IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Who is or will be the primary driver for your IS?
Male Driver with 350
63.69%
Female Driver with 350
8.38%
Male Driver with 250
23.46%
Female Driver with 250
4.47%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Ratio of males to females driving the IS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-06, 11:57 PM
S L I C K
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
So where are the other 9 ladies?
Maybe their husbands or boyfriends clicked the response choice for them?
Old 04-05-06, 12:00 AM
SportyStar
Driver

Let's get back to topic, shall we? No more talks about purses, shoes, guns, etc.
I second that motion. Or else the moderators might move this entire thread to The Clubhouse forum.

I see from the poll that there're about 14 women IS drivers total but only 5 or so have posted in this thread revealing themselves...So where are the other 9 ladies?
Yah, where are they? Hmm...

Ah, I was just about to ask Sexi_Lexi which part of CA you're from ... I see you added to your profile "Sunny So Cal", so I guess that answers my question. No wonder I haven't seen any other CW ISs up here (I'm in rainy Nor Cal). Just when I thought ski season was over ... now we got PLENTY of fresh powder again! Oops, sorry to get off-topic.
Old 04-05-06, 12:04 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SportyStar
I
Ah, I was just about to ask Sexi_Lexi which part of CA you're from ... I see you added to your profile "Sunny So Cal", so I guess that answers my question. No wonder I haven't seen any other CW ISs up here (I'm in rainy Nor Cal). Just when I thought ski season was over ... now we got PLENTY of fresh powder again! Oops, sorry to get off-topic.
OMG I'm so jealous of you! I'm a fan of snowboarding and have been dying to go to Tahoe again but haven't found time to make my way up there. It's actually raining down here in sunny so cal but we're clearing out in a couple of days...
Old 04-05-06, 12:11 AM
SCSpeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by S54toIS350
OMG.

I think my nutts just fell off.

Time to bring some testosterone back to this thread!

Here is my purse ladies!

My beloved Sako TRG 42 .338 Lapua

And yes, it cost a little more than your Louis Batton Purses
I like your Sako a lot, especially when it shoots a sniper round that flies up to 1500 meters. But for practicality, I prefer a .308 and a .50. And I can recognize immediately that you went to Los Angeles Ranges...
Old 04-05-06, 12:12 AM
S L I C K
Lead Lap

How come none of the ladies posted pics of their cars?
Old 04-05-06, 12:13 AM
SportyStar
Driver

OMG I'm so jealous of you! I'm a fan of snowboarding and have been dying to go to Tahoe again but haven't found time to make my way up there. It's actually raining down here in sunny so cal but we're clearing out in a couple of days...
Actually, it's been so busy at work, I've only been able to hit the slopes just ONCE this season, believe it or not. Boarding fan, eh? I've been a skier all my life, yet never tried boarding. What do you think of it, is it more difficult than skiing, or about the same? I heard there's one major ski resort down in the So Cal area ... Big Bear, is it? Or do you head up to Mammoth? Tahoe's definitely the best -- gotta love that breathtaking lake view!
Old 04-05-06, 12:19 AM
S54toIS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SCSpeed
I like your Sako a lot, especially when it shoots a sniper round that flies up to 1500 meters. But for practicality, I prefer a .308 and a .50. And I can recognize immediately that you went to Los Angeles Ranges...
This 338 doesn't weigh all that much more than my .308

Heres my .308.

Old 04-05-06, 12:22 AM
AznJason
Lead Lap

all you women intimidate me... not only do you have the car, but the money to still get fancy louis vuitton bags and whatever... albeit I'm probably one of the youngest people paying for my own car (21... graduated over a year ago and have been working since), I still have a long way to go...

What do you people all do for a living? I'd like to be able to pay for my car and still have lots to spend...
Old 04-05-06, 12:29 AM
S L I C K
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AznJason
all you women intimidate me... not only do you have the car, but the money to still get fancy louis vuitton bags and whatever... albeit I'm probably one of the youngest people paying for my own car (21... graduated over a year ago and have been working since), I still have a long way to go...

