IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Good bye IS Community!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-06, 09:47 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bhuwan
The sad part is I was spekaing to another person from my.is and he had the same problem from the same dealership (ordered the same car, a montha fter me).....I'm contacting the owner and LExus Corp and will make sure this dealer shapes up.
Wow, what happened to you was horrible, the same thing happened to me back in the year 2000, when i ordered a Bmw, i waited 3 months for nothing.. If i were you, I'd call
lexus and complain, and I'd also demand they give me one at dealer cost! (good luck on that one, but its worth a try)
At the very least, put in complaints to lexus customer service, they wasted 3 months of
your time for nothing, and Im pretty sure there was no mistake made, they just sold
the car they ordered for you to someone that was willing to pay more for it..
Old 04-28-06, 10:10 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If I were you, I would ask for another comparable car that's acceptable to you at dealer cost (not invoice). I would also ask for a loaner until that car is delivered to you.
Old 04-28-06, 11:12 AM
SkydotCom
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by genearch
Sorry to hear about your situation. If Lexus is going to offer some sort of "Special order" process, they should at least do what BMW does.

1. Spec the car at the dealer, give deposit
2. Dealer orders the car and a week or two later you get a build # and access to the "owners circle"
3. Log into the "owners circle" and track it's build progress and even verify the colors and options.

All in all, it works well. The only complaint I've heard from other customers is that the web page is a bit late in updating. In my case it was running 3-4 days behind, others have said two weeks.

Back to your situation... I'd complain and see if you get anywhere. If you want an IS, by all means don't settle for another car.
I like your idea about getting the build# and all.

For those that calls in to check on their car and the dealers said its on its way. Try telling them to email the infomation to you. This way you have it in writing and could send the email to the Lexus Corp and complain about the dealership and the sales rep. Nothing better than having it in black and white.
Old 04-28-06, 12:16 PM
CyberVlad
Driver School Candidate

Well,

I called Lexus today about my special order that "got lost in the system" and they said that they could do nothing about it, just put it on dealership's record.

So I guess I need to move on and look around for other cars.

the whole situation blows!
Old 04-28-06, 12:25 PM
Airwolf
Driver School Candidate

Default My dealer was Fantastic

Sorry for the grief you had. My dealer here in San Diego was fantastic, treated me with respect, had cars in stock of all kinds 250s and 350s with cominations of features AND gave me a great deal. I walked in and drove out.
Old 04-28-06, 12:31 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bhuwan
The sad part is I was spekaing to another person from my.is and he had the same problem from the same dealership (ordered the same car, a montha fter me).....I'm contacting the owner and LExus Corp and will make sure this dealer shapes up.

youre wasting your time with lexus corporate regarding the dealer. trust me I had an issue with lexus of northborough. lexus did nothing. since youre in mass and you drove an hour to norwood why didnt you consider balise lexus in springfield. thats where I got mine. they are whatever the lexus top dealer rating is and its listed on the lexus website. [sorry I just got done eating and my brain is scrambled] . anyway when you come back to earth you should consider this dealer if you still want an IS. I am very happy with my experience with them and I got more than 2 grand off. pm me if you want the salesmans info.
Old 04-28-06, 05:50 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lost

Thats a bummer Bhuwan. I waited almost 5 months, ordered in Oct, arrived March 17, 06.
We almost started to consider a GS, were going to go look at one, but decided to wait another week. Yeah checking wouldn't have helped cause they (the dealer)usually don't know until its in port, or on boat if your lucky like Casey. we thought ours fell off the boat and the dealer was afraid to tell us.
Yeah its hard to settle for one you didn't specify. I would go to another dealer and order. The 350 is great ! I guess I will fill out my dealer survey tonight, I've been waiting for an issue. But none yet.
Go order another one, call Rock he'll take care of you
Old 04-28-06, 07:36 PM
bhuwan
Pole Position

there may be some good news -- i'll post back in a few days.
Old 04-28-06, 07:46 PM
glilly
Pole Position

to you guys whom have lost thier place for special order care, ...have you looke dat other dealerships in other parts of the country? I'm in the southern regionwhere we have no Sport packages, and was forced with the same long wait. However, i found a dealer in Eugene, OR that has Sport package equipped cars either in stock or on the way and unspoken for. I'm only waiting a couple weeks, although i have to pay for shipping halfway across the country. But did I mention they gave a heavy discount under MSRP? PM me if you want more info. Don't give up, these cars look to be amazing.

Greg
Old 04-28-06, 09:29 PM
ZOOBS350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2Fast0
dude, are u saying ur dealer never got any kind of IS in their inventory for the past 4 month?? why didn't u just take one of the ones they got. seriously, color is not that important. or maybe u had a special option u wanted......??
Color is probably the most important thing to me in the car that I choose. If it came down to sacrificing color for time..i would wait
Old 04-28-06, 10:20 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

I agree with gilly. I did not want to wait for a special order on my car in Houston (plus no one in Texas is really dealing) so I called around and ended up getting a car from Kuni Lexus in Littleton CO. They had a ton of 250's and 350' s with assorted packages on the lot waiting for a good home.

Here is a picture of the row of x50's and there were a few more scattered around. I counted 13 in all...

So definately call around. You may get enough off to offset the shipping costs and then some...