Another New Member with a 350!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-06, 05:46 PM
Fire Chief
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another New Member with a 350!

New Member with a New IS 350

We are VERY lucky as we went from not knowing anything about the car to receiving one in only three weeks! My wife decided it was the one for her, but had to have red, loaded. Spread out some deposits in California and good ‘ol Longo with their huge share of the allocation came through! We know some have been waiting four months…

In the recent western states allocation, there were only six red with cashmere and premium allocated to the 50+ western dealers, so we are really lucky. Longo had one set of the G spiders in stock to boot!

LOVE the car so far, the first drive was 400 miles to drive it home to northern California. I have a 2004 S60R Volvo, which I have tracked. As good as the “R” is, the Lexus is in a league of its own. Quick, responsive, quieter, with more technology. Smaller cabin than the Volvo.

The Levinson sound system with a DVD audio disk is really OUTSTANDING.

Thanks to the information from this board, it helped to firm up some purchase decisions!

Here is a link to some pictures:

http://web.mac.com/stugary
Old 03-31-06, 06:06 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

nice pics and congrats.....did you get a good deal on it?
Old 03-31-06, 06:10 PM
ChrisM910
Driver

congrats, dont you just love how the red looks in the sun, im always getting compliments on it, i love the car, but why did you go with cashmere in the inside why not black?
Old 03-31-06, 06:18 PM
Fire Chief
Driver School Candidate

Default Price and Interior

In California right now the 350 withpremium is white hot. Red is also a very hard to get color. Best deal is a 1,000 under sticker, but those dealers can't get the car. Longo was at sticker and internal cost on the wheels. She wanted the car sooner and for 500-1,000 off did not care to wait months.

This is wife's car, she liked the look of the cashmere and I do my own detailing, so she knew it would stay clean My car is grey with dark blue leather, so this also gives us something different...

When it stops raining I am going to clay it and use Zaino with Pinnacle Souveran as a topper as an experiment with the red.
Old 03-31-06, 08:10 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Very nice, Fire Chief! Now you have to red-out those tail lights!

P.S. Are you really a Fire Chief?
Old 03-31-06, 09:07 PM
meta1
Driver School Candidate

You go girl!!!!
Old 03-31-06, 09:09 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fire Chief
New Member with a New IS 350

We are VERY lucky as we went from not knowing anything about the car to receiving one in only three weeks! My wife decided it was the one for her, but had to have red, loaded. Spread out some deposits in California and good ‘ol Longo with their huge share of the allocation came through! We know some have been waiting four months…

In the recent western states allocation, there were only six red with cashmere and premium allocated to the 50+ western dealers, so we are really lucky. Longo had one set of the G spiders in stock to boot!

LOVE the car so far, the first drive was 400 miles to drive it home to northern California. I have a 2004 S60R Volvo, which I have tracked. As good as the “R” is, the Lexus is in a league of its own. Quick, responsive, quieter, with more technology. Smaller cabin than the Volvo.

The Levinson sound system with a DVD audio disk is really OUTSTANDING.

Thanks to the information from this board, it helped to firm up some purchase decisions!

Here is a link to some pictures:

http://web.mac.com/stugary
I too have a 2004 Volvo S60R. Love the 6 speed, power and AWD but I'm getting excited as I'm a month away from taking delivery of my 350 black/cashmere.

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.
Old 03-31-06, 09:35 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire Chief
In California right now the 350 withpremium is white hot. Red is also a very hard to get color. Best deal is a 1,000 under sticker, but those dealers can't get the car. Longo was at sticker and internal cost on the wheels. She wanted the car sooner and for 500-1,000 off did not care to wait months.
Longo offered 1,000 off msrp some time ago. And even tho they are local to me i ened up getting one for even less then what they wanted at thousand oaks. Every dealer said i wouldnt find one cuz there is only a few allocated to the whole western region but i called everyone back and laughed at them.
I got a Smokey 350 with black interior ML, navi and Luxury package. Dont believe what they tell you. They all will claim you got the best deal and your lucky you even got one. I wish i would have been able to buy mine form longo cuz they are closer. But without a good price and wanting to help me find the car i called all the dealers around and asked them to call me if they had what i wanted on thier new allocation list and i found one.
Old 03-31-06, 09:48 PM
Fire Chief
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Foxberry
Very nice, Fire Chief! Now you have to red-out those tail lights!

P.S. Are you really a Fire Chief?
Yes, I am...
Old 03-31-06, 09:52 PM
Fire Chief
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by integlikew
Longo offered 1,000 off msrp some time ago. And even tho they are local to me i ened up getting one for even less then what they wanted at thousand oaks. Every dealer said i wouldnt find one cuz there is only a few allocated to the whole western region but i called everyone back and laughed at them.
I got a Smokey 350 with black interior ML, navi and Luxury package. Dont believe what they tell you. They all will claim you got the best deal and your lucky you even got one. I wish i would have been able to buy mine form longo cuz they are closer. But without a good price and wanting to help me find the car i called all the dealers around and asked them to call me if they had what i wanted on thier new allocation list and i found one.
I saw the allociation at several dealers, it was all the same. Right now, the demand is higher, and not many loaded reds are being shipped. Could we have waited and saved 500-1,000, yes. But Longo had the car, and since no one else did (we even scoured trades in the western US) we took the Longo deal, since there was no way to get this car for an over invoice deal....
Old 04-01-06, 04:37 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 123 Likes on 96 Posts

Congratulations on the fine looking car.

Those even look like chrome G Spiders.

The red on cashmere is elegant.

Regarding your other car, does your Volvo have the funky orange carpets?
Old 04-01-06, 06:07 PM
Fire Chief
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Congratulations on the fine looking car.

Those even look like chrome G Spiders.

The red on cashmere is elegant.

Regarding your other car, does your Volvo have the funky orange carpets?
Yes, the wheels are chrome, the first we had seen. At another dealer where we did the test drive, their G Spiders were a more flat finish.

NO on the Volvo. I do not have the natural color leather interior, I have the blue/black leather!
Old 04-02-06, 08:01 AM
RaysIS350
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just saw a Matador Red at Lexus of Roseville in Nor.Cal yesterday. It looked VERY NICE! It was sold, but still sitting on the lot.

Congrats on your beautiful car!

Originally Posted by SportyStar
Congrats, Fire Chief! I also live in Nor Cal, but got mine from Longo because they were the only dealer who had the Crystal White I wanted. I'll keep my eyes out for a Matador Red ... haven't seen a single one up here where I live.
Old 04-02-06, 10:06 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sweet Ride!

Enjoy,

TripleL
Old 04-02-06, 10:09 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

Nice car and rims man.