IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Blue tooth problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-06, 05:15 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Blue tooth problem

I have a samsung A920 and i didnt have the following problem. When i first drove the car home the phone was like 2 days old and the car didnt have any numbers stored in it. Now around 1 week later while im driving in my car the navigation will ring and show caller ID (navi hack) and then drop the call and say network terminated or something along those lines. So i called that person back (which is a number thats a friend and is stored in both my phone and the IS) and he said he didnt call. Well now it will do this like every 10 min while im driveing. And its always the same friend. Hes even been in the car while it happens. My grilfriend has the same problem when her phone is connected. Different number for her but its also someone in her phone book. It seems like its getting worse. One time it did it like 3 times in a row like 2 min apart. The sterio goes off the car rings once and show the caller ID then says network termanited and hangs up. Anyone have this problem?
The phones a flip phone and no buttons are being pushed on my phone. And its not anyone calling me. I tried erasing all messages and last incomeing and out going calls in both my phone and the car and same thing. Its always my same friend i call alot that it shows up.
Old 04-04-06, 05:23 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I don't have this problem and haven't done the Nav Hack. Maybe some people who've done the Nav Hack can chime in and let you know if they've been experiencing this, then you'll know its a Nav Hack problem. Wouldn't think its a phone problem if its happening with more than one phone. Are the phones on the same cell service?
Old 04-04-06, 05:46 PM
antics22
Driver School Candidate

Its not the car, its the Samsung phone's firmware... The A900 "blade" phone has the same problem where its a "phantom ring" the phone rings and you cant pick it up or hang up and its totally random. Rumor has it that its a compatibility problem with SPRINT's EVDO network and the phone itself when you enter/exit the EVDO zones....

Check www.sprintusers.com for more information on this.. I didn't think the A920 had this problem, but based on your symptoms, it sounds EXACTLY what the a900 users were experiencing.... Good luck with everything and let me know how it works out.

Last edited by antics22; 04-04-06 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-04-06, 06:42 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

I have a Moto i870 with Nextel and I've also done the nav hack. It's not so much anymore but when I first turn on the car, the nav would switch to a call screen and the timer would count but there wouldn't be a number there..... I would just have to hit "hang-up" and it wouldn't do it until the car was turned off and then on again, but it didn't do it very often. It actually hasn't done it in about a month..... before today.... I know it's not associated with the nav hack because it did it before I even did the hack.
Old 04-04-06, 08:45 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

I dont think its a car problem. Or a navi hack problem. Removeing the speed signal isnt going to change this. But but me and my girl have Spring service and the same phone bought on the same day. So since they are the same phone model and service (sprint) i wouldnt rule out a phone or service problem. And im thinking mostly its one of those 2. Is there any fix to this problem?
Old 04-04-06, 08:47 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Ohh i have also updated my filmware the same day i got the phones. And i just double checked now there is no newer updated at this time.