What do you people all do for a living? I'd like to be able to pay for my car and still have lots to spend...
I get all my money from my parents, but I might have to get a job after I graduate in a month. Notice how I said might. I don't have a 2006 IS, but I do have a 2001 IS 300 and a 2005 TL A-Spec and I'll be getting a 2007 GS 350 AWD whenever it comes out. I can't wait!
Old 04-05-06, 12:30 AM
S54toIS350
Lexus Champion

Financial Consultant - loans and investments.

Heres a tip, your car payment should not exceed 8% of your gross monthly income. Some stray to say 5% but I like to indulge and say 8%

For guys we have our nice Rolexes, for girls they have their duffle bag to carry their goodies
Old 04-05-06, 12:40 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha I think no matter how hard any of us tries...we can't seem to stay on topic! So to add to the off-topicness:

Originally Posted by S L I C K
How come none of the ladies posted pics of their

Ask and you shall receive. I'll post a few of my car. The rest are in my gallery...

The driver herself :

Originally Posted by SportyStar
Actually, it's been so busy at work, I've only been able to hit the slopes just ONCE this season, believe it or not. Boarding fan, eh? I've been a skier all my life, yet never tried boarding. What do you think of it, is it more difficult than skiing, or about the same? I heard there's one major ski resort down in the So Cal area ... Big Bear, is it? Or do you head up to Mammoth? Tahoe's definitely the best -- gotta love that breathtaking lake view!

I was lucky enough to be able to hit the slopes twice this year. Once at Tahoe (Squaw Valley) and once at Big Bear. I haven't been to Mammoth yet but definitely want to go! I've heard that once you ski and try snowboarding, it's harder vs. the other way around. I haven't tried skiing yet so I can't tell you whether it's harder or not. But you should try snowboarding sometimes Sporty...it's really fun!

all you women intimidate me... not only do you have the
car, but the money to still get fancy louis vuitton bags and whatever... albeit I'm probably one of the youngest people paying for my own car (21... graduated over a year ago and have been working since), I still have a long way to go...

I'm a civil servant by day and something else by night and that's how I can afford this car. LOL j/k.
Old 04-05-06, 01:21 AM
SportyStar
Driver

I was lucky enough to be able to hit the slopes twice this year. Once at Tahoe (Squaw Valley) and once at Big Bear. I haven't been to Mammoth yet but definitely want to go! I've heard that once you ski and try snowboarding, it's harder vs. the other way around. I haven't tried skiing yet so I can't tell you whether it's harder or not. But you should try snowboarding sometimes Sporty...it's really fun!
Wow, FANTASTIC pics, Sexi! Just watch, the number of thread views are gonna skyrocket!! I guess I've been so busy driving the car, haven't had the chance to take any pictures (well, no "decent" ones anyway ). But I *do* have a nice scenic shot of snow-capped mountains and myself. Let me see if I can resize it to post. I'll definitely have to try snowboarding one of these days! Sounds like fun!
Attached Thumbnails Ratio of males to females driving the IS?-skier.jpg  

Last edited by SportyStar; 04-05-06 at 01:33 AM.
Old 04-05-06, 03:39 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's the Chanel Boston bag and it's only $500 - $600 if I'm not mistaken. That's pretty cheap and that bag is pretty common around here. You should go for Chanel Classic.
lol..no thats actually the ligne cambon ..and it wasnt $600..it was $1400
Old 04-05-06, 03:43 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i pretty much run everything at my job..i'm in direct mailing..and my boyfriend sells diablo stuff on ebay and his website

i've actually done a few more things to my car since this pic was taken (blue fog overlays, basslink, lexus center caps) i'll take new pics when i get my digi cam back
Attached Thumbnails Ratio of males to females driving the IS?-dsc00495.jpg  

Last edited by CaThaFeR; 04-05-06 at 03:48 AM.
Old 04-05-06, 05:34 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

Originally Posted by S54toIS350
Financial Consultant - loans and investments.

Heres a tip, your car payment should not exceed 8% of your gross monthly income. Some stray to say 5% but I like to indulge and say 8%

For guys we have our nice Rolexes, for girls they have their duffle bag to carry their goodies

WHEW. Mine will be coming in at JUST that. =) 8.05%

Quick Reply: Ratio of males to females driving the IS?