IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

omg i cant Believe my ears : Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-06 | 02:39 PM
KuyaPatz
Pit Crew

Default omg i cant Believe my ears : Spoiler

Went to the dealership today to get my wheels clearbra protectiong etc etc one and i asked about putting a poiler on and heres what they told me....

to get a spoiler and get it installed both the dealer and the parts dept sed it was gonna cost 995!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOLLARS WTH

is that right!??@?@?!?
Old 04-29-06 | 02:44 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

yep - dealers charge a ton. honda spoilers are something like 700 bucks.
Old 04-29-06 | 02:45 PM
Enclenta
Rookie

All automotive parts installed by the dealer are generally very expensive...
Old 04-29-06 | 03:47 PM
maz
Lead Lap

Dealers make most of their money from service and parts.
Old 04-29-06 | 04:06 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by KuyaPatz
Went to the dealership today to get my wheels clearbra protectiong etc etc one and i asked about putting a poiler on and heres what they told me....

to get a spoiler and get it installed both the dealer and the parts dept sed it was gonna cost 995!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOLLARS WTH

is that right!??@?@?!?
i just had my spoiler put on today..i ordered it off of ebay from sewell lexus (lexus oem spoiler)and got it for $169 with shipping..and went to a mod shop today and had it installed for $75 and they did a perfect job.so for everything it only cost me $244
i would recommend doing this instead of paying the dealer 1000$

Last edited by CaThaFeR; 04-29-06 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-29-06 | 04:53 PM
is350WHT
Rookie

The charge if the spoiler is installed at port is about $355 or close to that. My car didn't come with the spoiler so I had the dealer install it, $375. Counting the tax, it came out to the same (+- few dollars) as I did not pay tax on the labor portion of the dealer install.

Should follow the member's advice to buy the part and ask a body shop to install it. Actually, my dealer had a body shop install the spoiler anyways.
Old 04-29-06 | 05:01 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

I bought a spoiler for my Toyota Highlander off ebay a few years ago. It came painted and is identical to the factory one. Been 3 years now and no paint fad or anything. I paid less than $200 painted and shipped.

With spoilers dont buy from the dealer its such a rip-off. Find a after market company like I did. You give them your paint code and they send it to you painted. Cant beat that.
Old 04-29-06 | 07:12 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

I ordered a factory spoiler from a guy on the board who works in the parts department of a Lexus dealer. Paid $190 shipped. Just installed it myself about 3 hours ago. It is a very easy install if you have all the tools. I had to go to O'Rielly and got one of those trim button pullers, but I had everything else. The scary part is using the center punch and drilling LARGE holes in your trunk lid (2 12mm and 1 8mm). Talk about measure twice, cut once, I measured about 30 times! Anyway if you want to save some bucks and are the least bit tool literate, you can install it yourself...
Old 04-29-06 | 08:20 PM
jphipps
Driver School Candidate

The dealer I bought my car from (Lexus of Roseville) quoted me a price of $550 installed, try calling around to a few of the dealers in your area and see if they are more reasonable. At least that way if something goes wrong, they are responsible ................
Old 04-29-06 | 08:21 PM
Turkoman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS350_PHIL
The scary part is using the center punch and drilling LARGE holes in your trunk lid (2 12mm and 1 8mm).
I think your graphic description of what needs to be done for the spoiler install just tilted my decision about it to not getting it. Me or the dealer are not violating my baby's trunk like that.
Old 04-29-06 | 09:24 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

The spoiler looks great on the 2IS. Nice and subtle. If you do not want neither you nor the dealership to install it, take it to a body shop. They should be able to do it easily and well.
Old 04-29-06 | 09:34 PM
KuyaPatz
Pit Crew

So any suggestions to the best website for GENUINE lexus parts online?
Old 04-29-06 | 09:39 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

So any suggestions to the best website for GENUINE lexus parts online?
sewell lexus sells on ebay..i would suggest getting the spoiler with them as their buy it now price is $188..i got mine through them in a auction for $157
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-G...spagenameZWDVW

or you can go to their normal site lexus-parts.com

darrell at sewell is awesome..very nice and they have great prices on factory parts
Old 04-29-06 | 11:03 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

is that right!??@?@?!?

It is not far off when comparing with my local Lex blood suckers' quote. My friend got a quote for around $750, and he took it! One thing made my pal to break his piggy bank for the dealer spoiler and labor is because they guaranty the workmanship and treat the spoiler as a part of the original body, so my friend have no worry color mismatch or felt-off due to crappy labor.

I know that price is a lot just for a $200 thing you can get it from Ebay and do it yourself. Try go back to the salesman who sold you the car and see if he still rember he/she own you one more favorit.

Last edited by josephdoc; 04-29-06 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-29-06 | 11:30 PM
KuyaPatz
Pit Crew

Red face

Originally Posted by josephdoc
It is not far off when comparing with my local Lex blood suckers' quote. My friend got a quote for around $750, and he took it! One thing made my pal to break his piggy bank for the dealer spoiler and labor is because they guaranty the workmanship and treat the spoiler as a part of the original body, so my friend have no worry color mismatch or felt-off due to crappy labor.

I know that price is a lot just for a $200 thing you can get it from Ebay and do it yourself. Try go back to the salesman who sold you the car and see if he still rember he/she own you one more favorit.
ya totally agree with you, thats why i went back to the dealer. its just ...... i dont know if its worth 1k lol welp. better get backing to saving some money lol

Quick Reply: omg i cant Believe my ears : Spoiler