IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus Key Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-06, 08:50 PM
acsan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, I completely understand and have no problems supporting our club sponsors, however, if it's a product that none of them offers/sells for example, I don't see why a group buy should be prohibited.

Anyway, that's just my opinion...like I said earlier though, I've got no problem purchasing products from our sponsors.
Old 05-02-06, 09:13 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by acsan
You know, I completely understand and have no problems supporting our club sponsors, however, if it's a product that none of them offers/sells for example, I don't see why a group buy should be prohibited..
If they don't carry a product, ask them to!

Not to take this thread off topic (PM me if you want to continue) but there are a very good reasons for this rule.

1) We used to allow this but there were issues with vendors who didn't come through with the goods. Many GBs on 'new' products are from 'new' companies who don't have their business figured out yet. We've also honestly had this problem (once in particular) with an approved CL vendor who had a startup business and it took an amazing amount of time and effort to get our members taken care of. We've further tightened our CL vendor screening as a result.

So now we focus on GBs from established companies who have a track record taking care of our members and offering them good prices. It's not worth the risk to our members to allow onesey-twoseys or potential fly-by-night vendors who don't have a vested interest in a long term relationship with CL and our membership.

2) It is also unfair to both Club Lexus and our sponsors to allow vendors who do not support us to profit from solicitation and advertising on this forum. Our vendors pay every month to keep CL up and running for all of us to enjoy.
Old 05-03-06, 10:31 AM
zomg!11
Rookie

Could one of CL's club sponsors please please please start selling this leather smart key holder because I really want one. I HATE buying stuff off ebay. I mean, I really really hate ebay and paypal and all that. I got conned BIG TIME once on there. Never again.
Old 05-03-06, 10:46 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll have final pricing for you next week based on 50 sets of the Key Glove fro CL members. Japan is on holiday for "Golden Week" so hopefully will know something by next Tuesday
Old 05-03-06, 11:24 AM
charlesmsn
Driver

Originally Posted by RCPiercy
I just bought the one on eBay and I probably won't get my car until Aug. Oh well, at least I'll have something to play with besides the color swatches in the brochure.
lol. i remember reading that brochure religiously before i got my 2is...
Old 05-03-06, 12:26 PM
acsan
Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
If they don't carry a product, ask them to!

Not to take this thread off topic (PM me if you want to continue) but there are a very good reasons for this rule.

1) We used to allow this but there were issues with vendors who didn't come through with the goods. Many GBs on 'new' products are from 'new' companies who don't have their business figured out yet. We've also honestly had this problem (once in particular) with an approved CL vendor who had a startup business and it took an amazing amount of time and effort to get our members taken care of. We've further tightened our CL vendor screening as a result.

So now we focus on GBs from established companies who have a track record taking care of our members and offering them good prices. It's not worth the risk to our members to allow onesey-twoseys or potential fly-by-night vendors who don't have a vested interest in a long term relationship with CL and our membership.

2) It is also unfair to both Club Lexus and our sponsors to allow vendors who do not support us to profit from solicitation and advertising on this forum. Our vendors pay every month to keep CL up and running for all of us to enjoy.

Thanks Dave! Good to know our sponsors do listen to us...I just saw Steve's post from Carson about their efforts to help out.
Old 05-03-06, 12:28 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

I bought two of them from the eBay guy..........

$13.50 each shipped is not bad......I'm sure the dealer would be charging $24.95 for them.....His email if you want to go direct is civic_hbsir@hotmail.com

Last edited by unit74; 05-03-06 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-03-06, 01:00 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by SolaraToIS
Where are these in eBay, I only find key remotes?
It's there. you just need to search for lexus leather key.
Old 05-03-06, 01:08 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by charlesmsn
lol. i remember reading that brochure religiously before i got my 2is...
Haha, me too. I had 3 copies of it. One at work, one in my car , and one in my bathroom
Old 05-03-06, 01:09 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by Payam
Haha, me too. I had 3 copies of it. One at work, one in my car , and one in my bathroom
Bathroom is the best place to stare and play with the color swatches.
Old 05-03-06, 03:58 PM
IS_altezza
Rookie

i just got mines today

Old 05-03-06, 04:19 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

You get yours from that eBay guy?
Old 05-03-06, 04:49 PM
IS_altezza
Rookie

yup yup

Originally Posted by unit74
You get yours from that eBay guy?
Old 05-03-06, 08:12 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi IS_altezza,

How soft and what material do they use for the inside of the key glove? Mind if you take a picture?

Thanks
Old 05-03-06, 08:46 PM
s1ick
Driver School Candidate

So do you like the glove? Can you put other keys on it or just the fob? I’ve been talking to the manufacturer in Taiwan via e-mail. If you buy 500 pieces they’re only $2.50 each, I really don’t need that many.  I finally got them to so a small run with a $35 setup fee, but they would need to ship to Hong Kong….. Long story short…. I think I’ll give the eBay guy a try.

Quick Reply: Lexus Key Gloves