IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What to do? Cancel order?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-06, 01:52 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Sorry about the local dealership experience.

That does sound like a hard (okay impossible) car to locate and an 07 may be in the cards.

Who did you order from (my guess would be Northborough)?

Again, I had a great experience using Ray Catena in NJ and having the car shipped. Jeff Ferdinand will make your day. Catena is opening a new shop in Freehold NJ and may have some free allocation for an order.

You can also call Elvis at Fleetrates.com and let him scour the country for you.
Old 04-17-06, 02:24 PM
Lem144
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Sorry about the local dealership experience.

That does sound like a hard (okay impossible) car to locate and an 07 may be in the cards.

Who did you order from (my guess would be Northborough)?

Again, I had a great experience using Ray Catena in NJ and having the car shipped. Jeff Ferdinand will make your day. Catena is opening a new shop in Freehold NJ and may have some free allocation for an order.

You can also call Elvis at Fleetrates.com and let him scour the country for you.
Thanks. I guess my order was just too good to be true. 3% over invoice is what they promised me. So much for that.
Old 04-17-06, 03:24 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Damn. That is hard to take. I would definately cancel and go elsewhere...
Old 04-17-06, 04:38 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lem144
After waiting 3.5 months, my dealer calls me today and told me that it will be mid-July before my car arrives. I was expecting it to arrive in the next couple of weeks! Mid-July is 6 months after my order date, and they have been sitting on my $1500 deposit since then. I am seriously considering pulling my order and not getting the car.
I've talk to one of the Lexus manager that a lot of *****ty dealer does this kind of stuff. They probably got the car and was able to sell it with better price that they can sell it to you. They just keep on telling you the car is here but they've probably got many of them and still be able to keep your 1500 bucks.
Old 04-17-06, 06:24 PM
Lem144
Intermediate

Originally Posted by shaolin
I've talk to one of the Lexus manager that a lot of *****ty dealer does this kind of stuff. They probably got the car and was able to sell it with better price that they can sell it to you. They just keep on telling you the car is here but they've probably got many of them and still be able to keep your 1500 bucks.
I think all of their cars show up in their inventory lists, and that car has never been in their list. I haven't seen a DSM at either this dealership or the other large dealership here in Boston in months, so I kind of feel that what they are telling me might be true.

What I might end up doing is cancelling this order for now and waiting for the 2007 model to see if there will be any change. The manager told me they would offer me the same 3% over on a 2007 because of this issue. I could probably even get them to prioritize it (he said that was one option they could try and do). Of course I'd get it all in writing.

At this rate I might not get my IS until next year, because I wouldn't order it until December-ish.

Oh well.
Old 04-17-06, 06:33 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

Definitely sold it to someone else happens all the time mo money. Sorry.
Old 04-17-06, 06:39 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think all of their cars show up in their inventory lists, and that car has never been in their list. I haven't seen a DSM at either this dealership or the other large dealership here in Boston in months, so I kind of feel that what they are telling me might be true.

What I might end up doing is cancelling this order for now and waiting for the 2007 model to see if there will be any change. The manager told me they would offer me the same 3% over on a 2007 because of this issue. I could probably even get them to prioritize it (he said that was one option they could try and do). Of course I'd get it all in writing.

At this rate I might not get my IS until next year, because I wouldn't order it until December-ish.

Oh well.
A promise to sell you a car that doesn't exist is hardly a promise. Please be careful with such hollow promises.
Old 04-17-06, 06:54 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

Sorry to hear about your dilemma! I saw a DSM IS250 on a car lot yesterday in Davenport, IA at Lujack Lexus. They even had Breakwater Blue. They had about a dozen 250's in all colors. I saw one with manual but don't remember what color it was. They had one loaded IS 350 that was Tungsten/Black/Nav/ML/PA, everything. I'd never seen so many IS's in my life! You ought to give them a call and see if they have what you are looking for and have it shipped.

There are still none in my area of Florida which I'm happy about.
Old 04-17-06, 06:58 PM
phish2112
Driver

wow man I really feel your pain. I'd be furius!

I thought the same thing when I ordered mine Jan 2nd and after 3 months they said they have no idea when it will come in. They initially quoted me 4-6 weeks.

I still don't have my car, but am slated to pick it up Friday. It came to port last thursday. From hearing the horror stories on this forum I'm afraid to even think the worst of it not being true. At least I finally got my VIN today.

Good luck, if I were you I would order an '07 the first day you can and demand the same deal. It might only be just another 3-4 months wait from when you'd get your '06.

and don't settle on another make, you'll only regret it the whole time you own it.
Old 04-17-06, 10:53 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

I experienced a similar dilemma when I ordered my 350 back in November...

At first, the salesman said I'm looking at end of Jan. Jan came and went then it was Feb. Feb came and went then it was finally March 16th that I took deilvery of my car. He had also promised me that he'd be able to sell me the car for $100 over invoice but that ended up never happening either. I was gonna pull my order and go elsewhere when the car was nowhere to be seen in Feb but I couln't bear the thought of having to wait even longer if I went to another dealership so I waited it out.

Good luck with your purchase. Don't mean to burst your bubble but whatever price he quoted you, you prob won't get it. They use that tactic to reel you in and get you to put a deposit with them.

ps. my deposit was only $500. I'd be furious if they made me put any more down than that!
Old 04-18-06, 06:59 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
I experienced a similar dilemma when I ordered my 350 back in November...

At first, the salesman said I'm looking at end of Jan. Jan came and went then it was Feb. Feb came and went then it was finally March 16th that I took deilvery of my car. He had also promised me that he'd be able to sell me the car for $100 over invoice but that ended up never happening either. I was gonna pull my order and go elsewhere when the car was nowhere to be seen in Feb but I couln't bear the thought of having to wait even longer if I went to another dealership so I waited it out.

Good luck with your purchase. Don't mean to burst your bubble but whatever price he quoted you, you prob won't get it. They use that tactic to reel you in and get you to put a deposit with them.

ps. my deposit was only $500. I'd be furious if they made me put any more down than that!
I thought Lexus has the best customer service. From reading people's experience on here, that seems to be hardly the case. This is now the second dealer that I am having a problem with, I feel they are all crooks. I think I am going to place a call into corporate today and file a complaint with them about this dealership. I want to at least find out if they were feeding me a line of bull ***** concerning the color or if they had done something else.
Old 04-18-06, 07:27 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

I thought Lexus has the best customer service. From reading people's experience on here, that seems to be hardly the case. This is now the second dealer that I am having a problem with, I feel they are all crooks. I think I am going to place a call into corporate today and file a complaint with them about this dealership. I want to at least find out if they were feeding me a line of bull ***** concerning the color or if they had done something else.
even lexus has bad salesmen, its just in other car companies there are even more bad salesmen.

I can draw the analogy of lexus having the best reliability, that doesnt mean its 100% perfect, it just has a hell of a lot less problems than other companies
Old 04-18-06, 08:07 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

I just called Lexus customer service and they told me special orders can take up to 6 months. Fun!
Old 04-18-06, 08:13 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
He had also promised me that he'd be able to sell me the car for $100 over invoice but that ended up never happening either.
So how much did you end up paying?
Old 04-18-06, 09:05 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
So how much did you end up paying?
I was able to get only $1000 off of MSRP.

Quick Reply: What to do? Cancel order?