IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Ipod Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-06, 10:17 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats a proven to work kit for the ipod to integrate with NAVI/steering wheel controls?
Anyone know?
Old 04-28-06, 07:04 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dfw350
Whats a proven to work kit for the ipod to integrate with NAVI/steering wheel controls?
Anyone know?
You can close this thread with zero replies henceforth cause there is no proven integration kit as you described.
Old 05-09-06, 06:02 PM
glilly
Pole Position

I have a question concerning where you put the Ipod once it;s plugged into the AUX jack. I just bought a charger and cable, and didn't think about the problem of where to put the Ipod and still close the console lid. Is it safe to pinch the wires and have it closed (at least the Ipod doesn't move around). Also, with the charger, is it safe to leave it plugged in the lighter when the car is off (the charger still lights up)?

anyone, anyone?

Greg
Old 05-09-06, 08:01 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

I think if you look at the console, under the armrest handle, there is a slight depression where you put your fingers to get under the handle to open the armrest. I have noticed that if the cord is thin enough, there is just enough gap on the left and right edges of the depression to fit the cord through without pinching. I can get some pictures if this is not clear...
Old 05-10-06, 05:53 AM
glilly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS350_PHIL
I think if you look at the console, under the armrest handle, there is a slight depression where you put your fingers to get under the handle to open the armrest. I have noticed that if the cord is thin enough, there is just enough gap on the left and right edges of the depression to fit the cord through without pinching. I can get some pictures if this is not clear...
just to confirm, that would be great. It seems like the sliding armrest/console top does have a bit of "play" in it, I just didn't want to have it get loose, or leave a gap after time.

Also, on the charger question, ...when the car is off, so is the charger, so I guess it's ok to leave the charger plugged in all the time.

Greg
Old 05-10-06, 08:50 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 271 Likes on 240 Posts

Anyone know?
Although there isn't a kit on the market yet, you might want to contact Dension USA http://www.densionusa.com/ to express interest. Their IceLink was one of the first iPod integration kits to really work well. I know they have products for other Lexus vehicles, but nothing for the 2006 IS yet.
Old 05-10-06, 01:09 PM
trocade
Driver School Candidate

I bought a GRIFFIN- AIRCLICK DOCK CONNECTOR which is a rf remote so you can keep the ipod out of sight and still change songs and use play/pause.

Old 05-10-06, 03:39 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by trocade
I bought a GRIFFIN- AIRCLICK DOCK CONNECTOR which is a rf remote so you can keep the ipod out of sight and still change songs and use play/pause.

i'm about to buy an rf remote anyday now, got it narrowed down to 2 models...the airclick is one of them, when you have it plugged into the dock connector, how do you charge your ipod battery at the same time?
Old 05-11-06, 01:47 AM
trocade
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kensteele
i'm about to buy an rf remote anyday now, got it narrowed down to 2 models...the airclick is one of them, when you have it plugged into the dock connector, how do you charge your ipod battery at the same time?
You can either charge the ipod or have the airclick connected.

It doesn't bother me that much, I tried to charge and use the ipod at the same time but all that interference from the charger ....
Old 05-11-06, 09:44 AM
Jkeys
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know?
I just got information from the customer retention manager at the dealer I went to that there is something to fully integrate your iPod. It is called the "AVIC-110i Auxiliary input adapter with Apple iPod interface." Here is the product description.

"AVIC-100i maintains the full functionality of AVIC-100, replacing an uncontrolled channel. It allows you to integrate your Apple iPod directly into Toyota/Lexus OEM Audio/Navigation system. You can now listen and control your iPod through the vehicle's head unit and audio steering wheel controls. At the same time you will also have an uncontrolled Audio/Video input for devices such as a DVD player, Camcorder or Gaming System and a controlled Video channel dedicated for rearview or "Baby" camera."

I would think maybe one of CL's vendors could shed some light on this aswell. She quoted my something like $350 for the unit and install. It might have even been more.
Old 05-11-06, 09:55 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jkeys
I just got information from the customer retention manager at the dealer I went to that there is something to fully integrate your iPod. It is called the "AVIC-110i Auxiliary input adapter with Apple iPod interface." Here is the product description.

"AVIC-100i maintains the full functionality of AVIC-100, replacing an uncontrolled channel. It allows you to integrate your Apple iPod directly into Toyota/Lexus OEM Audio/Navigation system. You can now listen and control your iPod through the vehicle's head unit and audio steering wheel controls. At the same time you will also have an uncontrolled Audio/Video input for devices such as a DVD player, Camcorder or Gaming System and a controlled Video channel dedicated for rearview or "Baby" camera."

I would think maybe one of CL's vendors could shed some light on this aswell. She quoted my something like $350 for the unit and install. It might have even been more.
....alas, more vaporware.
Old 05-11-06, 04:10 PM
Fire Chief
Driver School Candidate

I found a unit with a part number similar to the one quoted above, but it was NOT for the 206 models. However, I found this one and am strongly considering it:

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundauxlex.html

Anyone tried this unit?
Old 05-11-06, 04:22 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

This is all old news. It's already been shown that an integrated solution exists for the 2IS.

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=290137