IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sad (sold E36 M3, now own IS 350)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-06, 10:46 PM
chubbymike
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Sad (sold E36 M3, now own IS 350)

It really has nothing to do with my IS, but I signed the papers today to sell my 95 M3. Had that car for 10 years and although I love my new IS, I still feel sad about losing a car. But at least I know it's going to another BMW enthusiast who'll take good care of it.

On another note, I drove both my M3 and IS today and I think what people mainly complains about is the lack of feedback on the IS. On the M3 (even though it's an 11 year old car) you get a lot of feedback and thus is able to feel what the car's doing and drive more confidently.
on the other hand, driving the IS 350 (I have the sports pkg), the ride was stiff/firm, but Lexus does an excellent job keep us isolated from a lot of excessive noise. The ride is so smooth that I can't tell if i'm goig 25 or 50. I was driving on the expressway (Foothill Exp for those nor Cal people) and the speed limit was 45. I was going 50 and my fiancee asked me why I was driving so slow...she said it felt like I was going 25! And it felt like it b/c I was barely touching the gas pedal...the IS has that much power! on the flipside, when I down shift on my M3 I can hear the engine at high rpm, but today, I was exiting the freeway and downshifted on the IS from 6 all the way to 4-3, I couldn't even hear the engine rev and it was at 4500 rpm....so quiet! And I had to look down on the tachometer to see what the RPM was because I couldn't hear anything...maybe it's because i'm not used to the car yet. I only had it for about 3 weeks and the car has only 800 miles.

ok, just felt like sharing since I don't post enough
Old 05-03-06, 11:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well when there is nothing to do with the IS, it doesn't stay in the IS forum

don't know what to say, but um..... spend more time with the IS!
Old 05-04-06, 12:30 PM
chubbymike
Driver

actually, if you read the 2nd paragraph, I was making some comparisons between my IS and the BMW M3. so it DOES have something to do with the IS. please read the whole thing before dissing me off.
Old 05-04-06, 03:31 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chubbymike
actually, if you read the 2nd paragraph, I was making some comparisons between my IS and the BMW M3. so it DOES have something to do with the IS. please read the whole thing before dissing me off.
You probably shouldn't have started your post with an opening statement of "It really has nothing to do with my IS..." then.

But seriously, this thread belongs to the IS forum.

And yeah, the the quietness of the new V6 is just amazing, barely any noise at even moderately high RPMs.
Old 05-04-06, 10:28 PM
chubbymike
Driver

Thanks XeroKooL. maybe someone should "unmove" it then. geez...
this really makes me as a new CL member feel upset. I'm trying to get involved and try to post something, and then only to get an insensitive comment from a "senior moderator"...whatever.
Old 05-04-06, 11:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

first of all, welcome to clublexus and i hope you enjoy it here.

second of all, if you haven't read the rules in full, keep in mind that never ever go at any moderators against their decisions. if you dont' think something is right, you can choose to pm any of the moderators and administrators, and appropriate actions and reviews would be done. going at moderoators directly in public is a bit no-no, that's written very clearly in the member rules. it's a bannable offense, and you did that twice in your two posts

third, back to your post, i actually read everything before i moved, so don't criticize me for something i did not do. and the way i see it, if you were to compare between the m3 and the is, that's totally fine with me, but make that the main subject. however you started it with "sad", and then "this has nothing to do with the is", and then about "i sold my m3 today", before you go into the comparison. so what do you expect me to think as the *main* point of the post?

forth, i am not, and none of the other moderators are, in anyway discouraging you from posting. we encourage everyone to post. but i don't see the point of how a "moved" post would be so discouraging and "insensitive", it's not an offense and you are not being penalized by it.

fifth, my position aside, i suggest you have more respect for any moderators in general. moderators are all volunteers who spend a lot of time on this forum to make this a cleaner and better place, without asking for anything in return. i am not saying eveything they (or me) do is right, but i can tell you all moderators are doing what they can. paying them respect is the least all members could do
Old 05-04-06, 11:50 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

then only to get an insensitive comment from a "senior moderator"...whatever.

You need to clean your approach to people up some rather quickly. Don't take an attitude like that with Henry, or any moderation.

You need to think before you type, and respect the decisions made by moderation. If you have an issue use the PM feature to solve it. Arguing with moderators in public or making snide statements is a losing battle and you only get one chance to fix it.

Take a proactive approach to your posts and you'll enjoy yourself much more.

On a side note, this isn't BFC..... remember that
Old 05-05-06, 12:11 AM
C280to250
Pole Position

Thanks XeroKooL. maybe someone should "unmove" it then. geez...
this really makes me as a new CL member feel upset. I'm trying to get involved and try to post something, and then only to get an insensitive comment from a "senior moderator"...whatever.

Welcome Chubbymike. Relax just enjoy the board forget about what other members have to say.
After all its just internet.

Tough Moderator just doing there Job nothing personal

Congrats on the 350 . wish i had

Come Back and Stay awhile you'll have your car for next 5-10 years
Old 05-05-06, 08:33 AM
LexFather

It really has nothing to do with my IS, but I signed the papers today to sell my 95 M3. Had that car for 10 years and although I love my new IS, I still feel sad about losing a car. But at least I know it's going to another BMW enthusiast who'll take good care of it.

