IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Huper Optik Tint...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-06, 10:51 AM
zomg!11
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unrl18
Yeah, i have the same question as Storm. I just recently got Huper Optik tint on my IS350 and i noticed bubbles popping out. Anybody else with Huper notice this and did the bubbles ever go away?
i've had huper optik on all windows for 2 weeks now and at first there were a lot of water bubbles, but they have almost completely dried up. i think it takes longer because of the thickness of the tint, but it dries beautifully. be patient, it'll look great! i park in the sun a lot so i think my tint is drying fast, if you always park in the shade, it will take longer for it to dry.
Old 06-19-06, 05:13 PM
darrelld
Driver

Originally Posted by onihc
i highly doubt metallic tint will interfere with antenna reception. this is how shops market there more expensive product.
Local Lexus dealer started offering Ceramic tint as a recommendation due to metallic tint limiting the distance of the keyless FOB.
Old 06-19-06, 09:50 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by darrelld
Local Lexus dealer started offering Ceramic tint as a recommendation due to metallic tint limiting the distance of the keyless FOB.
haha. and what about the metal doors and trunk? metallic tint has no impact on the keyless entry. the receiver in the trunk is completely surrounded my metal.
Old 06-20-06, 04:20 PM
darrelld
Driver

Originally Posted by TimboIS
haha. and what about the metal doors and trunk? metallic tint has no impact on the keyless entry. the receiver in the trunk is completely surrounded my metal.
I know its been some time since I took electronics in college but how does an RF signal get though metal?
Old 06-20-06, 04:29 PM
jinetix
Pole Position

I have the Huper Optik tint.. and it doesn't have the best clarity. There is a weird texture to it. Try the new Madico ceramic tint and tell me how that goes.
Old 06-20-06, 04:33 PM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

I have Huper and I am pissed about the ghosting. The shop has redone the windows, without heating, and they are better but the rear still has it. They said that due to the shape of the rear window, they have to heat shrink it which will ghost. My shop came highly recommended and is the one PP Plano uses. (ProTint). They did offer to strip the back with Huper or replace it with LLumar if I drive out there a third time but I'm 45m away so I haven't messed with it.

The ghosting only shows up at a weird angle (e.g. I only see it when doing wash/seal ) and in direct sunlight.

That being said, with black leather in Texas the Huper tint makes a huge difference. With my heatshield up, the car is only warm inside on a 100+ day.

Jinetix: I find the clarity outstanding on the side windows, the back looks worse I suspect due to the rake and the honeycombed nature of ceramics.
Old 06-20-06, 04:39 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihc
i highly doubt metallic tint will interfere with antenna reception. this is how shops market there more expensive product.

Originally Posted by darrelld
exactly my point. when did dealers care about consumers. to them, it's all about $$$$$.
i have metallic tints all around. i listen to AM radio 90% of the time and the reception has been fine. this car pulls AM signal better than my CRV.

keyless entry has never been a problem either.
Old 06-20-06, 08:32 PM
minger1179
Driver School Candidate

Here is a pic of my car with the Huper on it... (40%)

Last edited by minger1179; 06-20-06 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-22-06, 08:52 PM
ahohnstein
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dabigman
I have Huper and I am pissed about the ghosting. The shop has redone the windows, without heating, and they are better but the rear still has it. They said that due to the shape of the rear window, they have to heat shrink it which will ghost.

The ghosting only shows up at a weird angle (e.g. I only see it when doing wash/seal ) and in direct sunlight.
No lie. I have HO also and the ghosting on the rear is horrible. I never said anything, however. If I had it to do over again I'd have gone w/ 3M or Llumar. But, you're right. On a 100 degree day w/ my headshield up I can get in my car at noon and have it cooled down comfortably in about 2 minutes. It definitely cuts down on the heat.
Old 10-07-06, 02:41 PM
Poman
Driver School Candidate

Default Huper tints update!

Need to bring up this topic again since there are so many new IS owners who are interested in tinting. It's been a while since this thread started, I wanted to know how's everyone doing with the Huper Optik tint so far? Does it look better than just installed? My friend recommended the Huper and I just got it done today (35%) and it looks terrible, good price though ($250). I know it needs time to cure but it's just look like crap with the bubbles and other imperfections. It does block the heat very well here in Florida. I summon all the 2IS owners with Huper tint to give some updated feedbacks please! Thanks!
Old 10-07-06, 03:38 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm very happy with my huper tint @ 40%. the install is pretty much perfect. don't notice any bubbles or imperfections. no ghosting either maybe cuz i'm at a lighter 40% tint. overall i'm extremely satisfied with it. sometimes i wish i woulda went slightly darker but after thinking about it i rather not risk it with the cops. thinking of doing the windshield @ 70% or so next...
Old 10-08-06, 07:58 AM
ahohnstein
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my Huper for about a year now. I'm still ticked about all the ghosting. Otherwise I really like the heat reflection properties that it provides. It looks good and has good clarity. However, if I had it to do over again I'd probably go w/ Llumar or 3M so as not to get all the ghosting.
Old 10-08-06, 10:23 AM
minger1179
Driver School Candidate

PERFECT!.. .love it.