IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Who is or will be the primary driver for your IS?
Male Driver with 350
63.69%
Female Driver with 350
8.38%
Male Driver with 250
23.46%
Female Driver with 250
4.47%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Ratio of males to females driving the IS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-06, 01:28 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SportyStar
Thanks, that's a good idea about taking lessons. With skiing, I did it the hard way and never took lessons ... so I'm sure I've developed bad habits which I may never overcome ... although I can ski the black diamonds, somehow I always still feel like a novice. I've seen how nice the ski patrols ski, and wish I could at least ski like them one day. Or maybe I should just switch to snowboarding and see what happens.

Well, I don't remember ever getting higher than a "B" in college physics , so I can't explain either why skis are faster than boards other than obviously it's got something to do with surface area, edge control, and weight distribution

Happy boarding! Oh, just to get back "on" topic of the IS (or Lexus, anyway), what do you think of the "pass-thru"? Do you use it when you go skiing? Or do you drive an SUV? I don't use my IS for skiing (got an SUV), although I have used the pass-thru for a mop once. The GS comes with a pass-thru too, right?
Perhaps if I put on ten layers of wax I could outrun any skier. And yes, the GS has a narrow pass-thru for skis, but no way can it accomodate my snowboard. I just stick it in the backseat.
Old 04-05-06, 05:18 PM
jasoncd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, just spotted a girl in a black 250 around the Far West area. Speak up if you're here! nice ride
Old 04-05-06, 09:44 PM
Jhoo
Rookie

Originally Posted by SGT
Perhaps if I put on ten layers of wax I could outrun any skier. And yes, the GS has a narrow pass-thru for skis, but no way can it accomodate my snowboard. I just stick it in the backseat.
Not to burst your bubble but the world record is still held on Skis somewhere in the mid 150mph area. Scott Hamilton out of Aspen held the record for many years. Sorry growing up in the mtns and being on skis for more the 25 years and snowboarding for 15 years I guess Im into the sport. Nice Vapor, Im running a new Baron ES, you want speed get on one of these and feel it rail with no chatter. Heres to us in Cali with a long spring ahead. With all the dumps we have had recently will be skiing/riding till June!

Ok sorry to fall off topic, thank goodness for the SUV to take us to our off pavement playgrounds!
Old 04-05-06, 10:23 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the compliments on my pics, ladies and gents! I've been at work and school all day so I didn't get a chance to check out this thread til now. I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.

This thread should be retitled "the most random, off topic thread ever!" haha

Now I'm off to packing for NY. Have fun while I'm away gals and guys!
Old 04-06-06, 06:27 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jhoo
Not to burst your bubble but the world record is still held on Skis somewhere in the mid 150mph area. Scott Hamilton out of Aspen held the record for many years. Sorry growing up in the mtns and being on skis for more the 25 years and snowboarding for 15 years I guess Im into the sport. Nice Vapor, Im running a new Baron ES, you want speed get on one of these and feel it rail with no chatter. Heres to us in Cali with a long spring ahead. With all the dumps we have had recently will be skiing/riding till June!

Ok sorry to fall off topic, thank goodness for the SUV to take us to our off pavement playgrounds!
Any idea what the world record is for snowboards? I want to try out the Lib Tech Magnetraction to see if it really "turns ice into powder." I've heard good things about it and if what they say is true, it would really help out on the icy east coast mountains.
Old 04-06-06, 08:04 AM
Jhoo
Rookie

Originally Posted by SGT
Any idea what the world record is for snowboards? I want to try out the Lib Tech Magnetraction to see if it really "turns ice into powder." I've heard good things about it and if what they say is true, it would really help out on the icy east coast mountains.
Last I knew the record on a snowboard was 125mph. These guys get together every spring in France to try and break it. About the lib tech, I havent ridden it but if your issues is the east coast ice I would set your edge with a 2degree bevel. You will be able to rail on anything just keep it tuned and you will be amazed. The "ice" and corn snow are notorious for eating your edges to a useless dull in a day of riding. The tortional stiffness on the Vapor and a sharp edge is all youll need. If you have tuning questions for your board feel free to PM me. I only wish my car tuning skills could compete with my ski/board skills, is it sad that my skis/boards get more attention with wax and tune then my car?
Old 04-07-06, 12:07 AM
SportyStar
Driver

[QUOTE=Jhoo]Not to burst your bubble but the world record is still held on Skis somewhere in the mid 150mph area. /QUOTE]

150mph on skis? Wow! I've never even driven my CAR that fast! Thanks for sharing the interesting factoids.
Old 04-07-06, 09:08 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Since this is a thread about nothing and everything, I just thought I would share that i'm going sky diving in the morning. Wish me luck!!
Old 04-09-06, 12:46 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

Hey Payam,

Good luck....let us know if you survive Are you going to Zephyrhills area to jump? They have a nice setup there.
Old 04-09-06, 01:03 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by is4me2
Hey Payam,

Good luck....let us know if you survive Are you going to Zephyrhills area to jump? They have a nice setup there.
Yeah, I went to Sky Dive City in Zephyrhills. I am going to get my diving license so I went to the first 6 hour class and when we were done they said it was too windy to jump!!! And actually it was, there were like 20-25mph winds..... So I'll go back next weekend and hopefully get a couple jumps in.
Old 04-10-06, 07:02 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,287 Likes on 1,393 Posts

Folks if you'd like to continue the sky diving, skiing, snowboarding threads... please start one in the ClubHouse linked below

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the-clubhouse-20/