IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Need your help with a beeping alarm noise and a moon roof problem!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-06, 01:59 PM
Auxkoos
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your help with a beeping alarm noise and a moon roof problem!!!!!!!!

I just bought a 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD and I have couple of questions that the dealer could not help me out with, I am new to this web, so I figure people could help me out here:

1. Is there a way to disable the warning beeping alarm / noise, when the door is open and the car is running?

See, what happens is:
When I park my car, I guess I am in such a rush that I think I keep opening the door first and then turning my car off. So, the beeping alarm keeps dinging. So, then I think I have left a light on or something and I go crazy looking for the problem. Not thinking is just the door. So, I am guessing there is a way to turn this beeping alarm off for the door?

2. Is there a way to close the moon roof automatically, when you are locking the car doors?

See, what happens is:
I keep forgetting to close the moon roof while it’s open or tilted, and then I exit the vehicle, after I turn the car off and the door alarm sound comes on, while the car is off.
I know you could customize the features for the moon roof to open while opening the doors, is there a way to get it to close the moon roof while locking the car?
The dealer said no, because it’s a safety issue. Some ones head could be between it. Now, please what’s the chance of that?

Thank you in advance for all your helps.
Old 04-30-06, 03:06 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are not problems with Lexus or problems with this particular car. This is your personal problem.

The car is new to you and you have to get used to doing the tasks that you want done. It's a repetitive task that humans have to adapt to. Sooner or later, you won't be so easily fooled by the simple chimes. Pretty soon, it will become routine for you to reach up and simply turn the **** right before you punch the OFF button. If you can't get this down in about a month or two, for you I would say give it an additional month or two more....then after that you may want to consider getting rid of the car since apparently it's not working out.
Old 05-02-06, 12:25 AM
Auxkoos
Driver School Candidate

I am not saying these are Lexus problems or my problems, all I am asking for is if there is any way around them.

Like my seat belt alarm kep going off and after reading on this site I did the steps and got rid of the seat belt warning alarm.

So, I was thinking, maybe there is a way to go around the door alarm and closing the moon roof?

Can any one help me out?
Old 05-02-06, 12:03 PM
zomg!11
Rookie

Originally Posted by Auxkoos
1. Is there a way to disable the warning beeping alarm / noise, when the door is open and the car is running?

See, what happens is:
When I park my car, I guess I am in such a rush that I think I keep opening the door first and then turning my car off. So, the beeping alarm keeps dinging. So, then I think I have left a light on or something and I go crazy looking for the problem. Not thinking is just the door. So, I am guessing there is a way to turn this beeping alarm off for the door?
Sorry I don't have an answer but I too find this "feature" annoying as hell. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so dang loud and ear piercing. If you find out how to turn it off I'd like to know too.
Old 05-02-06, 02:11 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

The beeping isn't really a problem for me, but I would love to have my moonroof close when I lock the car!!
Old 05-02-06, 02:16 PM
Auxkoos
Driver School Candidate

So, I guess there are other people just like me.

If there is any one out there that could help, please write back
Thank you all
Old 05-02-06, 04:27 PM
FastGirl
Driver School Candidate

I hate anything that beeps.
Old 05-02-06, 07:24 PM
RCPiercy
Driver

Isn't an auto closing sunroof a safety issue? Lexus probably doesn't want to deal with lawsuits. Like a stupid kid is hanging out of a sunroof when you lock the doors, or you leave your dog in there with the roof open for air and when you lock the doors you come back to a moist solar-oven baked dog. Same deal with the windows. Bottom line, they'd rather your interior be flooded from an open sunroof and charge you 10K to replace the leather than pay Bobby's ER bill and you pain and suffering for Spike's untimely death.
Old 05-02-06, 09:42 PM
Auxkoos
Driver School Candidate

ur right.
That is what the Lexus dealership told me.

Buy there most be away. Come on now, i know some one knows out there
Old 05-02-06, 09:45 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RCPiercy
Isn't an auto closing sunroof a safety issue? Lexus probably doesn't want to deal with lawsuits. Like a stupid kid is hanging out of a sunroof when you lock the doors, or you leave your dog in there with the roof open for air and when you lock the doors you come back to a moist solar-oven baked dog. Same deal with the windows. Bottom line, they'd rather your interior be flooded from an open sunroof and charge you 10K to replace the leather than pay Bobby's ER bill and you pain and suffering for Spike's untimely death.
Doesn't the sunroof have a pressure sensor on it so it doesn't close on anything?
Old 05-03-06, 12:13 AM
ryan126
Driver School Candidate

I too find the door chime annoying. There must be a way to turn it off.
Old 05-04-06, 10:29 AM
Auxkoos
Driver School Candidate

Once again, does any one know how to turn off the door alarm sound?
I found out how to turn off the seatbelt sound here on this site. Some one has to know how to turn off the door sound now?

Come on, help out!
Old 05-04-06, 11:55 AM
RCPiercy
Driver

Find out from where the sound is coming and spray water at it / take a hammer to it.
Old 05-04-06, 12:33 PM
joeke
Driver School Candidate

I think the door alarm is connected to the button in the door opening, because if the door is open and you push that button the noise stops, maybe someone has to open it to see how many wires they are,
Attached Thumbnails Need your help with a beeping alarm noise and a moon roof problem!!!!!!!!-lexus-800.jpg  
Old 05-06-06, 10:12 AM
Auxkoos
Driver School Candidate

I am telling you, there most be a way to over write the alarm, just like the seat belt alarm.

Some one has to know?

Maybe a tech person that works for Lexus? Maybe a mechanic?

There most be a way to get rid of the sound without cutting a wire or bashing it with a hammer as one person suggested. This is a computer system and for every computer system, there is a way to go around thing. (Not placing water over it, as some one else said, LOL).

Please some one help out?

Quick Reply: Need your help with a beeping alarm noise and a moon roof problem!!!!!!!!