IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Caught Someone Trying To Break In To My Car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-06, 12:06 PM
S L I C K
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2001 IS 300 got keyed ( $3,500 worth a damage; only paid $100 though because of full coverage ) a month after I got it and my 2005 TL A-Spec has been spit on numerous times. Some people just have nothing else better to do than damage someone else's property.
Old 04-22-06, 01:19 PM
tsp5
Driver School Candidate

You did the right thing. If you had waited any longer, the guy may have done some damage with the slim jim. At least you avoided the hassle of having to get something repaired.
Old 04-22-06, 08:40 PM
evren
Rookie

Sorry to hear about your scare, I know its a really unnerving feeling, way to go chasing him off though! Could you please provide info as to exactly where you parked? I'm a Toronto student who spends lots of time @ U of T & York libraries and have never really put much thought into where I park my 350.
Old 04-23-06, 12:26 AM
loftus112
Pole Position

Hey IS-250, you're not over reacting. I would be pissed and parniod too. Normally, I would of gotten closer too so I can see what he was trying to do and then beat his **** down, but after seeing the news from all them senseless killings from guns, it might not be a good idea these days.
Old 04-23-06, 12:53 AM
shrka
Pole Position

bro...dying over your car is not the way to go.
You never know what they may be caring.
Glad to hear that your car and you are doing fine.
Once of these days, that guy will get his.

So it was probably smart not to have confronted him...what you did was probably better...scare him off. You can always replace a car...not a person.

D
Old 04-23-06, 01:25 AM
twkid84
Pole Position

why did u run when u have the car
Old 04-23-06, 01:40 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the feeling a lot of members reading this are holding back their thoughts and ideas on this so I will, too. Sorry about your car but good luck rest of your life.
Old 04-23-06, 02:04 AM
liquid2
Pole Position

Man i wont hold back!

I would have laid the SMACK F***IN DOWN ON HIM especially since its a new car too...
Heres a plan for you
Never wear those boots again...then you can do the exact same thing but catch up to him where you can
tackle him and lay the smack down on him after getting nice and cozy on top of him. I say you hit him in the face and stop if theres any sight of blood.
Another Plan for you, if you want wanna chase him and be (safer)
Sneak up on him a little closer 6-10 feet is good enough.. then pull him back and to the ground and pin him, if you have a friend with you let one rip in his face.

I personally, would have got close enough to scare him ****less and then give him a MAX POWER KICK TO THE A*S...thats all.
Also on the new car thing, Thats the thing with new cars, you baby it way too much. This is true with my dads sc430.. If you really avoid all of the babying and worring about the car just buy a used car then. You'll have your peace of mind!
Old 04-23-06, 05:47 AM
IS-250
Rookie

Originally Posted by evren
Sorry to hear about your scare, I know its a really unnerving feeling, way to go chasing him off though! Could you please provide info as to exactly where you parked? I'm a Toronto student who spends lots of time @ U of T & York libraries and have never really put much thought into where I park my 350.
Hey, this actually happened at Milliken Mills Library near 14th Ave and Kennedy Road.
Old 04-23-06, 05:52 AM
IS-250
Rookie

Now that I have had time to think, I really wish I would have caught him and beat his *** down. I am not really worried about him having a gun or anything because I think if he DID have any sort of weapon, he would have used it to rob me and take the keys from me. He was pretty young too, I would say like around 20 ish, maybe younger. I keep dri ving by there and passing the parking lot hoping to see him again but no luck so far.
Old 04-23-06, 06:27 AM
Aterrex
Driver

Taser gun. Frys people at a distance. I would have just called the police but thats me.
Old 04-23-06, 06:28 AM
evren
Rookie

OH that kid? Yeah I've seen him a buncha times. He's easy to find, he always parks his black ''06 BMW 330i nearby. He's tried to jack my IS like ten times already, its ridiculous.
Old 04-23-06, 06:36 AM
Aterrex
Driver

Originally Posted by evren
OH that kid? Yeah I've seen him a buncha times. He's easy to find, he always parks his black ''06 BMW 330i nearby. He's tried to jack my IS like ten times already, its ridiculous.
LMFAO

Old 04-23-06, 08:47 AM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by liquid2
Man i wont hold back!

I would have laid the SMACK F***IN DOWN ON HIM especially since its a new car too...
Heres a plan for you
Never wear those boots again...then you can do the exact same thing but catch up to him where you can
tackle him and lay the smack down on him after getting nice and cozy on top of him. I say you hit him in the face and stop if theres any sight of blood.
Another Plan for you, if you want wanna chase him and be (safer)
Sneak up on him a little closer 6-10 feet is good enough.. then pull him back and to the ground and pin him, if you have a friend with you let one rip in his face.

I personally, would have got close enough to scare him ****less and then give him a MAX POWER KICK TO THE A*S...thats all.
Also on the new car thing, Thats the thing with new cars, you baby it way too much. This is true with my dads sc430.. If you really avoid all of the babying and worring about the car just buy a used car then. You'll have your peace of mind!
I soooo agree!!!! I would of walked up behind this kid, grabbed him by the back of his head, threw him to the ground and put my Timberlands to good use on his face!!!! And if he tried to pull a gun, I'll pull mine, I'm willing to bet I would have a faster draw than a dumba*ss with a boot in his face.
Old 04-23-06, 09:30 AM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have hit the panic button on the key fob--it probably would have startled him even more.

Quick Reply: Caught Someone Trying To Break In To My Car!!!