IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

my car got keyed....

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-06, 11:01 AM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Man that sucks big time. I HATE jealous A-HOLES! They should be doing something more productive rather than keying someone else's car for pleasure. I don't mind seeing them getting run over by a bus just like in Final Destination Thats right I said it.
Old 04-18-06, 11:02 AM
rys
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by knihc2008
I really do wonder what kind of people have the mindset to deface other people's property like this?
The kind of people that aren't smart enough to realize that people have been shot for less in some areas.

-Brian
Old 04-18-06, 11:06 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Egging really is the absolute worst. I never realized how bad it was until someone egged my brother's car (my brother's car gets seriously the worst luck ever) and after I got it washed off the whole area was peeling clear coat like bad dry skin. It was painful to look at. (My brother's car also got hit-and-runned last week. Like I said, terrible luck.)

I really do wonder what kind of people have the mindset to deface other people's property like this?
Yep! So....better becareful where you park Justin. Or I'll be coming after ya! oops..I mean..uhhh.
Old 04-18-06, 11:26 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pocky
Yep! So....better becareful where you park Justin. Or I'll be coming after ya! oops..I mean..uhhh.
I'll need to install a pockysensor on it then

But seriously back to the matter at hand, I wonder if you could get that key mark wet sanded, depending on how deep it is (and it does look pretty deep). With my brother's car, he decided to just leave it and fill the paint in with some touch-up pen (until the car got hit and run on the exact same area last week, so the whole section needs to be repainted.)
Old 04-18-06, 03:21 PM
LexAppeal
Rookie

I drive a hooptie as my daily driver at the moment and i got it recently keyed from front to back... It's a piece of crap so I don't care too much but in 2 weeks I'll be in my IS. I'm having bad throughts already. There's haters...then theres just jerks who do it just to do it. Sigh...sorry to hear that man.
Old 04-18-06, 04:22 PM
menech
Lead Lap

man that sucks sorry that happened to your new baby

I guess the only bright side is it looks like a single panel to repaint instead of the whole side of the car....my buddy just had to repaint his TC due to some jealous a$$hole.
Old 04-18-06, 08:29 PM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

do the fingernail test. if your nail gets caught in the keyed spot then they have broken through the clearcloat and you prob have to get it touched up. if not, it can be polished/buffed out.
Old 04-18-06, 10:42 PM
IS_altezza
Rookie

Default thank you

thank you all for the support...

i did try to buff it ....but it dosen't seem to work....o well i guess it wasn't my lucky day hehe life goes on
Old 04-18-06, 10:48 PM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS_altezza
thank you all for the support...

i did try to buff it ....but it dosen't seem to work....o well i guess it wasn't my lucky day hehe life goes on

Doesn't the comprehensive portion of your insurance cover this?
Old 04-18-06, 11:01 PM
IS_altezza
Rookie

i think i will have to pay for the deductible if i want to fix it....
Old 04-18-06, 11:06 PM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS_altezza
i think i will have to pay for the deductible if i want to fix it....

Well IMO, that's why pay a lot of money for full coverage. Now, if it's going to be $650 and your deductible is $500, then it may make more sense to just pay it out of pocket, but I would assume it will be closer to $1000.

Sorry that happened to you.
Old 04-19-06, 12:04 AM
is350WHT
Rookie

Sorry you got keyed. This is why I'll never drive to Walmart or even malls, areas with substantial number of people who don't care if they scratch(dent) your car or not. If it happens they just drive to the next parking space.

Personally, I think these idiots start off young disrespecting cars (other people's property).
Once when I was living in an apartment complex, the type with families of 5 or 6, and the kids just hang out outside until dinner, my old car (3000GT) was in a car port and I walk out to see what looked like the remains of a picnic on my car hood. Chips and cheese everywhere. From the fingerprints and smear marks, they were little kids. Another time, got hard candy stuck on the door like a magnet. Moved out as soon as I could into an apartment complex with garage parking.
Old 04-19-06, 08:14 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear that. That really sucks. Would the Langka kit help in this case to do the repair?

http://www.langka.com
Old 05-03-06, 11:09 AM
LSUFanMan
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What an ******* to key your car. Isn't it totally legal to kill little ****** caught keying a 2IS?
Old 05-03-06, 12:19 PM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

To quote the great Vincent: "It would have been him doing it just so I could have caught him doing it."

I have kids so it totally legal for me to have 3 27" aluminum bats in my trunk.

Quick Reply: my car got keyed....