IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

MP3 CD Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-06, 07:11 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vApor21
they probably are .wma format instead of mp3 format.. Even though it has a .mp3 extension.. try renaming it as ____.wma and then use a convertor to convert it into .mp3 and try burning it again.
I have songs that are in wma format and my player reads it fine. I also notice that there's a little sticker (beneath the cd slot) that says the player reads MP3 & WMA. I have ML though so I dunno if that's different from the stock system?

Originally Posted by RealNinjuz

I dont see the point of adding folders to your discs. Just edit the file format so that the songs are in the numerical order that you want and then burn them.
I like making folders because I categorize my music according to category (pop, R&B, etc). If all of my songs are just in one huge list, I wouldn't be able to play my music according to mood (happy=trance, sad=love songs, etc).
Old 05-17-06, 12:40 AM
liverichly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear the basic radio/CD player plays MP3 CD's, won't have to borrow my girlfriends pink iPod to avoid having dozens of CDs.
Old 05-17-06, 07:08 AM
CarDudeRI
Rookie

I cannot get mine to play wma formatted songs... it bascially skips over any wma song and plays the next mp3 it can find on the disk. doesn't seem like anyone else is experiencing this? for anyone playing wma's... do you have a mix of mp3's on the same disk, or do you keep wma's separate from mp3's?

also, this may be seem stupid but, a buddy of mine has the 2IS without Nav, and he has a mute button for the stereo... I have Nav, but there's no mute button that i can find anywhere - what gives?
Old 05-17-06, 07:21 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CarDudeRI
I cannot get mine to play wma formatted songs... it bascially skips over any wma song and plays the next mp3 it can find on the disk. doesn't seem like anyone else is experiencing this? for anyone playing wma's... do you have a mix of mp3's on the same disk, or do you keep wma's separate from mp3's?

also, this may be seem stupid but, a buddy of mine has the 2IS without Nav, and he has a mute button for the stereo... I have Nav, but there's no mute button that i can find anywhere - what gives?
no problem playing mixed mp3/wma here. The mute button is nice to have but not really necessary--just turn it off with the pwr button.
Old 05-17-06, 09:18 AM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jlin101
no problem playing mixed mp3/wma here. The mute button is nice to have but not really necessary--just turn it off with the pwr button.
The only problem I have with that is when you turn the radio back on, you have that gap where the CD has to load the song again...
Old 05-17-06, 10:44 AM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

glad everyone elses is working . . . i use MP3s a lot
Old 05-17-06, 11:21 AM
IS350_F1
Driver School Candidate

Is this the same behavior with any and all mp3 cds you make? I just duplicated your setup 3-4 folders... one folder with 100 files, the others with 5-15 files and a lone single file on the root level.
All of my music is at 320kbps or at least 96kbps translation small moderate files to medium size for space reasons on disc. I use quality cdrs Maxell or Memorex or higer grade depending on which i happen to grab at the time. My non nav system does not skip over or misread any of my non standard audio discs. My mp3 discs play well on all PCs and my cd players in the house. Do you know anyone else that cannot play your mp3 disc in their car--- preferably a 2gen IS owner?
Old 05-18-06, 04:09 AM
cleblanc
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS250-AWD
When pressing the TEXT button on the player console it shows the cd number, folder name, artist, song title and more, in sequential order by pressing the text button.

When I first tried the mp3 function I put all the files on the cd with no folders so I could use the RANDOM feature of the player. I soon found out that by holding the RANDOM button (1) down for a few seconds it would play random songs through out the cd, no matter how many folders I have. Nice.
I just bought the ES350 with the gen 5 Nav and there is no Text button. Therefore I cannot see the artist, song title, album, genre from the Detail Display screen. The screen is there but cannot be accessed while the car is moving. The only way to access it is to hit a Folder List button first which greyed out while the car is moving.
Anyone with the Nav on the IS model have this same problem?
Old 05-18-06, 08:18 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cleblanc
I just bought the ES350 with the gen 5 Nav and there is no Text button. Therefore I cannot see the artist, song title, album, genre from the Detail Display screen. The screen is there but cannot be accessed while the car is moving. The only way to access it is to hit a Folder List button first which greyed out while the car is moving.
Anyone with the Nav on the IS model have this same problem?
I have the 2IS and I have the same problem. I don't see a "text" button. However, I CAN see details of the song (when I hit the detail button) like artist, song title, etc even while the car is moving. It is not greyed out like yours. Only other thing that I wish I can see is the actual song list in each folder while the car is moving. I can only see the folder button and I'm only able to scroll from one folder to another but I cannot see the folder detail.
Old 05-18-06, 09:55 AM
cleblanc
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
I have the 2IS and I have the same problem. I don't see a "text" button. However, I CAN see details of the song (when I hit the detail button) like artist, song title, etc even while the car is moving. It is not greyed out like yours. Only other thing that I wish I can see is the actual song list in each folder while the car is moving. I can only see the folder button and I'm only able to scroll from one folder to another but I cannot see the folder detail.
Are you saying that you have a 'Details' button while the car is moving. That is my problem. I am missing this button. It is buried under the Folder List screen and the 'Folder List' button is greyed out. I think it is missing from the main screen. I don't know if this was intentional or not since the manual does not show a details button for the Nav option the way the show a details screen for the non-Nav version by pressing the 'Text' button. I think this is a bug somewhere. I cannot see any logical reason to deny displaying song information while the vehicle is in motion.
Old 05-18-06, 10:07 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cleblanc
Are you saying that you have a 'Details' button while the car is moving. That is my problem. I am missing this button. It is buried under the Folder List screen and the 'Folder List' button is greyed out. I think it is missing from the main screen. I don't know if this was intentional or not since the manual does not show a details button for the Nav option the way the show a details screen for the non-Nav version by pressing the 'Text' button. I think this is a bug somewhere. I cannot see any logical reason to deny displaying song information while the vehicle is in motion.
Sorry, I was mistaken w/my previous post. Today, I played around with it and discovered that the "folder list" button is greyed out while the car is in motion. But when I come to a stop, I can press on it and choose to view "folder" or "file". If I choose folder, it shows me all the folders I have on that cd. And on the bottom right hand side, it shows the "details" button. If I depress "details", it'll show me the list of songs in that folder.

If I choose "file" and hit details, it shows me the current song's details (genre, artist, etc). I can only do all of this when the car is not moving. If it's moving, everything is greyed out.
Old 05-29-22, 01:09 PM
jdmvip
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys the problem may be a media problem, bitrate, but perhaps that they are using ID3 2.4 if it's not supported in your firmware in my experience which is posted here: https://realtechtalk.com/MP3s_Wont_P...-2413-articles

I wasted several CD-Rs until I figured out the above, in my case it would cycle through the entire disc, file by file but never play. Once I removed the ID3 2.4 tags everything was all good. I thought it was an issue with media, the burner, or session/track type and spent hours until I got it going.

I just removed the ID3 2.4 tags and things have been all good ever since. Hope this helps!