IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus Key Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-06, 10:59 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup sure did... Is that where you ordered your car from? mine was sittin on the lot... i wasnt even ready to buy. I just wanted to test drive the 250 manual but they didnt have any and for some reason I walked out of dealer with the 350. who knows...
Old 05-04-06, 11:17 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
Yup sure did... Is that where you ordered your car from? mine was sittin on the lot... i wasnt even ready to buy. I just wanted to test drive the 250 manual but they didnt have any and for some reason I walked out of dealer with the 350. who knows...
Uh huh, you know your secret intentions were to get a 350.

Anyways, back onto topic. For you guys that have keys attached, aren't you guys afraid to scratch the Lexus fob?
Old 05-05-06, 12:08 AM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pocky

Anyways, back onto topic. For you guys that have keys attached, aren't you guys afraid to scratch the Lexus fob?
I thought about that and put a couple of those mini supermarket bar code thingies (very descriptive I know) between the keys and the fob. Of course even if it gets scratched, I hardly ever take the thing out of my pocket unless I am unlocking the door to my house. Another reason I love this car, no more fumbling with keys in my bleary morning state!
Old 05-05-06, 06:42 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got my key gloves yesterday from Paul. they are awesome. thanks Paul!
Old 05-05-06, 07:16 AM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pocky
Sorry OT response: Oh ya I dont think I would have gotten the 250 I'm a HP freak so it most likely would have been the 350 or nothing but I still wanted to try the 250 manual since I came from a manual car and still have a SMG. I dont like the lazyness of autos and the TQ converter. Even now I can see the lazyness of the transmission. It will not hold the gear properly... if I try to hold it in 3rd it varies a range of almost 1000 rpms (* ex. on the gas it can be at 4K and off the gas just engine braking it can be down to 3000 rpms, Hehe not to bash on the tranny but one more thing... the paddle shifters work but when you're on the gas a little harder and you want to change gears it wont. I'll hold the gear till I lift off the gas. With a true manual and SMG it change once you hit the paddle no matter how hard you are on the gas. But with the 350 no choice... and I didnt want the G35 anymore since its a outoging style and theres too many on the road.
Old 05-05-06, 08:05 AM
charlesmsn
Driver

does anyone else think that the pin that actually holds the key is too long?

i know it's good for putting your other keys or supermarket cards on, but i liked the original covers because they're "skin-tight" and don't make for an uncomfortable fit in my pocket.

also, isn't the case a bit too long? it extends about half an inch longer than the actual remote. perhaps it was originally for a longer remote?

and for those who are thinking about cutting down the pin to make it shorter, DON'T. if you examine it closely, you'll see that the threading in the shaft only goes about 4 mm deep. so if you cut it down you'll make the pin worthless.

Last edited by charlesmsn; 05-05-06 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-05-06, 11:51 AM
Blahzay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by car_lost
i got my key gloves yesterday from Paul. they are awesome. thanks Paul!
Did the ones from Paul end up having the Lexus logo on them? Can't wait to get mine...
Old 05-05-06, 11:59 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blahzay
Did the ones from Paul end up having the Lexus logo on them? Can't wait to get mine...
yes they did.
Old 05-05-06, 12:19 PM
mszatny
Driver School Candidate

Be careful! The holding pin was pretty long and somehow got twisted in my pocket and broke. I was able to remove the broken "male" piece from the "female" piece and re-assemble. So now there is a much tighter fit. I'll have to see how durable the pin assembly is now.

MS
Old 05-05-06, 01:13 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by charlesmsn
does anyone else think that the pin that actually holds the key is too long?

i know it's good for putting your other keys or supermarket cards on, but i liked the original covers because they're "skin-tight" and don't make for an uncomfortable fit in my pocket.

also, isn't the case a bit too long? it extends about half an inch longer than the actual remote. perhaps it was originally for a longer remote?

and for those who are thinking about cutting down the pin to make it shorter, DON'T. if you examine it closely, you'll see that the threading in the shaft only goes about 4 mm deep. so if you cut it down you'll make the pin worthless.
i got my gloves yesterday and i thought the same thing..the pin is too long..i was wondering if the threading for the screw went all the way down..i'm glad you posted it doesnt because i was going to clip it shorter
i think i'm going to buy a different pin for it
Old 05-06-06, 01:09 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

I agree and think the pin is tooooooo long. It must be to add keys to or something. I think the leather case is too big also. Oh well, I'm using them for the time being. Keeping my sleeves in case I decide I really can't stand them. I tried keeping the sleeve on and just adding the leather case but it had a hard time snapping shut so I took the sleeve off.
Old 05-09-06, 09:23 AM
casey225
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SUPRATRD
I'll have final pricing for you next week based on 50 sets of the Key Glove fro CL members. Japan is on holiday for "Golden Week" so hopefully will know something by next Tuesday
Just wanted to bump this to see if we have any update, since, I missed out on the first "group buy".
Old 05-09-06, 01:15 PM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by casey225
Just wanted to bump this to see if we have any update, since, I missed out on the first "group buy".
I'm working on it!
Old 05-09-06, 05:01 PM
casey225
Pole Position

Cool, I'm sure I can speak for all of us by saying your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Old 05-12-06, 11:10 AM
hguy4x
Driver

Originally Posted by SUPRATRD
I'm working on it!
Any updates? Is this going to be the same key glove as the previous group buy? Or will it be the better looking one from the Lexus Collection in Japan - this one:

Quick Reply: Lexus Key Gloves