IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus of Portland strike 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-06, 06:39 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus of Portland strike 2

People probably don’t remember but when I bought my IS350 a month+ ago I ordered the clear bra setup for $600. I asked the finance person if this included all pieces including the bumper and she said yes. When I received it, it had no bumper piece and they told me that they did not install that piece. I waited a few weeks, got my survey and slammed the finance person (but gave the dealer a 4 out of 5 basically. Gave my sales rep 5's cause he was ok.

So my sales rep calls me up and offers me the front bumper piece for free. I also had to bring it in for the 30 day checkup thingy.

So we scheduled it a week ago for today. I arrive to the service dept this morning and this is how it went down. Note: this dealership is an extra 1 hour drive through rush hour traffic, I had to wake up 1 1/2 hours early for this.

I pulled up into the garage and kind of stand around for 5 minutes while I’m ignored by almost everyone so I walk around. Finally the probably lowest paid guy in the shop asks me if he can help me and I say sure... He asks for my name.. its not on his list. So we move to a service guy. He asks me why I'm there. I told him the details and he says he has no info and start looking visibly angry. I tell him about my sales persons info and he even looks more angry. I basically at this point have waited 15 to 30 minutes. He calls sales and they tell him my sales rep wont be in until noon. At that point I pull out my work PDA and show him the email from my sales rep with the long correspondence about me showing up for this stuff today. He tells me that they can do the 30 day checkup but he would have to talk with my sales guy when he came in at noon. He also told me that their stone guard guy would have to custom create a front bumper piece and I said bull ****, those things are out there pre manufactured and I didn’t want a hack job. He then tells me there were no check out cars and that he would have to call Enterprise. I look at my clock, I’ve been there over half an hour and its after 8am so I tell him that this was crap and that this was bust and that I was leaving so I jumped in my car and stomped out....

What would you do?
Old 03-28-06, 06:44 PM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call Lexus customer care.
Old 03-28-06, 06:46 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

I would've had to get to work myself at that point as well, so I would've left. I would've called my salesperson at 12:01 and given them an earful! Did you get a hold of your salesperson and get an explanation?
Old 03-28-06, 07:00 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Hell yeah you did the right thing ! Call your sales guy and tell him. Hate that you already filled out the survey. Haven't gotten mine yet. Don't remember that a 30 day check up was mentioned either at purchase.
Dude, the 'hack job' & bull ****, statements are classics !

You know the finance guy who we signed our papers with had the personality of a 'brick'.

Print off the Lexus mission statement and show it to them. Its on Lexus website. you didn't buy a cavalier.!

That drive to the dealer was killer eh? My dealer is convenient also, 167 miles away.
Keep us posted as to your progress.
Old 03-28-06, 10:09 PM
LNXLEX
Driver School Candidate

Who was your sales guy?
Old 03-28-06, 10:15 PM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

I live down in Eugene and the few times that I contacted that dealer while shopping for my IS I was very unimpressed. I bought mine locally and they've been fantastic!

If I were you I would have gone straight to the general manager and let him have it in a firm but polite way. Sometimes you just have to skip the peons and get down to business.
Old 03-29-06, 09:36 AM
ahohnstein
Pole Position

What would I have done? I would have asked to have one of the service guys drive me to work in a shuttle. If that didn't fly I would have asked to talk w/ the service manager and asked for the same thing. Sometimes the custom cut bras work out better than the pre-cut jobs. As long as the guy knows what he's doing they can do a great job.

I feel for you. It's frustrating when people don't communicate (your sales guy to the svc dept). Have them have the StoneX guy come out to your workplace and install it there instead of you having to bring your car in to the dealer. Express your displeasure directly ot the service manager. Explain the series of events. My guess is he'll offer you a free service or so. Unfortunately, based on your post, it sounds as if you "stomped" out of there and lost a bit of credibility. Not throwing stones; I do it more often than not b/c I can't control my temper w/ these things. Of course.... it's always easier offering advice from the backseat . Home it works out for you.
Old 03-29-06, 09:40 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience. I've had nothing but the best experience there with my RX330. That's the major reason I'm planning on getting rid of my G35 and going with the IS. If you want terrible service, try Beaverton Infiniti. It's night and day.
Old 03-29-06, 08:54 PM
LexBlazer
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I bought my IS250 at Lexus of Portland and have had pretty good service. I like that they gave me a $30 gift certificate to the store when I got mine in December. Hopefully you got one too. Only complaint is the long service wait. I brought in my car for a free car wash and it took about an hour. They tell you it's only going to be a few more minutes an it turns out to be 15 minutes.
Old 03-30-06, 01:02 PM
SilverBolt
Driver

We also bought from Lexus PDX. Had the car for more than 2 months, never have received a survey and no nothing about 30 day check ups? Hmmm.
Old 03-30-06, 02:05 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Originally Posted by SilverBolt
We also bought from Lexus PDX. Had the car for more than 2 months, never have received a survey and no nothing about 30 day check ups? Hmmm.

It had to do a lot with that sheet they hand out with customizations to that cars settings (maybe nav only). After a month they have you set the setting that you want and then they make the changes.