the IS250 to the front grill on the bottom driver side.
Old 04-05-06, 06:13 AM
motoguci
Driver

Originally Posted by acsan
Maybe it's just me, but it's just hard for me to understand why someone would debadge their new Lexus. C'mon now, after paying big bucks to own a Lexus, why do that? It's like buying a Ralph Lauren shirt and taking out the stitches on the polo player logo. In my opinion, at least a couple thousand dollars of the MSRP went to pay for those logos. Keep it on...you paid for it!
IF your soo worried about the MSRP going down, you should have left your IS at the dealership... You already lost a couple of thousand dollars the day you bought your car. Might as well have fun with it.
Old 04-05-06, 07:58 AM
Solomoan
Pole Position

Default RE badging

I have the black pearl rear badges and clear front bra going on at the dealer tomorrow, so will take pics this weekend. Car is SGM IS 250 AWD. I believe this is the best compromise in minimizing the cluttered appearance of all of the chrome, without worrying about solving the issue of exposes post holes. Will know for sure tomorrow afternoon!
Old 04-05-06, 08:04 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Solomoan
I have the black pearl rear badges and clear front bra going on at the dealer tomorrow, so will take pics this weekend. Car is SGM IS 250 AWD. I believe this is the best compromise in minimizing the cluttered appearance of all of the chrome, without worrying about solving the issue of exposes post holes. Will know for sure tomorrow afternoon!
Does "Lexus" on the back have holes? Or just "ISx50"?

Quick Reply: Anyone de-badge yet?