Finally, my baby's here

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-06, 11:26 PM
chubbymike
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally, my baby's here

Hi everyone,
I've been reading posts of this forum for about half a year now and everyday I dream/drool/lust for an IS 350. .. and I can finally say that I am a proud owner of an IS 350 Tungsten Pearl/ Black, navi+ML, sports pkg, rear spoiler!!!.
My first choice of color was glacier frost mica/black, but was told that they're not making any right now. so either wait or be flexible on the colors. So I had a choice b/w white and tungsten pearl. I did not like the Tungsten pearl when I first saw this car back in november 2005...but i think this color grew on me and i'm beginning to like it. I had a white car for the past 10 years, so I think it's time for a change. But the only thing is that they make many many tungsten pearls, so it's not a "special" color
My impressions so far is that the car is awesome! quiet and refined! But I spent a good hour on trying to input the names/phone numbers on to the car b/c I have verizon, and i guess from previous posts, verizon wouldn't allow it. (am i right?) anyways, I was also geeky enough to read through the manual and the navi's cd rom for the past 2 nights...but it wasn't too bad.
anyways, the car i've been driving for the past 10 years is a 95 M3...so it's a change for me. as for daily driving, i don't mind giving up stick shift...especially in traffic. but the handling is still not as crisp, tight as the BMW. The BMW rides lower. However, the nice interior, navi+ML made up for it. I seriously wouldn't mind giving up a little bit of handling for luxury and technology. I am still babying the car...not going to "drive it like I stole it"...just taking it easy. so even though i've explored the power of this car during test drives, I been very gentle. Also don't want to drive it too much right now since the weather is horrible in CA right now. After reading the posts of paints chipping easily, I made an appointment to have Clear bra put on... most likely going to go with Premier. we'll see how it goes.

anyways, it's been raining cats and dogs here! and unfortuantely, i took the delivery of the car in the rain!! and since it's the first night she's going to be in my garage, I am too tired and lazy to post pictures... but trust me, she's beautiful...just like all the other ones

For those of you still waiting, hang in there....or just be like me, give in and give up some of the options and buy one
Old 04-13-06, 12:39 AM
duckduck
Pole Position

congrats =) welcome!
Old 04-13-06, 10:50 AM
zomg!11
Rookie

Originally Posted by chubbymike
Hi everyone,
I've been reading posts of this forum for about half a year now and everyday I dream/drool/lust for an IS 350. .. and I can finally say that I am a proud owner of an IS 350 Tungsten Pearl/ Black, navi+ML, sports pkg, rear spoiler!!!.
My first choice of color was glacier frost mica/black, but was told that they're not making any right now.
Congrats on your new car!

What do you mean they are not making glacier frost mica anymore? Is there a particular reason?
Old 04-13-06, 11:08 AM
nois3504me
Rookie

He said thier not making it right now. What i think the dealer meant was there isnt any in the current allocations. Im no dealer so take my word with a grain of salt . if you want GFM special order it, but expect to wait 4 months

oh BTW Mike, grats on your new car! I've had mine since ending of november and i still love getting in the car to go to work. with the ML on who cares about traffic