IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Interesting view from BMW owners...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-06, 03:29 PM
Seattle350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting view from BMW owners...

Besides my IS350, I also have an '04 M3 Coupe - met up with a few BMW club members on Saturday for a morning burn. During lunch we got to talking abt other cars and I mentioned that I also have an IS350 - unbelievable the respect the 350 has - some even called it a sleeper - and the warning abt being able to shift correctly with their M3's if taking on a 350. There's also pleanty of bias against the E90 3-series - most of the old school Bimmer owners hate the new Bangled Bimmers, myself included.
Old 04-24-06, 03:32 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Seattle350
Besides my IS350, I also have an '04 M3 Coupe - met up with a few BMW club members on Saturday for a morning burn. During lunch we got to talking abt other cars and I mentioned that I also have an IS350 - unbelievable the respect the 350 has - some even called it a sleeper - and the warning abt being able to shift correctly with their M3's if taking on a 350. There's also pleanty of bias against the E90 3-series - most of the old school Bimmer owners hate the new Bangled Bimmers, myself included.

Good to hear from an owner that appreciates both cars I'm not really an old school BMW owner as I only had an E36, but I really like the E90. I might try and pick up an E92 Coupe depending on exactly what the price is.
Old 04-24-06, 05:06 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

That's awesome - as I also have great respect and admiration for M series Bimmers, it's great to hear those kinds of props coming from the Germans...

Javier
Old 04-24-06, 08:11 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think there is a generalized appreciation for cars that are regarded as class-leading. Not one car is perfect, and well-informed consumers know each car's positives and negatives.

Only insecure people that need to badmouth anything will know what they lack in their automobile as well as their life in general. It is unfortunate that negative company has to highlight the bad only to overshadow their own insecurities and imperfections.
Old 04-24-06, 08:13 PM
LexFather

I have to say the local BMW crowd here in Atlanta is a classy, knowledgable group. We (SELOC) and them meet up a couple times a year.

Glad to see this, those that are honest, know you just can't sleep on the IS 350.

(and my next car might be a BMW)
Old 04-24-06, 09:15 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by javylsu
That's awesome - as I also have great respect and admiration for M series Bimmers, it's great to hear those kinds of props coming from the Germans...

Javier
lol, i dont think all bmw owners are germans
Old 04-25-06, 05:39 AM
federalman
Rookie

I too own a M3.
I have 03 M3 6 speed, and IS250.

I drive my M3 in the weekend, and daily my IS250 or Corolla daily.

my Is250 get better gas milleage than my Corolla 1.8 here in Taiwan.

I like the way IS rides, it is very smooth compared with my M3 with PSS9, the car is very very smooth on rally like road here in Taiwan.

The only two thing I think IS need improvement are handling feel, and interior build quality.

Lexus should have better quality than my 3 year old M3, but the interior panel are starting to rattle already, and The car should have a heavier steeling feel, it is a bit too light for my liking.
Old 04-25-06, 09:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

that's very good to know how much respect this car is getting from bmw (m3) owners. very nice!
Old 04-25-06, 10:19 AM
S54toIS350
Lexus Champion

I used to have an 02 M Coupe and now I have an IS 350.

I can't compare handling characteristics between the two cars, seeing how both cars are totally different. However, I can say the IS 350 handles a lot better than many cars in its class, with the exception of the 330I. Then again, that can be fixed with upcoming coil overs

The ride, interior build quality and overall car is superb; I love everything about it. The power is very nice, holds its own against many of the cars out there. IMO this car is the total package.

If you guys want to see other car owners giving the IS 350 props, goto supraforums.com - almost everyone there wants to buy an IS.
Old 04-25-06, 07:56 PM
SeattLexus
Driver School Candidate

TOO FUNNY.

I have the same combination of cars.... hehehe
Old 04-25-06, 09:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by SeattLexus
TOO FUNNY.

I have the same combination of cars.... hehehe
well, smart people choose well and buy good cars
Old 04-27-06, 09:02 AM
Seattle350
Rookie

Actually, it's scary with the same color combo's too - way too funny - and you in Seattle too
Old 04-27-06, 09:25 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Seattle350
Just wait til the IS460....IS500 come out, BMW simply can not match Lexus's quality, reliability, durability, smoothness and overall power. The only thing BMW is superior over Lexus is it's perfectly tuned suspension's balance between handling and comfort.
Old 04-27-06, 09:53 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

...and sometimes, that's what it takes to sell a performance car to that population/market. BMW has that advantage and it will be difficult to find another automobile maker to match (and even exceed) their superiority.
Old 04-27-06, 12:09 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its just too bad that the ***** who edit and provoke anti japanese car hate in 'european car' and 'eurotuner' magazines cant open their eyes and see a good car regardless of the badge. I am one of the few who loves the way the new 3 looks [in certain colors anyway] and I wish that lexus would offer more color combinations the way bmw does [and that doesnt even get into the 'individual' program] . before long the 350 will NOT be a sleeper as anyone who had stepped into the throttle even a modest bit can tell you that thrust can kick much *** if you so desire.

Quick Reply: Interesting view from BMW owners...