IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

daylight savings

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-06 | 06:43 PM
hashs99
Driver

Default daylight savings

did I search, however still have a few questions.

I just adjusted the "normal" clock manually, but don't know how to change the navi clock. I noticed that it was in the wrong time zone, so I corrected that and turned on the day light savings function. However, where is there an acutal clock??? My calendar shows the right date, but when I go into the "override" screen and select "set time" the date and time are wrong.

I didn't want to screw anything up so I didn't adjust the clock in the override menu. So the only clock we have to adjust is the one on the dash???
Old 04-02-06 | 08:25 PM
jcreech
Pole Position

if you go into the nav settings* there is a time
I believe mine is on a totally random day and time. You dont need to change it

*hold info+click lights on and off 3 times (I recommend you do not do this)
Old 04-03-06 | 06:56 AM
Pete C
Driver School Candidate

The nav clock is used when estimating your time of arrival. (If you don't know, you can have it display how many hours/minutes are left until you reach your destination or you can have it show your ETA) Otherwise, you won't see a clock. When going to the clock settings through the menu jcreech mentioned, you should note the date and time shown are GMT, not your time zone. The nav will adjust the GMT time automatically based on the time zone and daylight savings settings you enter by pressing the menu button (setup).
Old 04-03-06 | 09:29 AM
Kermee
Advanced

AFAIK, the NAV "clock" is pulled off the GPS satellites. You just need to set the correct TZ and DST setting. Pete C is correct also. That screen is showing the raw GMT time from the GPS satellites.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 04-03-06 | 10:21 AM
Pete C
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the clarification, Kermee. I think you are correct. Viewing the time via the service menu (in GMT) is useful, however, if you want to sync your clock with the nav clock so the ETA provided is more accurate.
Old 04-03-06 | 10:32 AM
Kermee
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pete C
Thanks for the clarification, Kermee. I think you are correct. Viewing the time via the service menu (in GMT) is useful, however, if you want to sync your clock with the nav clock so the ETA provided is more accurate.
Exactly!

Or you can unsync it and play a practical joke, but April 1st just passed

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 04-03-06 | 10:53 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Pete C
Wonder why Lexus doesn't automatically sync the dash clock to the navi source?
Old 04-03-06 | 11:12 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bichon
Wonder why Lexus doesn't automatically sync the dash clock to the navi source?
That would be cool! While they are at it, they could make the digital clock a little classier... It's by far the cheapest looking component in the dash... Possibly in the whole car.
Old 04-03-06 | 01:57 PM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

I was surprised that the clock isn't automatically synced with the nav time. In my RX330, there are no H/M/:00 buttons, it's all done automatically. I just toggle the DST.
Old 04-07-06 | 07:54 PM
SkyIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by diablo1
That would be cool! While they are at it, they could make the digital clock a little classier... It's by far the cheapest looking component in the dash... Possibly in the whole car.
Totally agree!!! I did ask if they can take it off or black it out or something, when I test drove the car. haha
Old 04-07-06 | 10:11 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Probably doesn't sync to the GPS/NAV clock because some people like to set their clocks a little fast or a little slow and it would of been too much trouble for them to make it an either/or option.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 04-08-06 | 01:36 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

as far as I am concerned that clock should be on every screen if you have the nav and it should automatically sync too.
Old 04-08-06 | 08:38 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by Kermee
Probably doesn't sync to the GPS/NAV clock because some people like to set their clocks a little fast or a little slow and it would of been too much trouble for them to make it an either/or option.
I seriously doubt that is the reason. That's too funny. I think people would much rather have the CORRECT time! Lexus just cheaped out on the clock.
Old 04-08-06 | 12:41 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TimboIS
I seriously doubt that is the reason. That's too funny. I think people would much rather have the CORRECT time! Lexus just cheaped out on the clock.
Agreed. You can't set your cell phone to the wrong time. Nor your digital cable box.
Old 04-09-06 | 05:24 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Yeah. I just threw that reason out there. I'm sure Lexus just cheaped out on the clock. I was just thinking it would be funny for all the friends I know who like to set their car clocks 5-10 minutes fast if they couldn't set the clock in their car and it was tied to the satellites.

Looks like DST starts earlier next year too in March thanks to the new laws.

Cheers,
Kermee

Quick Reply: daylight savings