IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Seriously..things are out to get this car

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-06, 02:07 PM
nixietink
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seriously..things are out to get this car

So I was driving along at the end of last week, minding my own business...and at this point I had my car for less than 2 weeks..when something, I still have no idea what it was, came from out of the sky from the left hand side, and hit the right side of my car on my hood and right next to my tail light. Got out of the car only to find a gash about and inch long that not only took off paint but metal as well.

Took my baby to get an estimate...$500 to fix

Then the next day I start my car...low tire...get out look at my tires..the back left one had a huge spike sitcking out and to make a long story short it damaged the sidewall resulting in a new tire...$220.

Could anything else go wrong??
Old 05-04-06, 02:10 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Bummer... I've been fortunate enough that after 8k miles I haven't had any objects hit my car. I did have a 4 inch long nail in my rear tire though but it was not on the sidewall so I was able to get it patched up.
Old 05-04-06, 02:14 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These cars are cursed. I parked in an empty lot, and someone hit my car. Someone had an armadillo hit the side of his car. Another guy had his rear window pop out and scratch his door.... and now things fall from the sky to hit these cars.

Old 05-04-06, 02:16 PM
nixietink
Rookie

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
These cars are cursed. I parked in an empty lot, and someone hit my car. Someone had an armadillo hit the side of his car. Another guy had his rear window pop out and scratch his door.... and now things fall from the sky to hit these cars.

an armadillo hit someones car? And I thought the mysterious flying object was bad..
Old 05-04-06, 02:26 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've also been lucky enough not to have anything bad happen to my is in its 5000 mile existance..but someone i talk to had his is250 for 2 days and someone backed into it now he wont have it for a week or 2 while its being repaired
Old 05-04-06, 03:21 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

3 easter eggs found their way onto my car resulting in slight fracture on my rear bumper and trunk.
Old 05-04-06, 03:39 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a single, private parking space behind my house, in the alleyway between streets ... I wake up this morning and there's a dent the size of a tennis ball in my front bumper. Wonderful.

Javier
Old 05-04-06, 03:40 PM
haniiip
Driver School Candidate

my wife was driving the 2is on the freeway last week and she heard a cracking sound on the windshield.. next second, the glass had a 7" crack..

when i checked it at home, found out that maybe a tiny pebble hit just under the right wiper and did the damage. i know i can claim this with my comprehensive insurance coverage, but will they raise my premium next time. i prefer to have this replaced thru the lexus dealer where i got the car from instead of generic glass and i understand dealer will be charging over a thousand to do it, is that right?
Old 05-04-06, 05:34 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crazy Bird

We got our IS350 home without incident. Then about two weeks later, about the first of April, we left the car at home and went to work. It was outside.Mistake.

This crazy bird, ( seen him later) a Robin, was seeing his reflection in the rear bumper and decided to fight that 'other' bird. He crapped on the bumper so badly it etched the clearcoat in one spot. Then he scratched the area on both sides of the rear tag.
We were sick. I washed & waxed and buffed,and washed and zaino'd and zaino'd. It still has a slight etch. That crap must be straight acid.

You can't tell it just standing there looking at it, but if you get down and look at slight angle, you can see a spot on the clear coat. Damn Bird. They are very territorial in the spring. Never has happened to any of our other vehicles,even though they were in the driveway too!
We went to the beach for a week , took the 350. The bird forgot about the car, or a hawk got him. Havn't seen him since.
Old 05-04-06, 06:21 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

i havent had anything bad happen yet **knock on wood**

i washed my car on saturday.. cuz it was so dirty.... it was nice and glistening after i was done.....i left it outside for a few hours....only to return to find bird poop on my roof.

BASTARDS!
Old 05-04-06, 06:39 PM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

im in a similiar situation. i feel your pain.
Old 05-04-06, 08:35 PM
nixietink
Rookie

Originally Posted by imaputz
i havent had anything bad happen yet **knock on wood**

i washed my car on saturday.. cuz it was so dirty.... it was nice and glistening after i was done.....i left it outside for a few hours....only to return to find bird poop on my roof.

BASTARDS!
haha..I woulda been pretty mad
Old 05-04-06, 09:22 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I dont even want to talk about it!
Old 05-05-06, 06:36 AM
cdeslandes
Pole Position

Hit a raccoon a while back. $1,700 to replace the front bumper, lip and fog light.
Old 05-05-06, 07:04 AM
mort
Lead Lap

Seems to be the same situation with all vehicles...at least other forums I have participated in all had equal amount of mishaps to report regardless of whether it was an infiniti or MB. Vehicles in general are just prone to stuff happening to them. Just do your best to avoid problems and hope for the best. Knock on wood...for those with the luxury package, you can do this while driving.

Quick Reply: Seriously..things are out to get this car