IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How do you remove the Headlight washers???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-06, 11:37 PM
motoguci
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation How do you remove the Headlight washers???

In Hawaii you CANT get an IS with NAV (and no west coast dealer will ship to Hawaii). So im stuck with getting a non Nav IS350.

The only car in Hawaii thats fully loaded has Headlight Washers. Which I think are REALLY UGLY. How can I remove them.

OR do I wait 3 months and order one without.

Last edited by motoguci; 05-05-06 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-06-06, 12:51 AM
acsan
Driver

If you can live without the ventilated seats, illuminated scuff plates, rear sunshade, and headlight washers, there are additional packages that are available in Hawaii that's kinda like a Lux/Sport hybrid package.

Oh...not so sure about ML availability for this package, you may have to sacrifice not having that as well. Either that, or special order might be the way to go. Only problem with that is, the 2007s won't be that far away by the time you get your car.
Old 05-06-06, 05:14 AM
motoguci
Driver

OR Can I just Disable them? Any info would be much appreciated
Old 05-06-06, 06:03 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

if you remove the headlight washers there would be holes on the bumper cover. You can try to disable them by removing a fuse (check the owner's manual), although disabling them does nothing to the appearance. Don't see why it's such a big deal--you probably don't like the parking sensors, either.
Old 05-06-06, 07:26 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed if you just dont like the way they look then dissableing them isnt going to do anything. And removing them means replaceing the bumper to cover the wholes. Hey just send my your extra parts and we will call it a trade. LOL
Old 05-06-06, 02:23 PM
zomg!11
Rookie

Originally Posted by motoguci
In Hawaii you CANT get an IS with NAV (and no west coast dealer will ship to Hawaii). So im stuck with getting a non Nav IS350.

The only car in Hawaii thats fully loaded has Headlight Washers. Which I think are REALLY UGLY. How can I remove them.

Servco does offer a loaded package without the headlamp washers.. choice K. did you talk to the dealer?
Old 05-06-06, 05:05 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Just pull on them, until they pop off.
Old 05-06-06, 06:00 PM
Enclenta
Rookie

I don't think they look ugly.
Old 05-06-06, 07:31 PM
motoguci
Driver

Originally Posted by sushihead
Servco does offer a loaded package without the headlamp washers.. choice K. did you talk to the dealer?
After I finally gave up on getting sports/nav/ml (shipping in a mainland car). I sold myself on package K. Right now servco is saying that it doesnt exist. lol (even though its on their website). I dont want to special order one cause I dont want to wait the 3 to 4 months (more like 4 to 5 since it will be 07 model). Im probably going to end up with this car and have the HW shaved off... along with the emblems on the trunk.

soo sad.
Old 05-06-06, 10:58 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

The headlight washers squirt whenever the headlights are on, whether you need them or not. It's a waste of washer fluid, and nice way to mess up a freshly detailed car. They may be great in the winter when there is lots of salt and snow melting chemical on the road, but I wish there was a switch to disable them in summer.
Old 05-06-06, 11:21 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not true. mine have NEVER squirted unless I pushed the button, same as on my old LS.
Old 05-07-06, 12:13 AM
motoguci
Driver

Originally Posted by Bichon
The headlight washers squirt whenever the headlights are on, whether you need them or not. It's a waste of washer fluid, and nice way to mess up a freshly detailed car. They may be great in the winter when there is lots of salt and snow melting chemical on the road, but I wish there was a switch to disable them in summer.

Better get yours checked. I dont think they are supposed to squirt unless the button is pushed.

*maybe I should turn my headlight washers into water guns... LoL

Last edited by motoguci; 05-07-06 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-07-06, 08:43 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by digital_b
not true. mine have NEVER squirted unless I pushed the button, same as on my old LS.
Maybe you better try again. If (1) your headlights are on AND (2) you use the windshield washers, THEN (3) the headlight washers come on as well.
Old 05-07-06, 04:53 PM
zomg!11
Rookie

After I finally gave up on getting sports/nav/ml (shipping in a mainland car). I sold myself on package K. Right now servco is saying that it doesnt exist. lol (even though its on their website). I dont want to special order one cause I dont want to wait the 3 to 4 months (more like 4 to 5 since it will be 07 model). Im probably going to end up with this car and have the HW shaved off... along with the emblems on the trunk.

soo sad.
package K doesn't exist? then why do they advertise it on their website for? grrr

i think it's kinda strange they don't have NAV here... some of my friends have NAV on their vehicles and it seems to work great.

and my 2 cents is that those headlamp washers don't look that bad at all. plus you are going to debadge the trunk? whyyyyyy?
Old 05-08-06, 04:00 AM
motoguci
Driver

Originally Posted by sushihead
package K doesn't exist? then why do they advertise it on their website for? grrr

i think it's kinda strange they don't have NAV here... some of my friends have NAV on their vehicles and it seems to work great.

and my 2 cents is that those headlamp washers don't look that bad at all. plus you are going to debadge the trunk? whyyyyyy?

Thats what I said... I asked for package K and sales manager didnt know what I was talking about. So I have it printed and Im going in on monday.

As for the Nav they said that there is no Hawaii DVD so they are not shipping any here. Which makes sence but shouldnt I be able to order one without the DVD???

and for the headlamp washers and trunk emblems... Im kinda picky with my cars. I prefer the clean look. (also because i got OCD and hate polish that gets stuck in the emblems). Another reason is that most people will have to leave their badges on because there are holes behind them. If I were to shave mine my car will look alittle different.

Quick Reply: How do you remove the Headlight washers???