IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Xenon Depot HID 4300k Install (56k beware!!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-07, 09:07 PM
TR3XX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

both my headlights are leveled. the dip is occuring in the middle of my driver side beam. at first i thought my headlights were uneven but when i started the adjustment, i noticed the dip was in the center of my driver side light beam.

Last edited by TR3XX; 03-02-07 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-02-07, 09:52 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, there is supposed to be a dip because our headlights are projectors.

There should have been a dip even with your stock halogens.

If it's not that....then.....I don't know Tran.
Old 03-02-07, 10:25 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why don't you put the other 2 wires inside the gromet that was provided? you cand take the wires out from the white clip and put it through.

[ATTACH]100320[/ATAttachment 100321TACH]Xenon Depot HID 4300k Install (56k beware!!)-dsc00426.jpg
Old 03-02-07, 10:27 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Xenon Depot HID 4300k Install (56k beware!!)-dsc00424.jpg

i don't know how to post all the pic under one post so sorry..
Old 03-02-07, 10:31 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Xenon Depot HID 4300k Install (56k beware!!)-dsc00430.jpg

ballest on the passenger side mount on front end of intake box and the ground wire to the body.
Old 03-02-07, 10:33 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Xenon Depot HID 4300k Install (56k beware!!)-dsc00436.jpg

ballest on the drive side.
Old 03-02-07, 10:35 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Xenon Depot HID 4300k Install (56k beware!!)-dsc00439.jpg

driver side ground point. one of the other bult on the right side will not ground.
Old 03-02-07, 10:38 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Xenon Depot HID 4300k Install (56k beware!!)-dsc00438.jpg

another shot of the passenger side.

i mount all the wires for my passenger side under the fender with zip tire. the driver side goes above the radiator.

sorry for the bad pictures.
Old 03-04-07, 08:54 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

They are angled this way from the factory. Your driver's side headlamp will always be lower so that you do not blind oncoming traffic.

TR3XX - Nice pictures!!

Steve
Old 07-06-07, 07:32 PM
rulezz22
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down Stay Away from XenonDepot

My good recommendation - please stay away from these people!
These guys have the worst customer service out there. You may never get your money and/or merchandise from them.
I have been calling and e-mailing them every day for 2 weeks trying to get my bulbs and connectors shipped out. I have paid for these a month ago.
I have been able to reach someone two times during this period of time just to hear that package will be shipped next business day, however it never happened until yesterday. And, turns out, they have shipped me some junk instead of what I've been waiting for!
I have paid $45 to get these shipped - they said that's because they ship it overnight, however, how good is "overnight" when it takes them two weeks to ship this out?
Besides the fact that they have sent me the wrong "cheap-o" bulbs instead of the Philips branded ones, they have even forgot to include extra connectors I have paid $20 for!
I'm going to file a few claims next week if I do not hear from them again...
Old 07-06-07, 09:56 PM
gtr022001
Driver School Candidate

Wow, sucks to hear the bad experience. :-(
Hope your able to resolve the issue w/o going thru the extra troubles.
Old 07-07-07, 07:31 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me get this straight, you had OEM HIDs and you changed them out for XD Philips??
Old 07-07-07, 07:49 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi Alex,

The bulbs we sent you are Philips capsules. Take a look at the design of the capsule. The only difference is that the bulbs that you received have come in different casings as we sent you the 9006 4300k Philips bulbs that we use in our motorcycle kits. The capsules/bulbs themselves are identical. As you already know, the 9006 4300k XenonDepot kit has not been for sale on our website for 2 months as we currently are not selling this product.

If you take a look at this link:

http://www.xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=33

This kit uses Philips 4300k bulbs which are the bulbs we sent you. The only difference between the bulbs that we sent you and the bulbs that are used in the motorcycle kit is that the bulbs used in the motorcycle kits use this type of connector:

http://www.xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=110

However, we changed over these connectors for you to these ones:

http://www.xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=109

this way, the bulbs would work with your current ballasts.

Using the motorcycle 4300k Philips capsules was the only solution to get your kit up and running (which ends up being the same). Keep in mind that you did contact us over a month after you purchased the kit telling us that you ordered the wrong product.

I guess that what happened was that the tech thought you ordered the connectors so that you could get the motorcycle bulbs to work. Rather than leaving them for you to convert, he converted them himself so that you would not need to worry about doing anything. This way everything just plugs right in.

If its another set of connectors that you require, I have no problems sending them out for you.

I hope that this clarifies everything for you.

Steve
Old 07-07-07, 10:08 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait... XD doesnt make a 9006 4300K anymore? WTH.... Why not?
Old 07-07-07, 11:47 PM
rulezz22
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down Very bad explanation

Steve,

First of all, do you think I did not do my marketing research before I've purchased the kit from you? I have visited around a dozen of web sites over a period of 5 days before placing an order with you. The bulbs you have sent me are made either by SpeedVision or some other Korean company and they can be bought for $35 on the web each! Same casing same white adhesive compound inside. They do say they use Philips glass, but they cost WAY less!!!! Why did I pay $380 for the kit and not $150???
You _personally_ told me over the phone that you've had extra Philips bulbs left to swap _before_ I have sent you mine! Why now you're telling me that you don't have them anymore? This is just unacceptable. I know you would say something you did in your e-mail and I do not believe a single word. In regards of a over a month exchange - I have contacted you _exactly_ on the last day of the month expiration. If you look in to your system, you'll see that you could not mail me the kit on time and sent it a few days after I have actually ordered it. So this is not true that it has been longer than a month. That's just a minor detail, however.
The reason I have ordered extra connectors is not because I wanted to get $59 bulbs instead of $159 ones (your web site pricing), but because I already have another (extra) set of ballasts I wanted to install on my car. Those are you ballast as well, but from another kit I bought for fog lights and I wanted to use your water sealed connectors in this setup.
The bottom line - I have paid $65 in shipping and extra connectors charges just to loose $265 over what I have had originally. I got cheaper bulbs + I did not get my connectors AND I've been wasting my time over 2 weeks trying to get this shipped to me!

I would like to know how would _you_ react on something like that should you happen to be in my shoes????

OK, now what I would like to happen - I would like you to swap these cheaper bulbs for same brand I've originally had in the kit AND send me my extra connectors along. If you cannot do that, refund me the difference in price.
At this point I feel completely fooled and that makes me really angry with you.

Alex

Quick Reply: Xenon Depot HID 4300k Install (56k beware!!)