IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: What feature do people *most* wow over?
Ventilated/heated seats
14.84%
Paddle shifters
6.25%
Navigation
13.28%
Mark Levinson
9.38%
Back up camera
43.75%
Other (specify)
12.50%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

What feature do people most wow over..?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-06, 07:44 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phish2112
nobody likes my car, they all hate me with jealousy. So no huge '"wows" for me.

I get many 'yeah thats very nice', when it's obvious that in they're heads they're really saying
"THAT LUCKY F***ING JERK I HATE HIM!!!"
You misinterpreted their reaction... They like your car... They just don't like you.
Old 05-11-06, 07:50 PM
phish2112
Driver

Originally Posted by Ramon
You misinterpreted their reaction... They like your car... They just don't like you.
you know if I wasn't laughing out loud from this comment I'd probably take offense, but none taken, gave me a good chuckle. you may be right, maybe they don't like me, but screw em, I got a nicer car than them!
Old 05-11-06, 07:52 PM
mikewpu04
Driver

Originally Posted by phish2112
you know if I wasn't laughing out loud from this comment I'd probably take offense, but none taken, gave me a good chuckle. you may be right, maybe they don't like me, but screw em, I got a nicer car than them!
When I got a cold this week people told me I had my ventillated seats turned up too high...Ive taken major ribbing on the car too. Probably jealous... I agree...screw em
Old 05-11-06, 08:13 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

No offence intended... Just messin' around
Old 05-11-06, 08:18 PM
CHIS350
Pole Position

The funny thing about the camera is that people think its so amazing and....it's just a camera! Lexus was just smart and used it intuitively.

Personally I think the burger king and quiznos logos on the nav is pretty impressive!
Old 05-11-06, 11:27 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

All my friends freak out about the back-up camera. They literally love goin outside the car to see the camera and its small size. They also love all of the features of the nav and the different screens. They love the the tweeters in the back passenger doors... they always notice it and say, "wow... look at that attention to detail and 'good' sound"...they love the (for the most part) smooth ride... they love how I can roll all the windows down with the push of a button.... and how I dont have to put a key in for the push button start (like my friends S2000).

That brings up another point.... why does the S2000 have a push start if you have to insert a key anyways. Thats ridiculous. I love how the IS is fully keyless. They love lookin at my keyfob thing.
Old 05-12-06, 12:57 AM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unit74
Yea....no AC in the seats....just blows ambient air. But in shorts it is noticable. And, the heated settings get your *** pretty toasty.
I agree the 2IS "ventilated" heated seats can get your *** pretty toasty... until I got an RX330 loaner with just regular heated seats. My buns went from 98F to 170F in about 30 seconds and I thought I was slowly being cooked! I'm actually VERY glad how the ventilated heating works. It's a lot more comfortable than other heated seats which basically feels like I'm just sitting on an electric blanket turned up all the way.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 05-12-06, 06:29 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by inecstaz
That brings up another point.... why does the S2000 have a push start if you have to insert a key anyways. Thats ridiculous. I love how the IS is fully keyless. They love lookin at my keyfob thing.
This is how the "comfort access" package works on the BMW 3-series too. When I test-drove it, the salesman was like, "Check this out, it's so great. All you have to do is slide the key fob right in this slot, and then just push the button!" And I was like, "Um... if I have to put the key there anyway, what's the advantage???"
Old 05-12-06, 06:39 AM
Bengalfang
Driver

Originally Posted by diablo1
This is how the "comfort access" package works on the BMW 3-series too. When I test-drove it, the salesman was like, "Check this out, it's so great. All you have to do is slide the key fob right in this slot, and then just push the button!" And I was like, "Um... if I have to put the key there anyway, what's the advantage???"

Naw, the comfort access is the exact same as the Smart Key. You don't have to slide it anywhere. Just have it in the car and push the button. My mom has a BMW with "comfort access"
Old 05-12-06, 06:57 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 268 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by diablo1
Echoing what Bengalfang said, the car you drove obviously wasn't equipped with comfort access. My sister has an 06 330xi without that option, and it works exactly as you describe.
Old 05-12-06, 07:39 AM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bengalfang
Naw, the comfort access is the exact same as the Smart Key. You don't have to slide it anywhere. Just have it in the car and push the button. My mom has a BMW with "comfort access"

Thats correct. "Comfort Access" is a $500 option on the E90 and $1000 option on the E60 (5er) and will work the same way as the IS does. If you didnt get the option you'll have to stick the key fob into the slot THEN push the start button. Which I think is really hokey! They really should have incldued the Comfort Access as standard just like the IS.
Old 05-12-06, 07:54 AM
Solomoan
Pole Position

Default Wow Factor

At night...the illuminated scuff plates. I also love the factory HID AFS lighting system. Covered my fog lights with the Aerotech blue film, and it's a bad boy at night.
Old 05-12-06, 08:07 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Not that I got a "wow" reaction out of it, but I really did like true push start feature since I saw it on the prius. The pre-collision system was a major draw too, but not something you can really see at work, (or at least would hope not to, lol). Other than that I appreciated the heating/cooling seats the most, simply because I saw them as most practical in a leather equipped vehicle.

I'm also surprised that so many people chose the backup camera. I found it to be a nice feature, but still felt more comfortable doing my usual turn-head checking.
Old 05-12-06, 11:31 AM
mikewpu04
Driver

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
I'm also surprised that so many people chose the backup camera. I found it to be a nice feature, but still felt more comfortable doing my usual turn-head checking.
I put the back up camera on the poll as a last option thinking many more people would have said ventilated seats or the Nav before that. I do NOT have the backup camera so now I wish I did have it
Old 05-12-06, 08:33 PM
S.F.IS350
Rookie

I Acutally Get Most Comments About My Color

Desert Sage Metallic Black Interrior

1s350

Spoiler

Nav

18's

Quick Reply: What feature do people most wow over..?