IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Searching dealer stock

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-06, 11:29 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Searching dealer stock

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't find tools for searching dealer stock, either at the dealer level or on Lexus.com. I've found this very helpful with other brands, since I can find the exact car I want and deal from there.

Do Lexus dealers (and the Lexus website nationally) not offer this?
Old 05-02-06, 12:00 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't find tools for searching dealer stock, either at the dealer level or on Lexus.com. I've found this very helpful with other brands, since I can find the exact car I want and deal from there.

Do Lexus dealers (and the Lexus website nationally) not offer this?
From lexus.com, you can get a general feel of what models are available/allocated when you give your ZIP code and see which options come up. If a particular option/combo doesn't come up, then you'll know you might have a harder time finding that particular configuration.

Other than that, that's all I know of. Maybe someone else more deeply involved with NA Lexus can chime in here.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 05-02-06, 12:58 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kermee
From lexus.com, you can get a general feel of what models are available/allocated when you give your ZIP code and see which options come up. If a particular option/combo doesn't come up, then you'll know you might have a harder time finding that particular configuration.

Other than that, that's all I know of. Maybe someone else more deeply involved with NA Lexus can chime in here.

Cheers,
Kermee
Thanks, Kermee. I did that (in the Build Your Lexus section), and it just offers up an inquiry form to contact the dealer it lists. I still don't see anything that hints at availability.

I called my Lexus salesperson and he told me:

1. Only about 10% of IS production is 350's, and that

2. He has only "2 or 3" in stock.

Of course, he says he can get whatever I want, but this is a big Lexus dealer in Dallas, and if he doesn't have but 2 or 3 I doubt I can get exactly what I want. I vowed years ago never to order another car (it's too painful), so it ain't lookin' good ...

Am I looking in the wrong place on the website?
Old 05-02-06, 01:05 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike? Is that you from FA?

If it is and you do get an IS, it'll be nice having you on this board.
Old 05-02-06, 01:05 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The dealer usually has a list of what vehicles they have in stock. They also have a list that will have all vehicles that their region is getting. So maybe you can ask your dealer to show you the list.
Old 05-02-06, 01:17 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by al503
Mike? Is that you from FA?

If it is and you do get an IS, it'll be nice having you on this board.
Yep, al, it's me. Thanks. (Just don't ask me about shopping carts. )

I'm looking pretty hard at the IS350 as a "second car" to my M45, but I don't seem to be making much headway so far!
Old 05-02-06, 01:20 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pocky
The dealer usually has a list of what vehicles they have in stock. They also have a list that will have all vehicles that their region is getting. So maybe you can ask your dealer to show you the list.
Thanks, pocky. I'm about to go out of the country for a couple of weeks, and I'll get with them when I get back. I was kinda hoping to maybe go ahead and get an '06 instead of waiting for the '07's, but I'm beginning to wonder if they're be many in stock after this month! I might be waiting until November ...
Old 05-02-06, 01:23 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, al, it's me. Thanks. (Just don't ask me about shopping carts. )

I'm looking pretty hard at the IS350 as a "second car" to my M45, but I don't seem to be making much headway so far!
I guess I'm real lucky. I just need to give my salesperson 8-10 days notice and he said that they will either have it or they can get it. Good luck on the search. You might try out of your area as some have had good luck in that direction.
Old 05-02-06, 01:48 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

My dealer has a new inventory search on their web site, but when I went to buy my IS from them I discovered it was seriously out-of-date. Seems to be an industry trend to remove that kind of info from the manufacturer website; When I was looking at the G35, I could search infiniti.com for dealer inventories on cars similar to the one i "built", a few months later when I was looking at the M45, I noticed that Infiniti removed that feature from their site.
Old 05-02-06, 02:50 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by al503
I guess I'm real lucky. I just need to give my salesperson 8-10 days notice and he said that they will either have it or they can get it. Good luck on the search. You might try out of your area as some have had good luck in that direction.
Yeah, I just miss being able to browse the inventory and know ahead of time what they have. Leaving it to the salesman kinda gives him the upper hand, since he controls the info.

Maybe more inportantly, it looks to me like there aren't enough IS350's available right now to allow me to do any real dealing. And I hate it when they say, "Well, these are pretty exclusive cars, so we don't have access to many and we won't be able to discount them much." Aaaaargggh!

I know the General Mgr. of one of the biggest Infiniti dealers in the country and I may just end up with one of the new G35's if I have to wait until the Fall.

And, Bichon, you're right! Infiniti has removed the inventory search from their website! I used it last year to direct my dealer to the M45 I wanted at another dealership (where they made a trade).
Old 05-02-06, 06:19 PM
Frisco
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike you probably won't find a good deal in the DFW area. I went with Kuni in Littleton Co. I'm supposed to pick it up next week. I got a pretty good deal there.
Old 05-02-06, 06:49 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Frisco
Mike you probably won't find a good deal in the DFW area. I went with Kuni in Littleton Co. I'm supposed to pick it up next week. I got a pretty good deal there.
Colorado? Wow. Thanks for the tip, though.

I've bought 2 LS's and an RX from Sewell in Dallas, and figured they would be as competitive as anyone. But maybe not!
Old 05-03-06, 04:23 AM
darrelld
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Colorado? Wow. Thanks for the tip, though.

I've bought 2 LS's and an RX from Sewell in Dallas, and figured they would be as competitive as anyone. But maybe not!
I got a 2K off sticker deal from both Sewell and Park Place. I ordered my IS350 back in Nov 05 from Park Place and waited 4 months for delivery.