IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Nav Hack ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-06, 11:50 AM
silver250
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUOTE=kensteele]Again. I answer the question with "No you cannot" and then I suggested that he used the Search button...all in the same post. I was being civil. The size of the button is not my fault, it's the same size as the actual image, I didn't enlarge it.

What's not being civil is he was obviously being lazy because he wanted me to do the research for him and then post the answer to the question. That's what he said, he says he doesn't want to use the search function; he would rather everyone else just answer his questions for him with little to no effort on his part. The least you can do is take a few minutes to look for the answer yourself, if it doesn't come up with one or two search answers in 4 or 5 minutes, then feel free to ask. He's not new to the Internet, I'm sure. If he is scared away by someone asking him to search or read the FAQ, I'm sorry he shouldn't be scared and new members are always welcome. When your on a newgroup forum you shouldn't assume anyone is attacking you, your skin has to be a little thicker, like mine, and you calling me an *** and immature because I suggested that someone search for a more indepth answer to their question even after providing them with an answer. [/QUOTE]

i didnt directly mean to call you specifically an *** or an immature person, my bad if you got offended but there are some people on here that are just an ***.........some people on here are just post *****s trying to build their status.........but overall you didnt have to put search if you didnt want to, you could of just ignored it like some people who already knows the answer to his question.
Old 04-03-06, 03:38 PM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the problem with most boards is that users dont search. the same questions get asked over and over again. Every week its the same.

For the people that are here are on any sort of a regular basis, it gets old.

If noone ever tries to teach these newbies any forum manners they will continue to make this mistake over and over again and the cycle continues.

So for all the newbies or just plain lazy asses,

SEARCH
before you ask a question.
Old 04-03-06, 05:15 PM
casey225
Pole Position

I don't have a problem with someone asking an honest question, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he may be new to ng's, etc. However, when someone tells you a topic has been discussed, you should perform a search. But to respond by saying you don't want to waste your time searching and want someone else to do it for you, well, let's just say I don't buy into that spoiled brat mentality . Not a good first impression, anyway.
Old 04-03-06, 05:56 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as usual too many people would rather shoot first then COMPREHEND what is typed. I posted reply 11 because the original thread starter gave attitude to kermee. kermee is a helpful person and his reply was just. the thread starter acted like an ***. if someone isnt going to take a suggestion thats one thing. to respond with attitude is quite another. more important than anything else its to SLOW DOWN AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU HAVE READ before you come back with what YOU think is a witty riposte.
Old 04-26-07, 09:56 AM
iexpress
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kensteele
Again. I answer the question with "No you cannot" and then I suggested that he used the Search button...all in the same post. I was being civil. The size of the button is not my fault, it's the same size as the actual image, I didn't enlarge it.

What's not being civil is he was obviously being lazy because he wanted me to do the research for him and then post the answer to the question. That's what he said, he says he doesn't want to use the search function; he would rather everyone else just answer his questions for him with little to no effort on his part. The least you can do is take a few minutes to look for the answer yourself, if it doesn't come up with one or two search answers in 4 or 5 minutes, then feel free to ask. He's not new to the Internet, I'm sure. If he is scared away by someone asking him to search or read the FAQ, I'm sorry he shouldn't be scared and new members are always welcome. When your on a newgroup forum you shouldn't assume anyone is attacking you, your skin has to be a little thicker, like mine, and you calling me an *** and immature because I suggested that someone search for a more indepth answer to their question even after providing them with an answer.

Ya i was a noob back then. I apologize if i was an "***". My apologizes goes to all CL Members. ;-)
Old 04-26-07, 10:06 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Kensteele know's which exact thread we have had a discussion about playing DVD's on a non-ML screen.

I know becuase i was a part of it.

No in-dash DVD? Add an external changer utilizing Nav TV or the Reverse Camera Hack.

Key words to search: "Nav TV", "NavTV" and "Rear Hack"

Goodluck
Old 04-26-07, 10:29 AM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Keep it civil people. Keep it civil...
no kidding . . .
Old 04-26-07, 12:50 PM
TheLexSter
Rookie

Originally Posted by istundra

Key words to search: "Nav TV", "NavTV" and "Rear Hack"

Goodluck
Key words... exactly! In defence of all newbies, I'm sure we all know that search functions on forum boards... they generally bring up many if not hundreds of useless posts that can grow old.
personally I would have never thought of the key words of nav tv & rear hack....
The folks that have been there done that have a better knowledge of the needed keywords to find that info! just my $.02 worth
Old 04-26-07, 12:54 PM
RU514
Lead Lap

i love drama
Old 04-26-07, 01:04 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

God guys.... can we please get back to the topic... I was kinda interested...
Old 04-26-07, 01:05 PM
iobidder
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kensteele
ouch!
Old 04-26-07, 01:45 PM
j|michael
Driver

reaccuring topics are what keep forums alive. imagine if each topic was only discussed once. over time the forum would devolve to 1 or 2 posts a day at most. who wants to visit a dead forum? i see reaccuring topics on a daily basis, and by the the most avid posters.
Old 04-26-07, 03:54 PM
iexpress
Pole Position

Originally Posted by j|michael
reaccuring topics are what keep forums alive. imagine if each topic was only discussed once. over time the forum would devolve to 1 or 2 posts a day at most. who wants to visit a dead forum? i see reaccuring topics on a daily basis, and by the the most avid posters.
Yup u are right. But i made this thread a long time ago. Now i have learned about the forum and i use the search throughly before i state a question.