IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Huper Optik Tint...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-06, 10:53 AM
yellowssm
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted Huper tint very badly, but the 20% they have is not here in the states yet so I went with the formula one pinnicle series ceramic tint. I got my car done yesterday 15% all the way around and 50% on the windshield. (yes the windsheild). I will post pics as soon as it dries. I dont know about the heat rejection on it yet as it has been raining here in vegas the last 2 days
Old 03-29-06, 11:54 AM
sbasinger
Rookie

Originally Posted by onihc
then it must be BMW
nope, IS350
Old 03-29-06, 12:23 PM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

I had HO on my 03 G35C (paid $400). I have 3M on my IS350 now. Can't say I have noticed a significant difference between the two (other than the price); although admittedly the summer is not here yet.
Old 03-29-06, 12:25 PM
dfw350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blkIS350
For $625 I hope they come to your house, tint your car, wash and wax it 5 times and then clean your house.
Does it include happy ending?
Old 03-29-06, 01:38 PM
buhda
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by imaputz
how much did it cost bhuda?? how many windows did you do?
Tinted 7 windows for $475. Rear was Suntek 20%, back windows were Huper 30% and front was huper 40%.
Old 04-05-06, 12:29 PM
zomg!11
Rookie

Originally Posted by DirtySouth
Ok, so.....several of you have mentioned you paid bucu bucks for this fabulous tint, but haven't said a word about whether or not it was worth it or whether you noticed a big difference in anything....

Sounds like a waist of money if you ask me, but thats just my 2 cents.
i just gone mine yesterday. i'll let the people on this board know if it's worth it after a week or so.
Old 04-05-06, 01:00 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im new to tint here. Can some one explain why this tint is better?
Old 04-05-06, 11:04 PM
rljones
Driver School Candidate

I put Huper Optik on my 350; this is the 3rd car in our family I've used it on and the cars are definitely cooler. My daughter's car is used and came with almost limo tint on the rear and rear sides; we added Huper Optik 40 to the front sides (since these had no tint) and these windows now block out way more heat than do the rears with their darker, metalized tint.

As for signals blocking you probably will not notice any difference since all tints are applied on the inside of the windows and the antennas are between this tint and the glass facing outwards. Where you might notice blocking is if you add a satellite antenna and place it inside the car on the rear shelf, then the tint will be between the antenna and the signal.

The other signal that can be affected (or so I've heard) is that from cell phones _if_ you tint the front windhield and all other windows with a metallized tint. If the front is left untinted, then cell reception should not be affected too much.
Old 04-05-06, 11:36 PM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

I just had Llumar 35% put on all windows except the windshield. It looks great and there is NO GPS or AM/FM radio interference. I was very concerned that there would be a problem, but luckily there isn't!

Old 04-05-06, 11:42 PM
a.k.aws.
Driver

i dont see the difference =[
Old 04-06-06, 08:35 AM
storm
Rookie

This isn't related specifically to the Huper, but how long should one have to wait after getting a tine for any bubbles to disappear? I was told it takes about a month, is this correct? I have a few minor imperfections in my tint (been 2.5 weeks) and wondering how long to wait before taking it back in?
Old 04-06-06, 10:34 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

for all people that were told, or believe, that ceramic tints are superior to metallic tints, do you have scientific proof? i ask because members on this board often base their decision to purchase performance parts on how well it did on the dyno. we always want the most for our money, therefore we purchase dyno-proven parts.

as for tints, i would like to see a scientific proof that metallic tints reduces radio, sat radio, and navigation reception. i don't believe tints reduce cell phone reception. i know that using a cell phone in a travelling metal object(car) and switching from one cell tower to another may reduce cell phone reception.
Old 04-06-06, 10:54 AM
darrelld
Driver

Originally Posted by onihc
for all people that were told, or believe, that ceramic tints are superior to metallic tints, do you have scientific proof? i ask because members on this board often base their decision to purchase performance parts on how well it did on the dyno. we always want the most for our money, therefore we purchase dyno-proven parts.

as for tints, i would like to see a scientific proof that metallic tints reduces radio, sat radio, and navigation reception. i don't believe tints reduce cell phone reception. i know that using a cell phone in a travelling metal object(car) and switching from one cell tower to another may reduce cell phone reception.
http://radioproshop.com/antennaconcepts.htm
Old 04-16-06, 10:24 PM
Unrl18
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, i have the same question as Storm. I just recently got Huper Optik tint on my IS350 and i noticed bubbles popping out. Anybody else with Huper notice this and did the bubbles ever go away?
Old 04-16-06, 11:48 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huper Optik tint is high quality indeed, but it's OVERRATED and really EXPENSIVE. Look at the %s of UV/transmissible light blockage and you will see that Huper Optik will usually have a 5% more blockage than the cheaper tints, which IMHO doesn't justify spending all that cash. Just make sure you get a good brand tint like 3M, Llumar or Diamond and you will be okay. All well-known window film manufacturers have several lines of film, just make sure you get one like 3M Color Stable, which will cost you a few extra $, but will not turn purple over time. One important thing though, is that ALL window films get lighter with time and exposure to the sun REGARDLESS... metallic-based film is much more resistant to this problem but is reported to interfere on occassion with the navigation systems of some vehicles. If you go to a professional tint shop they will be able to explain in better detail the pros and cons of the different types of film available.

Quick Reply: Huper Optik Tint...