IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

SR7 Radar/Laser System

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-06, 05:00 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by james6290
in some states they have a new ticket called intent to speed, im having a SR7 or a K40 calibre installed in about a week, along with blinders...between the two, which one would you guys recommend?
really? which state? this i'd like to see, how can you characterize and legislate this, what the rules/requirements, is it a moving violation? i would laugh if a police officer gave me a ticket because he claim he thought i would about to exceed to speed limit. do they have an intent to illegally park also? lol j/k

so i drove by one of those stationary police units yesterday and while i could see my speed ramp up as i tried to blow up the display, my v1 never went off. not even a peep. come to think of it, i haven't detected police radar in a good 60 days. my v1 might be malfunctioning. i even turned x-band back on to see if they pulled out an older unit....nothing.
Old 05-09-06, 06:44 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kensteele
really? which state? this i'd like to see, how can you characterize and legislate this, what the rules/requirements, is it a moving violation? i would laugh if a police officer gave me a ticket because he claim he thought i would about to exceed to speed limit. do they have an intent to illegally park also? lol j/k

so i drove by one of those stationary police units yesterday and while i could see my speed ramp up as i tried to blow up the display, my v1 never went off. not even a peep. come to think of it, i haven't detected police radar in a good 60 days. my v1 might be malfunctioning. i even turned x-band back on to see if they pulled out an older unit....nothing.
the ticket "intent to speed" is if they can see a radar detector when you are pulled over...and you can see my state if you look over to the left. they give the ticket because the assume that if you had a radar detector, you got it because you wanted to speed and not get caught...
Old 05-09-06, 06:47 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

the ticket "intent to speed" is if they can see a radar detector when you are pulled over...and you can see my state if you look over to the left. they give the ticket because the assume that if you had a radar detector, you got it because you wanted to speed and not get caught...
oh, sorry you said "some states", i thought you meant multiple states, i didn't know you meant "my state"....anyway, interesting; makes no sense at all but interesting.
Old 05-09-06, 07:15 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something isn't right. If detectors are legal to own in the state, it would be impossible for you to be fined for having it in your car. You mention "when you are pulled over"...that would dictate that you're already being pulled over for speeding or some other infraction....if they're legal, you can't be pulled over and fined for the mere diligence of owning a detector.

Same goes for police scanners.
Old 05-10-06, 03:10 AM
james6290
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by conekiller
Something isn't right. If detectors are legal to own in the state, it would be impossible for you to be fined for having it in your car. You mention "when you are pulled over"...that would dictate that you're already being pulled over for speeding or some other infraction....if they're legal, you can't be pulled over and fined for the mere diligence of owning a detector.

Same goes for police scanners.
you don't get pulle dover for having one, you get pulled over for something else and if they see it, they can ive you an extra ticket, in states where it is illegal, i don't really know what happens, maybe you go to jail...but i have no idea

its like this, having a fron tlicense plate is a requirement in my state, if i was pulled over, they would give me a speeding ticket and a fix-it ticket for the plate, but they would not pull me over for just the plate...
Old 05-10-06, 04:39 AM
monkeyfarm
Driver

you don't get pulle dover for having one, you get pulled over for something else and if they see it, they can ive you an extra ticket, in states where it is illegal, i don't really know what happens, maybe you go to jail...but i have no idea

its like this, having a fron tlicense plate is a requirement in my state, if i was pulled over, they would give me a speeding ticket and a fix-it ticket for the plate, but they would not pull me over for just the plate...

I can't begin to say how any lawyer worth his salt could easily get you out of an "intent to speed" ticket. It's pretty damn difficult to prove intent, and simply having a radar detector in no way proves anything remotely like it.
Old 05-10-06, 04:42 AM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by monkeyfarm
I can't begin to say how any lawyer worth his salt could easily get you out of an "intent to speed" ticket. It's pretty damn difficult to prove intent, and simply having a radar detector in no way proves anything remotely like it.
ding. "intent to speed" proves no law has been broken.

what next? taking home a case of beer I bought = "intent to drink and drive"?
Old 05-10-06, 05:39 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

ok, now i'm convinced you have no idea what you are talking about lol. i thought you were serious and were talking about something that you had personal knowledge of.

ohio is a tough radar state and they crack down on speeding alot, we know this. but there is no traffic citation for "intent to speed" when a radar detector is visible in the car in ohio or any other state. i'm calling b.s.
Old 05-11-06, 04:44 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

ok, now i'm convinced you have no idea what you are talking about lol. i thought you were serious and were talking about something that you had personal knowledge of.

ohio is a tough radar state and they crack down on speeding alot, we know this. but there is no traffic citation for "intent to speed" when a radar detector is visible in the car in ohio or any other state. i'm calling b.s.
ok w/e you think but when you get pulled over your gunna cry like a girl because you didn't listen, my dad just got pulled over and he has a radar detector and they charged him extra for it
Old 05-11-06, 04:45 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by conekiller
ding. "intent to speed" proves no law has been broken.

what next? taking home a case of beer I bought = "intent to drink and drive"?
if you are speeding and you have a radar detector it says that you baught it to speed, WHY WOULD SOMEONE BUY A RADAR DETECTOR IF THE DON SPEED!?
Old 05-11-06, 04:46 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by monkeyfarm
yes and a lawyer these days can pay for a new radar detector for a 5 minute phone call
Old 05-11-06, 04:54 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

ok w/e you think but when you get pulled over your gunna cry like a girl because you didn't listen, my dad just got pulled over and he has a radar detector and they charged him extra for it
i guess your dad is not very smart....for getting caught speeding. so you keep changing your story, now you saying the charge is extra; IF you are caught speeding. as in aggravated speeding; as opposed to regular speeding. so that might be true. but don't i think you are right when you say having a radar detector in your car will get you an "intent to speed" ticket. but don't worry, i understand you might not be fully aware of how the law works in your state. sometimes people are confused and don't quite understand how it works out. charging extra for a violation doesn't create another law.

Me, i never cry when i get tickets. i've driven across ohio many times. i know better than to blaze down the toll road across that police state, so i won't be finding out. because no police officer is going to drive up behind me doing the speed limit and light me up and ticket me for having a v1 in my car lol.

ask your dad to pm me if he needs help getting out of his "intent to speed" ticket...no extra charge lol.
Old 05-11-06, 04:55 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

if you are speeding and you have a radar detector it says that you baught it to speed, WHY WOULD SOMEONE BUY A RADAR DETECTOR IF THE DON SPEED!?
You are absolutely wrong. There is no legal basis for this statement. It's 100% james' personal opinion....and that DOESN'T count.
Old 05-11-06, 05:33 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

You are absolutely wrong. There is no legal basis for this statement. It's 100% james' personal opinion....and that DOESN'T count.
wow ur an idiot, why would you buy a radar if you didnt speed, to waste 400 bucks?

Last edited by james6290; 05-11-06 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-11-06, 05:38 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

wow ur and idiot

Quick Reply: SR7 Radar/Laser System