IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I got it! (56K DEATH = VERY YES)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-06, 02:22 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I got it! (56K DEATH = VERY YES)

After exactly a year after first seeing the IS' world premiere at Geneva, and a year of lusting and drooling, there is an IS350 in my garage! I got really lucky with the sale: I was waiting for the G35 to come out before I made my car purchase, and after that monstrosity was unveiled, I decided to order my own IS. Order because I knew the chances of me finding a Glacier Frost Mica/Sterling Nav/ML was going to be slim to none. So I emailed Peter Kong at Lexus of Glendale and, lo and behold, they had one with a black interior. Just my luck!

Let me tell you guys, the car buying experience at Lexus of Glendale is amazing. I would and will recommend any and everyone buying a Lexus to go to them; their facility is brand new and looks great, and Peter is a very nice and inviting person who really looks out for you. The negotiating process was so much less stressful and painful than I have ever remembered from any car dealer; it was actually somewhat enjoyable! So Cal people please do yourself a favor and go to him at Glendale for your next Lexus! Peter and his financial manager got me an amazing deal; so amazing that they both have forbid me from posting the specifics of the deal on this forum. Just know that it was an amazing deal from an amazing dealership with little to no sweat involved!

Enough about the dealer! How about the car!

The color: in person, it just glows. Everyone at the Lexus dealer kept commenting on how rare and beautiful the color was. It really just... words can't describe Glacier Frost. It's not even a color. I'd describe it as more of a "state of mind." You can never decide if it's white, silver, blue, or gold. It just depends on what your state of mind feels like it should be. The black interior: perfect. A perfect contrast with the very light interior, and won't get dirty as easily either.

Everything about this IS just feels special. It just feels like you know it's not your regular vehicle. You walk up to it and the color just beams at you. You slide your hand behind the door handle and the car unlocks and glows. You open the door and the illuminated scuff plates glow blue. (And everyone knows illuminated door plates up your lady-game by at least 50%. In fact the first thing my girlfriend said about the car was "wow those plates glow.") You push, not twist, the ignition. The needles do their swing thing. And then you're off. The car just feels special. It just feels ethereal. It just feels... otherworldly. The seats feel like clouds. The Mark Levinson sounds amazing. Sometimes I forget I'm driving a car with a car stereo. Sometimes I think that I'm back at home and I'm listening to my home system, and I go hey, this is nothing special. But then I remember that, yes, I am in a car, and that this is a car stereo, and that this car stereo rocks. The power is so smooth, the brake pedal inspire confidence in its usage. Mmmm. I'll reserve comments about power until I break her in, but so far so good ;D And steering is... I don't even know how to explain it. It felt as though I was immediately as one with the vehicle. It was great.

Complaints? Gas mileage sucks so far, but I've only driven about a quarter tank. It says I'm averaging 15 MPG. Gross. Also, the car frankly sucks on freeways with expansion joints. Other than that, I LOVE THIS CAR.

And I've also endured enough "I got my car!" posts to know that this thread is useless without pictures. So here are pictures. A lot of pictures. Like watch out 56k pictures. Enjoy!

Old 04-17-06, 02:23 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Phew!
Old 04-17-06, 02:31 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,270 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Beautiful pearl in the paint on your IS
Old 04-17-06, 02:32 PM
GSE25
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats and nice pics. I love the last one!
Old 04-17-06, 02:46 PM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The car looks awesome, thanks for posting the photos.
Old 04-17-06, 02:56 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those are awesome pics of GFM!!! Congrats on the car and Thanks for the photos!
Old 04-17-06, 03:05 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Very nice IS...love that color.
Old 04-17-06, 03:06 PM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I got mine from Glendale Lexus and I also dealt with Peter Kong. It took me less than 15 minutes to negotiate the price I wanted All I can say is that it was a very good experience. Enjoy your car man. Congrats!!!
Old 04-17-06, 03:16 PM
C280to250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by knihc2008

Phew!
This the only color IMO you'll see the beautiful Lines on this Gorgeous Car.

Congrats
Old 04-17-06, 03:17 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Wow, thats not just a 56K killer it is a T1 killer! Congratulations on the new car. 5 more days for me!
Old 04-17-06, 03:31 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful!!!!!

I'm very glad you had such a good experience with Peter! I'm looking forward to getting mines from Peter! I probably owe him like 10 dinner meals cause I bother him so much.

So you are the lucky one that picked that one up!! That was my original requested car! Jealousy sits in. j/k!!!! At least I know it went to a good owner that will take care of it. We can be GFM twins in future Lexus Meets.

So.....Can I come over and play with it?
Old 04-17-06, 03:55 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

haha! Peter said someone came in from ClubLexus and drooled over the car becuase he couldn't get the car til June... your birthday? And that was why you had to drop out of getting this particular one you had special ordered? In that case... I do believe I'm driving your car! You should know better than anyone else how amazing this car is!

Thank you everyone else for the good words! It took me forever to upload but it was well worth it!
Old 04-17-06, 03:56 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

congrats you got the best color

I went with 35% tint all the way around, looks nice.
Old 04-17-06, 03:58 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by knihc2008
haha! Peter said someone came in from ClubLexus and drooled over the car becuase he couldn't get the car til June... your birthday? And that was why you had to drop out of getting this particular one you had special ordered? In that case... I do believe I'm driving your car! You should know better than anyone else how amazing this car is!

Thank you everyone else for the good words! It took me forever to upload but it was well worth it!
Yes indeed that is ME! I'm quite jealous! LOL! YES, The car and color is simply...mesmerizing. I wouldn't leave...I wanted to take it home. But alas, June it is.

So how about some boba, and we call it even?
Old 04-17-06, 04:11 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

linh: I was thinking of tints too! The black interior started to burn up even during this photo session! Thankfully the ventilated seats saved me I'm worried about getting a fixit ticket for tinting though, especially in California, and am looking for something light enough all around so that it won't be too noticible. Is 35% quite dark?

Pocky: PM me! But we'll have to finish the boba there... No food in my car! :P

Last edited by knihc2008; 04-17-06 at 04:14 PM.

Quick Reply: I got it! (56K DEATH = VERY YES)