IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My 350 has supposedly arrived at the LA Port!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-06, 07:26 PM
phish2112
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...end of March I meant is when they gave me the loaner.

And I'd like to suggest to all those out there waiting patiently for what seems forever, inquire about getting a loaner from the dealer until your IS comes in. I never asked for one, they just kept telling me they'd give me one so I took them up on it.

I didn't get a loaner IS, I got an RX, but the dealer said they had some IS's. I even saw an IS250 on the road with numbers on the trunk like a rental car. When I asked the dealer about it they said yeah that was one of theirs they give to people.

So try it if you'd like, you may be able to drive around a free IS until yours comes in without paying for it....it worked for me.
Old 04-15-06, 03:28 AM
Turkoman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by phish2112
...end of March I meant is when they gave me the loaner.

And I'd like to suggest to all those out there waiting patiently for what seems forever, inquire about getting a loaner from the dealer until your IS comes in. I never asked for one, they just kept telling me they'd give me one so I took them up on it.

I didn't get a loaner IS, I got an RX, but the dealer said they had some IS's. I even saw an IS250 on the road with numbers on the trunk like a rental car. When I asked the dealer about it they said yeah that was one of theirs they give to people.

So try it if you'd like, you may be able to drive around a free IS until yours comes in without paying for it....it worked for me.
Phish,
The ones with numbers on them are the loaners assigned to service. My understanding is they can't give those out unless they are servicing your car due to insurance reasons. They can give out a used one on the lot or a dealer demo for long-term use.
Old 04-15-06, 07:41 AM
blkIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by Turkoman
Phish,
The ones with numbers on them are the loaners assigned to service. My understanding is they can't give those out unless they are servicing your car due to insurance reasons. They can give out a used one on the lot or a dealer demo for long-term use.

I am pretty sure they can give out their loaner cars to whoever they want as long as the person they let use them has a valid license and insurance because they own the cars.
Old 04-15-06, 09:44 AM
phish2112
Driver

yes the loaners are specifically for the people having their cars serviced. I was just saying I bet it you asked they'd give you one for a while. They aren't trying to sell the ones with the numbers on the back, so they may be quicker to give those up than other CPO on the lot.
Old 04-15-06, 01:39 PM
Turkoman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blkIS350
I am pretty sure they can give out their loaner cars to whoever they want as long as the person they let use them has a valid license and insurance because they own the cars.
Why? Have you been able to get them to loan you a car when you don't have one in for service? Try it and let me know. I have been taking cars to them for 8 years. If you know otherwise, I need to have serious talk with them.

Maybe it varies from dealer to dealer. I know that both our dealers in Pittsburgh can not give them to anyone who does not have a Lexus in for service. It is an insurance issue. They also can not give them out for body work or for the first service, which is free, hence not covered by their insurance. In fact, if you give them a non-Lexus car for service (and, yes, you can do that), they can't give you a loaner. Not covered by their policy.

Let me know if you can get a loaner car to drive without having your car in service. Then I can go tell my dealers to talk to their insurance companies.
Old 04-15-06, 03:36 PM
blkIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by Turkoman
Why? Have you been able to get them to loan you a car when you don't have one in for service? Try it and let me know. I have been taking cars to them for 8 years. If you know otherwise, I need to have serious talk with them.

Maybe it varies from dealer to dealer. I know that both our dealers in Pittsburgh can not give them to anyone who does not have a Lexus in for service. It is an insurance issue. They also can not give them out for body work or for the first service, which is free, hence not covered by their insurance. In fact, if you give them a non-Lexus car for service (and, yes, you can do that), they can't give you a loaner. Not covered by their policy.

Let me know if you can get a loaner car to drive without having your car in service. Then I can go tell my dealers to talk to their insurance companies.
What I was saying was I am pretty sure they can give one out to anyone that is buying a car from them if they want to because they own the loaners. My salesperson told me originally when I ordered my car that if my lease on my current vehicle was up a month or so before my vehicle was up that they would be willing to give me a Lexus loaner to drive until the vehicle I ordered arrived.

