IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Void my warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-06, 04:44 PM
pr0vakativ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Void my warranty?

anyone know if i install an aftermarket deck and system will it void my warranty?
Old 04-20-06, 06:16 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no it will not.
Old 04-20-06, 08:07 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

if the dealership can prove that it damaged something else, like another aspect of the electrical system then yes, they can deny your warranty claim for that particular defect.

If you put in a system and one of the shocks blows, then they can't deny your claim.
Old 04-21-06, 02:06 AM
pr0vakativ
Driver School Candidate

Cool Thanks For The Info Im Planning To Install A Pioneer Avic-n2 An Amp And Speakers With Subs
Old 04-21-06, 07:41 AM
cmusic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pr0vakativ
Cool Thanks For The Info Im Planning To Install A Pioneer Avic-n2 An Amp And Speakers With Subs
I wish you luck with your install. You are in for a lot of fustrating times with a head unit install in the IS.
Old 04-21-06, 08:08 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cmusic
I wish you luck with your install. You are in for a lot of fustrating times with a head unit install in the IS.
+1 on that one. I would think about adding some stuff to my truck but not a head unit.
Old 04-21-06, 08:15 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can't wait to see how it'll look like
Old 04-21-06, 06:56 PM
pr0vakativ
Driver School Candidate

Ill Be Installing The Head Unit This Wednesday With A Custom Made Dash Around It. I Will Take Pictures Of The Install And Tell You Guys What U Can And Can Not Do. Or If Its Even Possible To Install A Head Unit Without Complications.
Old 04-21-06, 07:58 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

reading posts and looking at pics it look like the raido and hvac ire on 1 circuit bord. is this true?
Old 04-21-06, 08:27 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Yes post pics of the install im interested in seeing it myself!
Old 04-21-06, 08:45 PM
pr0vakativ
Driver School Candidate

The Screen For The Radio And Hvac Are On One Board But Im Planning To Removed The Cd Changer And Install A Single Din Dvd And Navi Unit. Hoping Everything Will Be Fine. If Having An Aftermarket Unit Causes Problems With The Car Then I Would Just Go The Route Of Tapping Into The Lines And Run A 5 Channel Amp With Subs And Speakers
Old 04-22-06, 06:33 AM
cmusic
Pole Position

Just to give you a heads up on the base audio system, remove the CD/radio and all A/C functions go with it.

All pre-amp functions (volume, bass, mid, treble, fader, balance, listening position, automatic level control, ect..) are done the in the amp.

The amp turns on with the ingition, reguardless if the CD/radio is on or not. There is no true turn-on wire for the factory amp.

The base amp has ten channels (four mid/tweeter channels for each door, four woofer channels for each door, and two sub channels) and has built in un-bypassable and un-adjustable active crossovers. To get a full range output the sub, woofer, and mid/tweeter outputs would have to be combined together. I used an Audio Control LC8 speaker to RCA convertor for this with great results.

I have seen some pictures of Japanese ISs with Alpine head units installed but the factory CD/radio was relocated to the glove box and was still working.
Old 04-22-06, 06:14 PM
pr0vakativ
Driver School Candidate

i wont need the stock amp anymore or the functions that go with it. i will be installing an aftermarket amp and aftermarket speakers all at the sametime. so i wont be using any stock components for my audio system
Old 04-24-06, 10:26 PM
pr0vakativ
Driver School Candidate

well we tried to install an aftermarket deck today , didnt work out as i hoped . Hvac controls do not work period . i was thinking about relocating the changer into the glove but i wouldnt like to lose my glove box i guess ill have to wait for a module to come out to bypass all that. i looked into the wiring schematics and the radio reciever is the main unit between the amp hvac controls and gateway module. meaning everything that relates to the audio and hvac controls has to go through the radio reciever. so basically the changer is a module itself . CMUSIC was right . i have one question for you though is it possible to run a converter like the Rockford Fosqate 360 and tap into the lines and run an external amp to run aftermarket speakers? i will be installing new 6.5" speakers in all doors and have them run off the amp also would be running subs with it ? IS that possible ?
Old 04-25-06, 08:39 AM
cmusic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pr0vakativ
i have one question for you though is it possible to run a converter like the Rockford Fosqate 360 and tap into the lines and run an external amp to run aftermarket speakers? i will be installing new 6.5" speakers in all doors and have them run off the amp also would be running subs with it ? IS that possible ?
It is possible to put a convertor on the speaker outputs of the factory amp, but remember the amp is 10 channels and has built in active crossovers. There is no single stereo full range speaker output on the factory amp. I used an Audio Control LC8 http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/ to combine the sub, front woofers, and front mid/tweeter speaker outputs together into one stereo RCA output. It works great except it stays on whenever the factory amp is on (which is all the time the car is on). From the LC8 I ran RCAs to my aftermarket eq and amps.

The JL Audio Cleansweep CL-SSI http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...hp?page_id=193 can do the same thing as the LC8 except for providing an RCA output. It only has speaker level outputs but they can be ran into a Rockford Fosgate 360.

If you just plan on installing new 6.5"s and subs and keep the factory mid and tweeter on the factory amp you could use a four channel amp with speaker level inputs and run wires directly from the factory amp to the aftermarket amp.

Quick Reply: Void my warranty?