On another note, I drove both my M3 and IS today and I think what people mainly complains about is the lack of feedback on the IS. On the M3 (even though it's an 11 year old car) you get a lot of feedback and thus is able to feel what the car's doing and drive more confidently.
on the other hand, driving the IS 350 (I have the sports pkg), the ride was stiff/firm, but Lexus does an excellent job keep us isolated from a lot of excessive noise. The ride is so smooth that I can't tell if i'm goig 25 or 50. I was driving on the expressway (Foothill Exp for those nor Cal people) and the speed limit was 45. I was going 50 and my fiancee asked me why I was driving so slow...she said it felt like I was going 25! And it felt like it b/c I was barely touching the gas pedal...the IS has that much power! on the flipside, when I down shift on my M3 I can hear the engine at high rpm, but today, I was exiting the freeway and downshifted on the IS from 6 all the way to 4-3, I couldn't even hear the engine rev and it was at 4500 rpm....so quiet! And I had to look down on the tachometer to see what the RPM was because I couldn't hear anything...maybe it's because i'm not used to the car yet. I only had it for about 3 weeks and the car has only 800 miles.

ok, just felt like sharing since I don't post enough

I think if you had a title that actually described your story, it would prevent issues.

"Sad" is what I think, when I saw the non descriptive title.

I will edit, so people will come read your story.
Old 05-05-06, 09:35 AM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Buck up little camper. You may have sold a really good car, but you now own a really GREAT car!
Old 05-05-06, 10:00 AM
keeeeez
Pole Position

Sad???chubbymike

Sad is trading in your 05 G35 for a van because your wife decided to trade in the family SUV for the IS...

Well, I'm not really sad, I have begun to take out my frustrations by modifying it, first a little 19" adding here.. a little lowering here, a little exhaust here, a little nos there. Pretty soon, she won't want to drive it and I'll be stuck with it

so ya, I can only imagine your feeling of losing what you probably had as part of your family (your M3) - now your stuck with your unresponsive IS350. But it could be worse. You could be driving a van.

Can't we all just get along? heh
Old 05-05-06, 10:01 AM
keeeeez
Pole Position

btw... it adds a nice, yet strange touch with the Sad title.
Old 05-05-06, 12:08 PM
chubbymike
Driver

Hi guys,
first of all, a big "SORRY" to those affected. Some of my comments were inappropriate and was wrote out of frustration and anger. I was looking for some support from my new friends in CL and just felt pushed aside. That was all. I shouldn't have criticized any of the moderators, so please accept my apologies.
Old 05-05-06, 02:10 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It really has nothing to do with my IS, but I signed the papers today to sell my 95 M3. Had that car for 10 years and ...... note, I drove both my M3 and IS today and I think what people mainly complains about is the lack of feedback on the ............. to see what the RPM was because I couldn't hear anything...maybe it's because i'm not used to the car yet. I only had it for about 3 weeks and the car has only 800 miles....
I traded in my 99 M3 convertible for the IS350. I'm VERY happy with my new car. The stereo kicks ***, and the car is very fast. My M3 handled better (absolutely no doubt about that) but at the end of the day, the IS350 provided better value for the buck (in my opinion)

When I purchased the M3 back in 1999, it provided the best value in a 4 seater. To me value is a combination of everything - horsepower/torque, handling, stereo, etc)

So I do miss my M3, but it was time for it to go, and I'm sure I'll keep the Lexus for 5 to 7 years, unless I win the lottery or some large greens falls my way.
Old 05-05-06, 04:40 PM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
first of all, welcome to clublexus and i hope you enjoy it here.

second of all, if you haven't read the rules in full, keep in mind that never ever go at any moderators against their decisions. if you dont' think something is right, you can choose to pm any of the moderators and administrators, and appropriate actions and reviews would be done. going at moderoators directly in public is a bit no-no, that's written very clearly in the member rules. it's a bannable offense, and you did that twice in your two posts

third, back to your post, i actually read everything before i moved, so don't criticize me for something i did not do. and the way i see it, if you were to compare between the m3 and the is, that's totally fine with me, but make that the main subject. however you started it with "sad", and then "this has nothing to do with the is", and then about "i sold my m3 today", before you go into the comparison. so what do you expect me to think as the *main* point of the post?

forth, i am not, and none of the other moderators are, in anyway discouraging you from posting. we encourage everyone to post. but i don't see the point of how a "moved" post would be so discouraging and "insensitive", it's not an offense and you are not being penalized by it.

fifth, my position aside, i suggest you have more respect for any moderators in general. moderators are all volunteers who spend a lot of time on this forum to make this a cleaner and better place, without asking for anything in return. i am not saying eveything they (or me) do is right, but i can tell you all moderators are doing what they can. paying them respect is the least all members could do
rominl I think you came down a bit hard on that guy. Maybe im just used to AudiWorld, i dunno, that environment is a bit different over there.

"second of all, if you haven't read the rules in full, keep in mind that never ever go at any moderators against their decisions." this doesnt sound a bit pretentious to you?

i havent been here for long too long but i have seen more than one post by a mod reminding people not to disagree or argue with their judgement on the public forums.... you essentially repeat the same thing over and over again in your five separate paragraphs...

yes, you have 37k posts and i have under 500, i get it, im a n00b over here, but posts like this arent very promising

Quick Reply: Sad (sold E36 M3, now own IS 350)