IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Seat Ventilators

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-06, 09:01 AM
iainthim
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine work great, however, i can only feel the air coming from the front part of the seat and from the top half of the rear. Same on both seats so i guess its normal.
Old 03-30-06, 07:39 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Wid IS350
I like the seat ventilators, they work great - but if I had a flatulence problem anytime prior in the week - it revisits when they are on! Several people have complained about the smell when they are turned on, they thought it was just bad leather!
Now THAT sounds like a personal problem!
Old 03-30-06, 08:05 PM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcreech
I love the nut coolers. They are amazing. They make the black interior much more tolerable.
Maybe Lexus will start using customer testimonials like this in their ads. Good for a few more sales and a few more laughs.
Old 03-30-06, 08:30 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

I can feel the cool air coming from them but it's very minimal. I was some what disappointed with how minimal the cool air was. The heat function was too minimal for my taste too. I sat in a Volvo once and the heated seats were really, really warm and toasty. Much toastier than the IS.

So to answer your question, it's prob normal that you don't feel the cool air that much.
Old 03-30-06, 10:45 PM
pwndzzled
Rookie

I feel it in the bottom of the seat, but not the back??? And, mine take FOREVER to warm up in heat mode. I don't think they're working right. And if they are, they suck. :P
Old 04-04-06, 09:07 AM
Vmdc
Driver School Candidate

OK. So on my trip to Vegas I started messing around with the seat coolers again. You have to have your vents on FLOOR or PANEL/FLOOR with the AC on to really feel the cool air. And it does get cold... talk about shrinkage!

Glad I didn't take it into the dealer.
Old 04-04-06, 09:16 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
I can feel the cool air coming from them but it's very minimal. I was some what disappointed with how minimal the cool air was. The heat function was too minimal for my taste too. I sat in a Volvo once and the heated seats were really, really warm and toasty. Much toastier than the IS.

So to answer your question, it's prob normal that you don't feel the cool air that much.
I agree totally. The seat warmers in my Audi were like a heating pad when you cranked them up to the higher settings. The ones in the Lexus are pretty subtle by comparison.

The seat ventilators are even worse. Maybe they are effective if you like to motor in the buff, but wearing jeans and a flannel shirt I couldn't feel a thing.
Old 04-04-06, 09:25 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

I've had a chance to try the seat coolers w/the AC on like everyone's been mentioning and it was a major improvement w/the AC on! It was definitely A LOT cooler than w/o the AC on. The heated seats; however, are still not as toasty as some other cars I've been in. Oh well...at least we have cooled seats!
Old 04-04-06, 10:04 AM
inecstaz
Pole Position

I dont have any problems with the heaters/coolers. However everyone keeps talking about using the coolers with the A/C on. You guys turn off the A/C? I always have my 'climate' control set to 'AUTO'... so basically A/C is always on. Don't think I can have it any other way, theres too much smog out here!! hahah.
Old 04-04-06, 10:35 AM
charlesmsn
Driver

i was reading the manual and remember that it said something about the fan having to be on a higher setting to experience more ventilation.

I figure, if I'm going to have the fans on full blast, i won't NEED the seat vents.

does anyone know if the seats have their own independent fans or if it's just forced by the main heating/cooling system?
Old 04-04-06, 02:15 PM
C280to250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vmdc
OK. So on my trip to Vegas I started messing around with the seat coolers again. You have to have your vents on FLOOR or PANEL/FLOOR with the AC on to really feel the cool air. And it does get cold... talk about shrinkage!

Glad I didn't take it into the dealer.

Interesting i tested it without the AC button on and just turn the **** to cold settings and it was blowing cold air. will definately put you nutz into cryogenic
Old 04-04-06, 02:30 PM
Vmdc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blk202
Interesting i tested it without the AC button on and just turn the **** to cold settings and it was blowing cold air. will definately put you nutz into cryogenic
Well.... there went my thoery. Off to the dealer I go. I want to have it fixed before it hits 100 out here! I'm not too concerned about the heated seats... I want the sac coolers
Old 04-05-06, 12:33 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if i have my work out pant then i can feel the cooler on good. if i wear my jean then i can't feel it that much..
Old 04-05-06, 09:04 AM
inecstaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by shaolin
if i have my work out pant then i can feel the cooler on good. if i wear my jean then i can't feel it that much..
really? I feel them through my jeans. Maybe they changed something. I just picked up my IS250 last week. And the 'coolers' are pretty strong.
Old 04-05-06, 09:28 AM
charlesmsn
Driver

I feel like mine are weak (not functioning properly?) too.
When I'm wearing khaki's I can't tell it's on even on high fan and level 3 on the dial.

I wish there was some way of measuring psi from the perforations. lol.