IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Good bye IS Community!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-06 | 07:20 PM
S L I C K
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2Fast0
dude, are u saying ur dealer never got any kind of IS in their inventory for the past 4 month?? why didn't u just take one of the ones they got. seriously, color is not that important. or maybe u had a special option u wanted......??
Why pay $45,000 and get a car that you didn't want?
Old 04-27-06 | 07:40 PM
LexAppeal
Rookie

dude, are u saying ur dealer never got any kind of IS in their inventory for the past 4 month?? why didn't u just take one of the ones they got. seriously, color is not that important. or maybe u had a special option u wanted......??

How can you say color is not important? The guys wanted a specific type of car, special ordered it, all the dealers give the song and dance about it taking 3-4 months. I feel for him.
Old 04-27-06 | 07:44 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by LexAppeal
How can you say color is not important? The guys wanted a specific type of car, special ordered it, all the dealers give the song and dance about it taking 3-4 months. I feel for him.
Absolutely! I would have taken a different color (within reason) if all the other options were the same, if that would have saved me 15 weeks.
Old 04-27-06 | 08:16 PM
CyberVlad
Driver School Candidate

Same thing happened to me. Ordered in mid-jan, was calling every month to check, was told everything is going as scheduled.

Last week called the sales person, she puts me through to the manager who tells me my order apparently "got lost in the system" and car was never built.
I am so pissed now!

Didn't expect that from lexus.

Mad and don't know what to do now.

I feel for you
Old 04-27-06 | 08:47 PM
ptmIS350
Rookie

Yeah man I'd be pissed, but thats the dealer that did that to you. Call Lexus and I bet they take care of it, find the car and get it out to you.
Old 04-27-06 | 09:58 PM
Tanster
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear that. I waited about 6 months on my IS350. The dealer screw up on my first order. Now...my sales guy finally gave me the vin number and hopefully have my speacial order car by the first week of May.
Old 04-28-06 | 04:07 AM
bhuwan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MatadorIS
You worked with Norwood, right? They are all liars at that dealership. They promised me $2K off an IS in November (matching another dealer) and said they had a Matador Red IS in stock to look at. After I drove there (about an hour away), they denied ever promising me the price and didn't have any IS in stock.
Srory to hear that - tey were quite nioce to me.
Old 04-28-06 | 04:09 AM
bhuwan
Pole Position

i dont have 42K to spend every year -- if im a going to buy a car, im buyin git with options that I want..
ML, Lux Package, Nav, etc. (everything except for PCS)

Sohence, special order was a must.
Old 04-28-06 | 04:10 AM
bhuwan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CyberVlad
Same thing happened to me. Ordered in mid-jan, was calling every month to check, was told everything is going as scheduled.

Last week called the sales person, she puts me through to the manager who tells me my order apparently "got lost in the system" and car was never built.
I am so pissed now!

Didn't expect that from lexus.

Mad and don't know what to do now.

I feel for you
damn damn
Old 04-28-06 | 04:38 AM
mkivbadger
Rookie

Originally Posted by bhuwan
i dont have 42K to spend every year -- if im a going to buy a car, im buyin git with options that I want..
ML, Lux Package, Nav, etc. (everything except for PCS)

Sohence, special order was a must.
Sorry to hear about your troubles....the package you describe sounds like the allocation package we get here in the Midwest...........if you're still interested...call Lexus of Lansing (Michigan), ask for Thom Kirby and see if there's a way they can do a dealer swap for you...if you go to the Lexus build website and put in the 48909 zip code and it will give you our areas available packages and make sure everything you want is listed in one of the luxury packages listed there....I think you may be able to do this without special ordering it (may have to be preferenced but not special ordered!)...good luck whatever you decide to do!
Old 04-28-06 | 05:07 AM
bhuwan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mkivbadger
Sorry to hear about your troubles....the package you describe sounds like the allocation package we get here in the Midwest...........if you're still interested...call Lexus of Lansing (Michigan), ask for Thom Kirby and see if there's a way they can do a dealer swap for you...if you go to the Lexus build website and put in the 48909 zip code and it will give you our areas available packages and make sure everything you want is listed in one of the luxury packages listed there....I think you may be able to do this without special ordering it (may have to be preferenced but not special ordered!)...good luck whatever you decide to do!
thanks! i took a look and there i s no mark levinson
Old 04-28-06 | 06:30 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

sorry to hear about your troubles, hope you work it out and find the car you need.

for everyone else potentially reading this post, you should learn from it and know that dealerships are not always being truthful and when you call to check it, you expect something more than a simple acknowledgement, whatever that might be. You should let them know that you are going to be very very angry if you don't get your car and you should let them know that it's not going to be pretty if you don't get what you asked for. Tell them "missing orders" misplaced order, system issues, and the like are not acceptable. We all can read about them here so we know the common excuses they can use. Tell them you already know the deal and they had been not repeat this too you later. I guarantee you he won't call you in 30 weeks and tell you "the order was lost."
Old 04-28-06 | 07:40 AM
bhuwan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kensteele
sorry to hear about your troubles, hope you work it out and find the car you need.

for everyone else potentially reading this post, you should learn from it and know that dealerships are not always being truthful and when you call to check it, you expect something more than a simple acknowledgement, whatever that might be. You should let them know that you are going to be very very angry if you don't get your car and you should let them know that it's not going to be pretty if you don't get what you asked for. Tell them "missing orders" misplaced order, system issues, and the like are not acceptable. We all can read about them here so we know the common excuses they can use. Tell them you already know the deal and they had been not repeat this too you later. I guarantee you he won't call you in 30 weeks and tell you "the order was lost."
The sad part is I was spekaing to another person from my.is and he had the same problem from the same dealership (ordered the same car, a montha fter me).....I'm contacting the owner and LExus Corp and will make sure this dealer shapes up.
Old 04-28-06 | 08:53 AM
mkivbadger
Rookie

Originally Posted by bhuwan
thanks! i took a look and there i s no mark levinson
Very odd as I ordered mine from Thom - Luxury/ML/No Nav which is the reason I had to special order as the only way ML was available is with the Nav system.............yikes.....
Old 04-28-06 | 09:00 AM
mkivbadger
Rookie

Default Michigan Packages

I just went to the www.lexus.com site and built an IS350 using the 48909 zip code.........there are 3 luxury packages listed and all three are showing the Mark Levinson stereo with the Navigation system...please look again...

Quick Reply: Good bye IS Community!