IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Caught Someone Trying To Break In To My Car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-06, 06:49 AM
IS-250
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caught Someone Trying To Break In To My Car!!!

Me and my girlfriend were at the library yesturday for about 5-6 hours. We were heading out and right away I noticed some thugged out kid staring into my car with his hands on the driver's side window. I don't like it when people do that but I figured he was just looking inside. As i got closer (like 15 car lengths) I noticed that he was doing some jigging and stuff so i pressed the unlock button on the fob and he quickly turned around, saw me pacing towards the car and walked off really fast but not before dropping some metal strip thing that I guess he was lodging into my window. I dropped my bag and ran my *** after this bastard. I chased him for i say about 1/3 mile until i almost fell because I was wearing my timberlands which are not the best shoes to run in. When i got back to my car, i carefully looked everywhere and there was nothing wrong with the car at all (Thank God!!). I swear, those people need to all get their asses jumped by every member of CL. Even though nothing happened to my car, it still ruined my day like crazy. I mean WTF, i am a full-time university student running a company which is paying for my car and everything else, and it is not easy at all, and I have enough crap to deal with, then some dumb *** pulls this s*%@. Sorry if some of you think I am over reacting but I really get pissed off at these type of people. Something similar happened to me like 2 weeks ago. It was 2 or 3 days after I picked up my IS and it was parked outside of my garage the whole time because I had not yet gotten rid of my old car. The same day I put it inside of my garage, that night, my house gets egged to shi*. I mean everywhere on the front side. I tried using my pressure washer to get it off which helped for the first floor but I think i have to get on the roof to get the second floow cleaned.
Old 04-22-06, 07:43 AM
Bengalfang
Driver

You should tell the police and give them his description. Chances are he's already in their systems. People like him need to be locked up in jail for life, or better yet the death penalty.
Old 04-22-06, 07:58 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

or better yet since he dropped a slim jim have them dust it for fingerprints. hope that bastard dies. i hate when *********as want to mess with someone else car that they worked hard to get.
Old 04-22-06, 08:33 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i know hindsight is 20/20 but i would have waited until i was closer to hit the unlock key on the fob. and then i would have beat his *** into the ground. well- i'd have to tell my gf to not watch though since I'd hate to get violent in front of her.
Old 04-22-06, 09:29 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

u shoulda waited and got him but at least car is ok.
Old 04-22-06, 09:33 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS-250
Me and my girlfriend were at the library yesturday for about 5-6 hours. We were heading out and right away I noticed some thugged out kid staring into my car with his hands on the driver's side window. I don't like it when people do that but I figured he was just looking inside. As i got closer (like 15 car lengths) I noticed that he was doing some jigging and stuff so i pressed the unlock button on the fob and he quickly turned around, saw me pacing towards the car and walked off really fast but not before dropping some metal strip thing that I guess he was lodging into my window. I dropped my bag and ran my *** after this bastard. I chased him for i say about 1/3 mile until i almost fell because I was wearing my timberlands which are not the best shoes to run in. When i got back to my car, i carefully looked everywhere and there was nothing wrong with the car at all (Thank God!!). I swear, those people need to all get their asses jumped by every member of CL. Even though nothing happened to my car, it still ruined my day like crazy. I mean WTF, i am a full-time university student running a company which is paying for my car and everything else, and it is not easy at all, and I have enough crap to deal with, then some dumb *** pulls this s*%@. Sorry if some of you think I am over reacting but I really get pissed off at these type of people. Something similar happened to me like 2 weeks ago. It was 2 or 3 days after I picked up my IS and it was parked outside of my garage the whole time because I had not yet gotten rid of my old car. The same day I put it inside of my garage, that night, my house gets egged to shi*. I mean everywhere on the front side. I tried using my pressure washer to get it off which helped for the first floor but I think i have to get on the roof to get the second floow cleaned.
omg crazy! .. i woulda snuck behind him and busted his head open with my key fob!!

glad to hear your car is okay but it seems like some people don't like you ... egging your house/stealing your car.... you didn't **** anyone off did you?
Old 04-22-06, 09:42 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah you should have definately told your GF to wait where you were and snuck up on that *****...held you key in between your fingers and jabbed the key into his ribs....boy does a lexus key in between your ribs hurt! Im glad to see your ride is safe but you really should tell el policia to get out there and crack down on car thieves.
Old 04-22-06, 10:13 AM
dajwilson
Driver

I don't know if I would approach someone that was trying to break into my car. I may yell at them from a distance, but in these days and times with all the stupidity and senseless killing, I don't think I'd approach them. They may panic, pull out a gun, and shoot you. If someone is breaking into your car, it's already obvious that they're a criminal so who's to say they won't kill you as well. Situations like this are what insurance is for.
Old 04-22-06, 10:24 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No you don't touch the guy, don't approach him, etc. My uncle hit someone in the head with a brick that was trying to steal his car from the driveway years back, and he ended up getting sued for assault.

Let the cops do their job...
Old 04-22-06, 10:35 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRupp
No you don't touch the guy, don't approach him, etc. My uncle hit someone in the head with a brick that was trying to steal his car from the driveway years back, and he ended up getting sued for assault.

Let the cops do their job...

Great Advice
Old 04-22-06, 10:37 AM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My cousin one day was walking out to his car, walked passed it (it was a cadillac rental) he saw someone in the car and figured it wasnt his....then he went back and realized someone was in his car, called his friend over, they ended up trapping the guy in the car and needless to say after about 5 minutes the thief was actually screaming someone call the police. You may never know whos trying to steal your car, but the thief may never know whos car hes stealing. It can work both ways.
Old 04-22-06, 11:00 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess yeah you could let the police do their work and find the guy, but around here the cops would be llike duhmmm, your car didnt get stolen though, why do you really care? You have it dont you? and then eventually if the perp was persistant enough he could just come by in a few days and steal it. Thats why my car stays in the garage. Alot of "car thieves" will go for a easy jack somewhere in a parking lot or a street but wont go the full extent to sneek into a home just to get the car.
Old 04-22-06, 11:35 AM
S L I C K
Lead Lap

Some people ...
Old 04-22-06, 11:42 AM
IS-250
Rookie

Later on when i was thinking about it, it would have made more sense to sneak up behind him and beat his *** but when you are that madd and even more so, nervous for your car, you don't really think. i have not really pissed anyone off but there are a lot of haters in my area.
Old 04-22-06, 12:05 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haters in canada? I thought you guys were better than we americans.

Quick Reply: Caught Someone Trying To Break In To My Car!!!