IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

To those who had B PILLAR problem. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-06, 05:07 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry To those who had B PILLAR problem. Please help.

To those who had B-Pillar problems (rattling on driver side seatbelt), did the dealer tell you where exactly the problem was? I have had the problem since day 1 (Oct '05) and I managed to get it in the dealer twice but they still could not find the problem. The technician drove it and said that he could not hear it. So, today I went back and gave the technician a ride but he could not hear it from the backseat. He drove it back and said he could hear it once but it was faint that he could not pinpoint the location of the problem.
They gave me 2 options, to let them open the b pillar up and try to fix it (they might not get it fixed but it creates a bigger problem) or wait and see if the sound gets worse (I dont think it will). I was wondering if anyone is able to pinpoint (for example a part number inside it) the problem. Please let me know, it is getting quite annoying.

Thanks for any help!
Old 04-14-06, 05:35 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same here but i'm waiting for my first 5k service to have that checked as will. I also have other issues too like rattling noise rite where the passenger front airbags at. one more to add to this post the steering wheel has alittle noise also when the brake paddle used to stop.
Old 04-14-06, 05:50 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The rattling from inside the B-pillar is due to improper torque on a screw holding the seatbelt assembly. It's a known QA issue at the IS plant in Japan. I have my paperwork somewhere and can scan in exactly what they did if you need it.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 04-14-06, 09:15 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Kermee
The rattling from inside the B-pillar is due to improper torque on a screw holding the seatbelt assembly. It's a known QA issue at the IS plant in Japan. I have my paperwork somewhere and can scan in exactly what they did if you need it.

Cheers,
Kermee
Could you please scan that paper if you have free time, that would be a great help.
Thanks
Old 04-14-06, 10:27 PM
Dj Rando
Pole Position

anyone get a rattle noise when the sunroof cover is open and the sunroof is not? I get some annoying noises coming from there, so I end up closing the cover? any suggestions
Old 04-14-06, 10:46 PM
iainthim
Driver School Candidate

DJRANDO....my sunroof squeaks like crazy when closed. The dealer's fix....we adjusted the glass and re-greased it. Ya right, it still squeaks. They got most of the grease all over the top of my car, maybe thats why.

Anyhow, it's the rubber weather stripping rubbing against the metal at the rear of the sunroof (in my case). I either pop the back or close the shade.
Old 04-15-06, 01:47 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

did anyone else haave the same problem?
Old 05-13-06, 02:32 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Ahh, this thing is annoying me now, does anyone have the printout from the dealer?
Old 05-13-06, 07:18 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

I have this same issue as well but mine is on the passenger side. I also have a annoying squeek and a once in a while deep rattle from my passenger side dash board and door. I too took it to the dealer recently
and once I got there all the rattles/squeeks ceased mysteriously. Therefore nothing was fixed since I could not reproduce the noise. I also would like to have info on a permanent fix for this problem. Its really annoying especially when the music is off.
Old 05-13-06, 08:31 AM
sajonf
Driver

I had this annoying rattle coming from the drivers side seatbelt assembly also. it went away after I had the seatbelt recall performed. I guess they tightened the bolt down with the correct torque this time. I'm sure glad its gone.
Old 05-13-06, 05:18 PM
cdeslandes
Pole Position

I had the same B-pillar rattle and got it fixed yesterday as part of my 5k maintenance.
The printout reads: "Left front seatbelt rattles in hole - Englarged hole"

Sounds like the seat belt was rattling inside the pillar where passing through some hole? Anyway, the rattle is gone!

The guys didn't seem surprised when I mentioned it. He didn't say anything, but looked like he'd heard of that one before. From this thread, it appears to be a relatively common problem.

I'm going back for the seatbelt recall soon - they had to order the parts- and will ask him to comment.

I'm also getting a roof rattle too...
Old 05-13-06, 09:18 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cdeslandes
I had the same B-pillar rattle and got it fixed yesterday as part of my 5k maintenance.
The printout reads: "Left front seatbelt rattles in hole - Englarged hole"

Sounds like the seat belt was rattling inside the pillar where passing through some hole? Anyway, the rattle is gone!

The guys didn't seem surprised when I mentioned it. He didn't say anything, but looked like he'd heard of that one before. From this thread, it appears to be a relatively common problem.

I'm going back for the seatbelt recall soon - they had to order the parts- and will ask him to comment.

I'm also getting a roof rattle too...
"rattles in hole", haha, i guess i'll tell them that and what kermee said too, since theres more IS around here, maybe they'll get one with the same problem and get it fixed.

I think everyone gets the roof rattle when the cover is opened.
Old 05-13-06, 11:51 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hartawan,

Sorry it took me so long. Here it is. Click on the image for the larger version of it. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 05-14-06, 03:19 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Ah. Thank you so much Kermee! I'm going to drop by lexus when I can.