Also, I received a loaner Lexus RX330 when I brought my wife's RX330 in a few weeks ago for its first 5,000 mile service.
Old 04-15-06, 07:02 PM
phish2112
Driver

i agree blk
Old 04-16-06, 05:39 AM
Turkoman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blkIS350
What I was saying was I am pretty sure they can give one out to anyone that is buying a car from them if they want to because they own the loaners. My salesperson told me originally when I ordered my car that if my lease on my current vehicle was up a month or so before my vehicle was up that they would be willing to give me a Lexus loaner to drive until the vehicle I ordered arrived.

Also, I received a loaner Lexus RX330 when I brought my wife's RX330 in a few weeks ago for its first 5,000 mile service.
My impression is yes, you get a loaner if your wife's car is in. If your lease is up, they can let you use one of the used cars on thier lot but not a service dept. loaner, which are only insured for the drivers of cars who have their Lexus in for service. If they give it to you for any other reason and you total it, their insurance doesn't cover it. At that point it becomes the good will of the dealer. That is why they can't loan out cars for the 5000 mile because it is a free service and again their policy doesn't cover it.
Old 04-19-06, 06:59 PM
FastGirl
Driver School Candidate

Just an update about my delivery from the dealer for others if they are waiting for their cars.

My car was part of the dealer allocation for April. Salesman told me that it would arrive mid April and it hit the LA port on 4/11. He estimates arrival in Austin somewhere from 4/20 - 4/26. We will see if those estimates hold up but so far everything he has said has worked out just fine.

Seems to me that those who have been waiting forever for delivery from the port seem to be getting a smokescreen story.

I will update when I get the car to show final arrival details.
Old 04-19-06, 07:22 PM
blkIS350
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by FastGirl
Just an update about my delivery from the dealer for others if they are waiting for their cars.

My car was part of the dealer allocation for April. Salesman told me that it would arrive mid April and it hit the LA port on 4/11. He estimates arrival in Austin somewhere from 4/20 - 4/26. We will see if those estimates hold up but so far everything he has said has worked out just fine.

Seems to me that those who have been waiting forever for delivery from the port seem to be getting a smokescreen story.

Mine hit LA port on 3/31/06 and is still not here yet. My dealer originally told me 4-15 to 4-18 and now that was recently changed to 4/18 - 4/24. We shall see. I am going out of town for two days and am hoping to have a nice surprise waiting for me when I return
Old 04-19-06, 07:22 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FastGirl

The dealer has no control over delivery at this point. Once it hits the rails they lose contract with its location. But they should be alerted when it arrives at the unloading facility. They can then tell you how long it will take to go over the road to the dealership. Good luck.
Old 04-19-06, 07:30 PM
FastGirl
Driver School Candidate

BlkIS340 - that is truly torture having to wait longer than the date you were given

I do know the rail system is running slow and way behind due to not enough capacity to handle new demand since fuel began to rise.
Old 04-20-06, 04:12 AM
phish2112
Driver

my port date was 4/13 and it arrived at the dealer 4/19. 6 days and I'm in Pittsburgh. Not sure what port though.

Can't pick my car up until 4/21 though because the salesman is off until then....I'm dying. They better not use it for test driving
Old 04-20-06, 07:15 AM
FastGirl
Driver School Candidate

Wow - that is fast! I would assume the port would be west coast but that is strickly a big assumption. I think they import Toyotas into Houston so that would kill that theory of west coast only.
Old 04-20-06, 08:47 AM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by phish2112
my port date was 4/13 and it arrived at the dealer 4/19. 6 days and I'm in Pittsburgh. Not sure what port though.

Can't pick my car up until 4/21 though because the salesman is off until then....I'm dying. They better not use it for test driving
The port for the northeast is in New Jersey. Mine made it from NJ to MA in about 2 or 3 days.

Quick Reply: My 350 has supposedly arrived at the LA Port!!