IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Some Pics finally!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-06, 09:25 PM
IS-250
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not mean to sound harsh but i think it was a big waste of money. It is a luxury car and not a civic. If I were you, I would spend the extra 4k and get the ML package and the rims... I think chrome on any sedan with the exception of omething like a Chrysler 300 makes the car look like an immetation luxury car. Agagin i would spend the money for the rims on something... i don't even know but something else. Again, I really do not mean to sound like a A**hole but it is just my opinion. There are two Lexus GS' on my street (the previous generation) and one is "pimped" out with chrome and tinted windows and stuff and the other one is pretty much stock and looks much more luxurious.
Old 04-10-06, 01:21 AM
krookid
Driver

I do have the ML system, what are you exactly talking about? I shouldn't upgrade my car because it cheapens it up? Chrome is a preference, to each his own, but to say it makes it look imitation luxury explain why Bently's and the likes come with stock chrome? A chrysler 300 is an imitation luxury sedan yet you say it should have chrome? You also say I should have spent the 4k on ML and the rims, do you mean the stock 18's? I am really having trouble deciphering your post, it contradicts itself. Also you say "if I were you", well if you were me you would have gotten a 350, and then you would have done exactly what I did. Why is there always someone on these forums who has no real opionion (" spend the 4k on somethin not sure what"), who has to be the , oh I am not even going to waste my time.

Last edited by krookid; 04-10-06 at 02:37 AM.
Old 04-13-06, 12:12 AM
krookid
Driver

Just a little update of the 95% finished project, the paint on the engine cover and TV enclosur is color shifting it really looks good in person the pics just don't do it justice. The speakers on the trunk lid and the screen only come on when the trunk is open ( for some tail gate parties) also there is a override switch incase I dont want it to come on at all. I also got a switch installed that allows me to turn off the center (stock navi) screen while allowing the other screens to remain on, just incase I get pulled over LOL
Old 04-13-06, 12:18 AM
Corey140
Intermediate

Originally Posted by IS-250
I do not mean to sound harsh but i think it was a big waste of money. It is a luxury car and not a civic. If I were you, I would spend the extra 4k and get the ML package and the rims... I think chrome on any sedan with the exception of omething like a Chrysler 300 makes the car look like an immetation luxury car. Agagin i would spend the money for the rims on something... i don't even know but something else. Again, I really do not mean to sound like a A**hole but it is just my opinion. There are two Lexus GS' on my street (the previous generation) and one is "pimped" out with chrome and tinted windows and stuff and the other one is pretty much stock and looks much more luxurious.
Or he could loan you a few K to take a couple English & Grammar classes.....
Old 04-13-06, 12:26 AM
krookid
Driver

That's funny
Old 04-13-06, 01:24 AM
IS-250
Rookie

Originally Posted by Corey140
Or he could loan you a few K to take a couple English & Grammar classes.....
See this is what i mean. Nobody on these forums can take any opinions which they do not like; but that is why it is called an opinion. I am not saying that there is something wrong with chrome rims, my co-worker's Bentley GT has a set of them, but they are factory ones that do no make the car look like it is about to show up at a Civic Club meet in the middle of a mall's parking lot at 11 PM. And my problem is not with the rims along, it is the whole job in general which makes the car look like one of those supped up Integra's I always see. And like you said yourself, to each his own, which is why i am voicing my opinion and unlike you intelligent individuals am not getting all pissy about other people's opinions. As for the Grammar lessons comment, i do not think i really need them seeing as how I have an honors degree in economics and an iMBA from a top-ten business school but hey, maybe you can borrow a few thousand and attend Devry or something else similar to your level.
Old 04-13-06, 01:49 AM
krookid
Driver

I don't care what you think of my car and I am sure you could care less what I think of yours or you in general. Also telling someone about your education, online for that matter, and even feeling the need to dis-close that info makes me wonder. I have a theory and it has to do with a small ***** but that is for some other time. Thank you for your opinion i appriciate it. That's funny you said that the conti gt doesn't look like its about to show up for a meet in a parking lot, because I took my dad's to a local import meet last night, consisting of mainly Honda based products. Wanna know the first thing most civic owners there said? I like those rims, I wonder if they would fit my civic?

Last edited by krookid; 04-13-06 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-17-06, 05:39 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by krookid
I would have to agree with you there, those wheels were not my first choice either, but I really wanted to get a wheel that would still allow me to use the pressure monitor sensors so I would't have to "ghetto rig" them into some other type of tire, since I was doing this system. I am not done with the system either, there is a x-box 360 going in witht he internals re-located to the bottom shelf in the glove box but the system will still appear to be mounted in the trunk(opposite side of sub in another custom fabbed enclosure) then the installer is putting the wireless controller "eyes" behind the front vents and some in the trunk and in the back seat area so I can have 4 different people playng at once all on different screens. Also tomorrow the compu star paging alarm/starter is going in ( we are not sure if the starter part will work yet) and it is getting tinted (limo on the back 5 windows) and no tint for the front as it is illegal here in Saskatchewan and the police have nothing better to do that to ****** with you. I think the black interior will give the illusion that there is tint on the front ( I hope anayways).
what happened to the first set of pics in your first post?
Old 04-17-06, 10:45 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to see pictures. Could you upload it onto the ClubLexus Gallery section?