IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My car has gone haywire =(

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-06 | 09:36 PM
Soda
Pole Position

My seats were moving up every time I got into the car for bout 2 mos one time then they just stopped. Everytime I'd open my door my seat would go ALL the way up! Then one day stopped and hasn't done it since.
Old 05-24-06 | 09:37 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Boy, now I'm glad I didn't get the ML option.
Old 05-28-06 | 09:04 PM
blkIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by Alex350
The problem with your ML is that the ML amplifier is defective and is going into "protect" mode. Amplifiers go into this mode when they overheat, power current is faulty, wrong wiring, etc. The reason why the ML system worked after you turned the car off and re-started it is because it resets the "protect" mode of the amplifier.

My ML had the same problem and because I spent several years messing around with sound systems, HIDs, alarms, etc I was able to troubleshoot it immediately. I took my car to the dealership and they checked the ML amp and found it faulty, so they ordered a new one and will install it as soon as it arrives!! I bet your car has the same problem as mine Hope this helps!!!

Mine just had the same problem with only 956 miles on it. I took it in and sure enough it is a defective ML amp. They have ordered another one and will be replacing mine when the new one comes in. Too bad that this has to happen on an upgraded stereo that was not cheap!
Old 06-06-06 | 10:10 PM
IS3FIDDY
Driver

Default Any replacement amp updates?

Has anyone who gotten a replacement ML amp had any further problems with the sound system shutting down again?

Please update us...thanks!

Ed
Old 12-20-06 | 06:02 PM
IS3FIDDY
Driver

Default I have this problem now...

Ok, I've read the posts, but why does it sound like people who are experiencing this problem have it start when the stereo is on for a while?

My sound sometimes doesn't even come on when I start the car...it's been happening more and more now, but not every time.

I thought it was my Vaistech unit, so I just sent it in the other day for a flash upgrade. Well, the problem happened again today! What the freak?

Is it just the amp problem?

Thanks,

Ed
Old 12-26-06 | 10:22 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

I am so sure that it has to do with the ASL correcting noise lvl and the amp can't take the increase. Mine shut off twice today at vol lvl 15. Today is 12-26-06.
Old 12-26-06 | 10:40 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

I created this thread roughly 8 months and 1 day ago and my ML didn't fail again UNTIL 2 days ago...

I was listening to a bootleg cd at about 30 (volume) and out of nowhere, the sound went caput. I knew right away it was the ML shutting down so I waited until I could get to a safe place and pulled over to shut the engine off. Turned it back on and the audio worked again. I'm guessing that this will happen again in the future and no matter how much I complain, I don't think Lexus will do anything to fix it.
Old 12-27-06 | 02:01 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Lexus warranty, as any other car manufacturer, will cover the breakdown of any part that fails under normal usage (wear items such as tires and batteries are normally excluded) . Both parts and labor costs will be covered, as long as the breakdown is not a result of misuse, accident, or lack of maintenance.

The consistent malfunction of your radio/cd equipment is a defect if you don't have the option to correct the problem manually (programing). They are legally obligated to honor the contract and warranty in your case.
Old 12-27-06 | 06:52 AM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by warrionex
Lexus warranty, as any other car manufacturer, will cover the breakdown of any part that fails under normal usage (wear items such as tires and batteries are normally excluded) . Both parts and labor costs will be covered, as long as the breakdown is not a result of misuse, accident, or lack of maintenance.

The consistent malfunction of your radio/cd equipment is a defect if you don't have the option to correct the problem manually (programing). They are legally obligated to honor the contract and warranty in your case.
The only problem with this, however, is that Lexus has to be able to replicate the problem. For intermittant problems such as this, they won't replace it if it is functioning correctly while they are testing it for problems.
Old 12-27-06 | 07:43 AM
eddo1
Driver

Ok, here's something different. My ML did the same thing, except it came back on a minute later with decreased treble and bass. The system responded very slowly to commands but will eventually change stations, turn off audio, etc. On top of that, the navigation went out - said external sensor/computer is not connected. The climate button told me to check the air conditioning unit - all A/C buttons were also frozen as well. Have anyone tried the other buttons when this happens? Of course, everything is back to normal the next morning. I've got it on my camera phone so I'll show that to the dealer during my 1st oil change.
Old 12-27-06 | 08:19 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 500000

Originally Posted by Reyngel
Boy, now I'm glad I didn't get the ML option.
Don't be glad... I have the ML option and have zero problems and it sounds awesome... Especially when watching 5.1 DD DVDs...
Old 12-27-06 | 08:20 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 500000

BTW, "master warning" light reminds me of the "master alarm" light in Apollo 13
Old 12-28-06 | 01:30 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Foxberry
The only problem with this, however, is that Lexus has to be able to replicate the problem. For intermittant problems such as this, they won't replace it if it is functioning correctly while they are testing it for problems.

¡ Agreed !
Old 12-29-06 | 03:22 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

If you don't want to stop but want to reset the entire system, just hit Display and tap just below the upper and lower bars on the left of the screen twice. Up - down - up - down, and you'll get the service menu the same as if you hold info and click the lights. Once you have it in service mode, hold display down for more than 3 seconds and the system will reboot.

I did this on a long road trip to get BT to cooperate when my phone made it angry. I definitely didn't want to pull off and restart the car to reboot. It works.
Old 12-29-06 | 04:52 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ultraseven
sure hope Lexus isn't learning from the German marques. As long as your car doesn't shut off for no apparent reason, you are safe
I hope Lexus isnt learnign from microsoft

I mean..reboot your car? Jesus, what is the world coming too. I hope Lexus deal with this problem

Quick Reply: My car has gone haywire =(